Would you buy one again?

The 2009 FZ1 is the only bike I've owned more than two years, now coming up on 5 years on this same bike. If I totaled it today, I'd likely buy another one used but that new Tuono is the ONLY other ride that has my interest piqued at this time. I often look at the competition but in the end, they do not offer enough new over the FZ1. Granted, I have a TON of money into mods for performance, handling and appearance.... But, given a crash, I'd take my ECU (Ivanized!) and the Power Commander V and run out to find a used bike I can put these on.

I don't think I'll ever get rid of this bike. I might add something to the stable down the road, but the FZ1 is a "forever Bike" for me.

$6000 is a bit much for where you live. $6000 is about the average used price for an FZ1 here on west coast Canada but they are few and far between. Prices are inflated here on all bikes

My second FZ1. owned a 2003 fz1 and now a 2011 fz1.
Seems like the older one gets the more junk one carries. hahaha
that being said a sport touring bike (EX.-FJR) might be the way to go.
:dontknow:
safe riding, stan

The 2009 FZ1 is the only bike I've owned more than two years, now coming up on 5 years on this same bike. If I totaled it today, I'd likely buy another one used but that new Tuono is the ONLY other ride that has my interest piqued at this time. I often look at the competition but in the end, they do not offer enough new over the FZ1. Granted, I have a TON of money into mods for performance, handling and appearance.... But, given a crash, I'd take my ECU (Ivanized!) and the Power Commander V and run out to find a used bike I can put these on.

I don't think I'll ever get rid of this bike. I might add something to the stable down the road, but the FZ1 is a "forever Bike" for me.

Dude!!!! Love the new Eric avatar!!

$6000 is a bit much for where you live. $6000 is about the average used price for an FZ1 here on west coast Canada but they are few and far between. Prices are inflated here on all bikes
Figured it was based on researching prices...but I still have very little choice when it comes to selection, so I can't be too picky. I'd actually rather have the used one than the new one. Not so much for the lesser price, but simply because I'm not going to mod a new bike like I would an old one.

I appreciate the responses.

Several of you have brought up buying slightly used as opposed to new, and I'd love to. There's a couple of reasons that's difficult, though.

First, selection. Earlier I eluded to the fact that I'm in a small town...a small town surrounded by other small towns surrounded by fields. According to Cycletrader there's 11 sportbikes for sale within 150 miles from me (none of which are an FZ1). Country folk like Harley's, not sportbikes.

This also makes it difficult to sell one, which I've had zero luck doing. Put those two things together and you get a healthy dose of prison love from a dealer if you want a new bike. The FZ1 I'm considering is about 45 miles away from me in another town. Closest one I can find. That's also where the '07 used one is (with 30K miles on it, but well kept). In fact, I entertained thoughts of buying it since it was in such seemingly good shape. However, they only want $3K more for the new '13 model ($9K).

I got my bike off the internet, shipped to me and I still saved almost $1,000 compared to the 2 similar ones by me, and I live in Phoenix.

Mate, I can't think of any reasons why you wouldn't buy one....they are reliable, look great, handle well (even with stock suspension) and go really well (even without mods). They are easy to ride around town, yet have all the ponies you need (and more!) for the open road. Sounds like one would be perfect for you.

I would buy another FZ1, but not brand new one. They have barely changed since 2006 and buying used makes it easier to justify the mods that make it a much better motorcycle.

:cheers:
only color changes,,find an older 2nd gen and send the ecu to ivan and pocket the change.

Back