Would I be crazy....

It is my fantasy bike. Always has been since the early 90s. Who knows, I may hate it after a while. then I will move on to the next thing. ;) I never have been one to keep vehicle long enough to run it in to the ground.

Is it more comfortable to ride? Considering it is an 800 vs 1000cc does it feel as fast and nimble as your FZ?

The FZ1 is my first Street Bike I have ever owned, and only the second one I have ridden, I rode a Katana 600 about 17 years ago and have very little memory of what it felt like compared to my FZ. After a year n a half on the FZ I am not unhappy with it, but I am Kinda curious about other bikes and how they compare.

Is it more comfortable to ride? Considering it is an 800 vs 1000cc does it feel as fast and nimble as your FZ?

The FZ1 is my first Street Bike I have ever owned, and only the second one I have ridden, I rode a Katana 600 about 17 years ago and have very little memory of what it felt like compared to my FZ. After a year n a half on the FZ I am not unhappy with it, but I am Kinda curious about other bikes and how they compare.

You can't compare performance. 140HP on the FZ1 compared to ~109 on the VFR. The VFR is a V4 so it is a bit more tourqy(sp?). Turn in seems easier on the VFR but I am not sure if that is just a result of how it has been setup. The modified suspension on the VFR blows what I have on the FZ1away. No comparison.

Ergos are a tad more aggressive on the VFR but still nothing like a SS. It will be interesting to see how I fare on Pyro's Texas Hill Country Tour this year as it will be my first REALLY long ride on the VFR. I do have about 1" I can raise the heli bars if I need to.

While totally qualitative I feel like the FZ1 is too small for me sometimes. I feel squatted up on a bars stool with 2 wheels and a big ass engine. I want something that feels, uhm, bigger. Not sure how to better articulate that.

You can't compare performance. 140HP on the FZ1 compared to ~109 on the VFR. The VFR is a V4 so it is a bit more tourqy(sp?). Turn in seems easier on the VFR but I am not sure if that is just a result of how it has been setup. The modified suspension on the VFR blows what I have on the FZ1away. No comparison.

Ergos are a tad more aggressive on the VFR but still nothing like a SS. It will be interesting to see how I fare on Pyro's Texas Hill Country Tour this year as it will be my first REALLY long ride on the VFR. I do have about 1" I can raise the heli bars if I need to.

While totally qualitative I feel like the FZ1 is too small for me sometimes. I feel squatted up on a bars stool with 2 wheels and a big ass engine. I want something that feels, uhm, bigger. Not sure how to better articulate that.

Something like you sit on top of the bike, whereas on the Honda, you feel like you're "IN" the bike. In a cockpit etc?

That's how I felt about my FZ1 vs my RC51.

Congrats on the new bike. I've had six different bikes since 06 and have three of those in the garage. Sample as many bikes as you can, that's half the fun. The whole variety/ spice of life thing.

I think that is the best description anybody could come up with. After you said that I was like, that is the way I feel. I still like it better than the Fz6 for sure though, that felt tiny.

Ever since the new guy from Tenn. (I think) posted about wanting to go to an FZ1 from a viffer I've been having thoughts of contacting him. So far, I've resisted. The V Fource is strong with me. Hahaha

You'll like the bunch over at VFRD. Every bit as friendly as this forum.

You're gonna LOVE the viffer. Now get on over to VFRD Home and sign up. They are a great group, and you'll learn a lot about your new VFR.

I have tried on three different systems to create an account there and it won't let me. There is also no way to report issues there without already having a login. Basically I can fill in all my info but it just dies and never continues on to the confirmation page.

Back