Yamaha Sport Scoops

I just don't get these prices!?? They think they have gold for Pete's sake. It's a friggin piece of plastic that weighs next to nothing and that breaks so easy in a drop or tip over. All aftermarket motorcycle parts are way over priced in my opinion. Cans, plastics, rear sets, levers, etc. I mean, come on, you can buy a new set of Bridgestones shipped to your door for $239.00 dollars, yet a piece of painted plastic costs over $300.00 dollars. It's all a rip off!

I hear ya - must be because of short production runs that are made... not quite like the tire that can go on ANY bike...

It's why I haven't replaced my chin fairing yet - too much $! The seat cowling I just had to have - and the price I paid was crazy - but you just can't get them at Wal-Mart!

I just don't get these prices!?? They think they have gold for Pete's sake. It's a friggin piece of plastic that weighs next to nothing and that breaks so easy in a drop or tip over. All aftermarket motorcycle parts are way over priced in my opinion. Cans, plastics, rear sets, levers, etc. I mean, come on, you can buy a new set of Bridgestones shipped to your door for $239.00 dollars, yet a piece of painted plastic costs over $300.00 dollars. It's all a rip off!

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! 100% agree!!!

I saw the dates on this thread and I know that you guys are looking at lower fairing kits but I also saw someone talk about carbon fiber fairing inserts. I have looked everywhere - been beaten to the punch in the classifieds and basically don't know where else to look. LOL Besides - now that I have seen these lower fairing kits - I really like them :)
So I guess I'm reviving this thread to see if anything happened or more specifically to see if anything can happen in the future? :stirpot:

That lower scoop here in New Zealand costs NZ$850. I want one but I cant justify that price. I got the blue Yamaha rear fender matching the front guard [3C3-W0706-XX-00], that cost NZ$490.88. Yes I went nutty and orderd it and now have come back to reality. Its really nice to have matching mudguards.

That lower scoop here in New Zealand costs NZ$850. I want one but I cant justify that price. I got the blue Yamaha rear fender matching the front guard [3C3-W0706-XX-00], that cost NZ$490.88. Yes I went nutty and orderd it and now have come back to reality. Its really nice to have matching mudguards.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! We all go a little crazy from time to time. I know that I have done it before

I guess not since there have been no other posts from FLFZ1 about it...it's too bad because I really like them, but the original Yamaha ones are just too expensive.

Took me quite a bit of effort, but I managed to replicate a FRP version of the Sport Scoops. I knew someone who had one of those so I borrowed it and got it moulded.

The only that's not right is the paintjob. I don't have the codes so I took it to a local paintshop that just couldn't get it quite right. I'm thinking of getting it repainted soon.

Take note that the work just doesn't involve the scoops alone though.

I also had to go to the trouble of finding bolts and nuts to mount it on. The original sport scoops come with some silicone washers, and 4 special spacer nuts, 'cos the things ain't flush against the radiator. That, and the removable plastic rivets that mount it to the frame. In the end, I chose to tap the frame with a helicoil and screwed the scoops in.

Silicone washers

And the spacer bolts

Thanks... My wife read this post, and I got the "If you ever" speach. lol

Well, it worked! I caught her while she was reading which is always good... she was distracted. :yes: Now they are here so I just have to get them finished... but I put her bike first then I'll worry about mine. :sinister:

Back