Would I be crazy....

Just listen to that motor

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSCSKGHBitE]Nurburgring 2009 Honda Vfr 800 on board - YouTube[/ame]

Turn your sound down a bit first :)

Vfr1200= (170 hp)@ 10,000 rpm ✅
Vfr800= (110 hp)@ 10,000 rpm

Vfr1200 curb wheight=610 pounds
Vfr800 curb wheight= 530 pounds

The vfr1200 would be a blast to ride even though its so heavy. Producing 90 percent of its torque at 4000rpm sounds wicked.

I tried the ST when there was a dealer in Sac. Wasnt real impressed. Granted, it was stock, but it was too mellow. Combine that with the light aftermarket support, and I went elsewhere.

But, it wouldnt hurt to check it out. Also, look at the KTM 990 Adventure.

I had a 2010 VFR along with my 2008 FZ1S. Had to get rid of one of them due to financial reasons and decided to keep the FZ1. Whilst the VFR is a nice bike service intervals are every 6000kms compared to 10000kms on the FZ1S and valve clearances come up every 24000kms on the VFR (expensive) compared to 40000kms on the FZ1S. I also found the FZ1S to be more comfortable, much lighter and easier to manage and much more fun to ride, and handling on the FZ1S is light years ahead of the VFR. Pluses for the VFR, it oozed quality, looked great (I had the Pearl White model) and had a 330km range, compared to the FZ1S range of around 230km to reserve.

However, the VFR just didn't get me excited to ride it, it just felt well put together, ultra reliable and ok. I look forward to riding my FZ1S every day on the commute to work, it provides everything the VFR does but with more comfort and more smiles, for less dollars.

It's not going to have the top end of the FZ1. When I was tracking my FZ6 I could hang with a buddy, also an instructor, who rode a VFR.

If you want V4 sound and performance, there is only ONE bike...I'll let you guess...you've heard it. :cloud9:

It's not going to have the top end of the FZ1. When I was tracking my FZ6 I could hang with a buddy, also an instructor, who rode a VFR.

If you want V4 sound and performance, there is only ONE bike...I'll let you guess...you've heard it. :cloud9:

Performance is not an issue for me. lol. I have ZERO desire to even go back to the track.

I have already decided that the Tuono was going to be my next bike. I checked one out last week. It's one most of the naked/streetfigther shootouts and it sounds amazing.

I keep wondering Hail why you would want to step down to the VFR, besides you have a ton of mods listed on your Fz1. Or are you thinking you won't have to do much to setup the VFR if you get it? To me the only sensible swap/upgrade is for an FJR. Bigger more comfortable touring, and still a Yammie.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my Fz6 when shipped showed up in a Tuono VSR4 box on the crate, I think it will be fate when I get it.

Last edited:
I keep wondering Hail why you would want to step down to the VFR, besides you have a ton of mods listed on your Fz1. Or are you thinking you won't have to do much to setup the VFR if you get it? To me the only sensible swap/upgrade is for an FJR. Bigger more comfortable touring, and still a Yammie.

I have always loved the VFR. Consider it a bucket list thing. ;) Has nothing to do with upgrades.

After all the trouble a friend of mine had with his, I'd not recomend getting one. Even the Honda dealership couldn't find the problem. It's been years and it's still there. I'm surprised he still rides the thing.

After all the trouble a friend of mine had with his, I'd not recomend getting one. Even the Honda dealership couldn't find the problem. It's been years and it's still there. I'm surprised he still rides the thing.

What kind of problem? I am not aware of the VFR being prone to any common problems if well maintained.

I have always loved the VFR. Consider it a bucket list thing. ;) Has nothing to do with upgrades.

Then do it. I wanted an Fz6 5 years ago and got a 2008 this year. I wanted an Fz1 at that time as well but was affraid of the 1000cc. It took me five years but I finally have had both and will say it is absolutely Effin' worth it.

So, I vote do it. And if it has problems then get rid of it for something else.

Back