Which lower cowl????

Phil_RC_1

I'm looking at lower cowls on e-bay. One is from Lithuania, one from Greece.
I like the look of this one ($144.00 Total price)
!BtnJbhQBWk~$(KGrHqMH-DUEvwEWvFDWBL8tOrNNUw~~_12.JPG

This one looks like the stock Yamaha but at a better price ($147.18 total price).
$(KGrHqZ,!hIE3u5wyBebBOFvrjBIj!~~_12.JPG

Does anyone have experience/comments about the quality, fit and finish of either of these?

Which lower cowl.

Hello and I bought the one at the bottom. The shipping took a couple of weeks and I didn't mind that. My only problem was that two of the nut didn't fastened to the bracket so I had to improvise. Still using what I got. The finish is perfect if you decide not to paint it (Dark Grey). I decide not to paint mine because I think it's going to get jacket up while riding. The installation took me about 20 minutes and I would buy from them again.
P.S. The directions are a little vague but it's easy. Hope this helps.

That looks pretty good on your bike. Now, I'm thinkin it looks better then the first one. On second thought, the first one looks almost like a chopper air dam.

Get the one on the bottom. The one on top looks like a poor design of a turd laying on the ground. Honestly, it makes the bike look like shit. It's like some clown smiling with messed up teeth.

2nd one, looks good. ;)

Second one... it's a knock-off of the OEM cowl but done rather well plus is a LOT cheaper!! Nice find!

This is the OEM cowl on my bike.

Last edited:
Hey Hammer fellow Marylander here I am looking to bring the bike down to Baltimore in a few weeks. Im from way out west but also have an apartment in White Marsh

Craig

Hello and I bought the one at the bottom. The shipping took a couple of weeks and I didn't mind that. My only problem was that two of the nut didn't fastened to the bracket so I had to improvise. Still using what I got. The finish is perfect if you decide not to paint it (Dark Grey). I decide not to paint mine because I think it's going to get jacket up while riding. The installation took me about 20 minutes and I would buy from them again.
P.S. The directions are a little vague but it's easy. Hope this helps.

Cowl

I've got the second one fitted very happy and cheap. I painted the stainless brackets satin black. Whack a couple of decals on and your done.

001-3.jpg

PS

Some fitting problems NOT MAJOR. It came with those small sleeves that fit inside grommets. The Holes in the cowl weren't large enough and when the sleeves went through, they cut the grommets. Bought new grommets and fitted without the sleeves. No problems. Had it on and off a couple of times. Yamaha Australia want $651 plus shipping!!!!

Last edited:
I have the CF one from Trenditaly and at the exchange rate back then was $270 shipped though much cheaper in the group buy I organized. IMO there is so much crap that gets thrown on the headers that CF seems to hold up the best compared to the painted ones.

I have the CF one from Trenditaly and at the exchange rate back then was $270 shipped though much cheaper in the group buy I organized. IMO there is so much crap that gets thrown on the headers that CF seems to hold up the best compared to the painted ones.
The second one is the Greek version. In unpainted natural black glossy plastic. Holding up well against coping so far and no need to paint if you want black.

Back