Zady5 Throttle Snatch Method

Hi zady5
please excuse my banter ,, it's a little fun !!
Thank you for posting the information , some photos would be great to help understand better

connettore fz6 con diodi.jpgcollegamento diodi  per mt09 e per fz1 fazer zadyfive.png
Hi zady5
please excuse my banter ,, it's a little fun !!
Thank you for posting the information , some photos would be great to help understand better

Delbert hello! here is the picture of the link on the MAP MT09, and 'equal to that of the FZ1 .my simple device works on: fz1 - mt09 and observing the color of the wires on FZ6. on my FZ1 I had a lot of satisfaction after the assembly, driving more 'fluid, by cornering more' safely, without fear to the reopening of the gas, especially with wet road. my wife (I drive always with her) and 'noticed the difference right away, even if he did not know of the device, it feels less jerks caused by the fuel cut, and she also recommended !!! I do not have photos of the assembly on my bike, and 09 mt of this' a user of a forum that thanks me. wiring and 'same as the fz1. my bike and 'all original. the only thing I did and 'move the tps 16 to 18. Delbert hello !! always available if you have any doubts.
I hope I explained myself better, it seems to me that google make translation errors, if you help me in the mistakes you make me a pleasure. thanks to all

the first photo is for FZ6 the second photo for MT09 and FZ1

Last edited:
So who is going to be the first to try this out?

I'm hesitant to do it as my bike is custom mapped, I reckon those with stock bikes would probably benefit the most.

So who is going to be the first to try this out?

I'm hesitant to do it as my bike is custom mapped, I reckon those with stock bikes would probably benefit the most.

hello! be wary and 'legitimate, but with a normal bike I assure you it works great, I received several thanks for my device, smooth ride, without tearing the reopening of gas, very useful on wet roads, fuel consumption and' the same as before some users say that eliminated the shots mutterings decelerating!
a answer, were i can find in this forum photo of beautiful place or beautiful roads?
thanks zady5

Last edited:
This forum is not as busy as the big bike forums are. Especially when it's winter in the northern hemisphere. We are a real nice bunch, though :)

I'm curious how this is causing less throttle snatch. Is it because of the voltage drop of all the diodes in series? I think each diode drops .7 volts when its forward biased. Or do the diodes ever get reversed biased and act to block current flow? If they are never reversed biased then maybe a resistor would serve the same function. Just bringing this up for intersting conversation regarding this fix.

nobody wants to install this device? I see little interest

Don't feel disappointed Zady. Right now, half the US is suffering from bad weather and the other half are probably out enjoying the ride. Many members here have either had their ECU Flashed, or have FCE's installed from mainstream sources that have been supplying them for quite some time now. We'd need to find someone with a bone stock bike that is not in the market for a Flash that would want to try. Also, they would have to know how to pick the correct diodes, know how to solder, and be able to work on their own bike. So there are some variables involved in order to get this done. I'm sure that someone will eventually try this method. Hang in there as your not the only one wanting to see the results of this mod done by someone other than yourself.

I'm curious how this is causing less throttle snatch. Is it because of the voltage drop of all the diodes in series? I think each diode drops .7 volts when its forward biased. Or do the diodes ever get reversed biased and act to block current flow? If they are never reversed biased then maybe a resistor would serve the same function. Just bringing this up for interesting conversation regarding this fix.

Diodes in series with the same polarity each behave no differently than a single diode. The voltage drop and current capabilities of each diode remains the same. The overall voltage drop of the series combination of the diodes will be equal to the total of all of the diode voltage drops. The current capability of the diodes does not change...
Diodes in parallel or series - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange

This is exactly what I thought. Basically you're getting one 'larger' diode with very low leakage current. There must be a reason for Diodes over a resistor... not all diodes are guaranteed to have a .7v drop, they range anywhere from .6 to .8 if not more. Also im betting the reason he would use a diode in the first place is to supply a 'less-resistive' path for the current on from the source to get drained to the destination, without allowing the destination to supply current back to the source in the event the source potential drops below the destination.

I still am having trouble wrapping my head around 4 diodes in series... maybe there is need for an addition voltage drop, but a resistor voltage divider probably would have gotten the job done. Im curious to hear the answer.

The main reasons people are not trying the mod is that:

1. They have Ivan's flash which fixes the fuel cut among other things
2. They have Ivan's FCE
3. It's simple to some people and nearly impossible for others.

Thank you for sharing.

The main reasons people are not trying the mod is that:

1. They have Ivan's flash which fixes the fuel cut among other things
2. They have Ivan's FCE
3. It's simple to some people and nearly impossible for others.

Thank you for sharing.

Well said Mike. My buddy Ray just got an 09' that's bone stock. Maybe this spring I can talk him into at least trying it out before he takes the bike for the Flash at Ivan's.

I would use some piggyback connectors in case he wanted to remove it once the test was complete.

Last edited:
I'm curious how this is causing less throttle snatch. Is it because of the voltage drop of all the diodes in series? I think each diode drops .7 volts when its forward biased. Or do the diodes ever get reversed biased and act to block current flow? If they are never reversed biased then maybe a resistor would serve the same function. Just bringing this up for intersting conversation regarding this fix.

hello roggiedog !! I try to explain it with google translator working my little device. the yamaha (all) have the small defect that we in Europe call on off (fuel cut). as you know happens when you close the throttle and then reopen. shutting off the gas injectors, and reopen when employing a bit 'of time to re-open causing the tear that we all know fazerman. the fuel cut happens when the voltage of the MAP falls below 1.38 volts turning off the injectors. my device uses always sends a voltage of about 1.85 volts to the MAP so that the ECU does not turn off the injectors and the fuel cut is not done. as you know the diodes have a voltage drop of about 0.6 volts then 4,25- 2.4 = 1.85 volts. my fz1 works beautifully now, I drive better without fear especially on wet roads. 4.25 volts is the volts send from ecu to map sensor.
I hope I explained myself, if you have additional questions are available.
ps if you Americans find right connectors do not have to solder anything, just create an extension cable. i have a link but i dont' know if i can post here .
p.s i used diode because i have a sure fall volts,2.4 with resistors is not the same thing because i ignore the milliampere used by ecu. the consumption fuel is the same.

write wit Google translator and by my little english. i hope you can understand me

ciao ciao zady5

I just need to understand how to a little better ,, so basicly 4x diodes, 4n1007 linked in series bridging the pink and blue wires , and is there a direction of Current flow ?

connettori map.jpgconnettore cablato diodi - Copia.png
I just need to understand how to a little better ,, so basicly 4x diodes, 4n1007 linked in series bridging the pink and blue wires , and is there a direction of Current flow ?

hi delbert!

the flow of voltage starts from the positive (blue) passes in the diodes, and arrives to pink-white. practically always sends a voltage of about 1.85 volts to the ECU to avoid turning off of the injectors. you can see in photo

if you dont' solder the wires must build a extension with connectors male and female see photo

Last edited:
Back