Zady5 Throttle Snatch Method

Hey Zady
I think everyone is waiting for someone else to try it first ,, I had the tank off mine today and had a little look whilst I was in there , a little unsure of the correct plug , is it the one on top of the fuel rail that plugs into the pressure sensor ,, photos of the fz1 would be a help to confirm , one needs to be sure what their doing

Hey Zady
I think everyone is waiting for someone else to try it first ,, I had the tank off mine today and had a little look whilst I was in there , a little unsure of the correct plug , is it the one on top of the fuel rail that plugs into the pressure sensor ,, photos of the fz1 would be a help to confirm , one needs to be sure what their doing

hi delbert this the correct connector were operate

Attachments

• connettore map2 (FILEminimizer).jpg
    connettore map2 (FILEminimizer).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 140
  • connettore cablato diodi.png
    connettore cablato diodi.png
    82 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Ok , so I decided to be the first to try Zady5 s mod ,, what's to lose eh ? .. so I have soldered four diodes together as stated then soldered a piece of blue wire and a piece pink wire to the corresponding ends then shrinked wrapped ,,, I have then connected to the harness temporary using scotch locks for easy removal with minimum damage to the loom , if it stays I will solder in properly ,,, so at first I didn't really notice a huge difference but after 30mins riding you start to realise the on off transition is certainly smoother as are gear changes ,, early days but will keep riding and let you know my thoughts ,,

View attachment 22133 pic of assembled diodes

have you a correct contact with wires? i dont' see the picture of diodes , wrong link? i hope you like drive your bike now. if you have a sure contact with wires must go well. wei a little on off will remain but the 80% go away. aspect of your driving impressions after a bit 'of miles, negative and positive hello zady5

Attachments

• foto1.jpg
    foto1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Well after some more riding , I can certainly notice a difference , mainly for me in the 3/4k rev band , as Ivan stated it will probably move the problem further up the rev band , but as I don't have issues there it's not a problem , I still have a weak mixture issue low down but on the whole I would say its an improvement , I would be interested to hear from others willing to give it a go !

Well after some more riding , I can certainly notice a difference , mainly for me in the 3/4k rev band , as Ivan stated it will probably move the problem further up the rev band , but as I don't have issues there it's not a problem , I still have a weak mixture issue low down but on the whole I would say its an improvement , I would be interested to hear from others willing to give it a go !

Delbert hello! seems you are quite satisfied me device! if you lean mixture at low test to set the CO to 20 for all cylinders, something better, you can always put everything back as before. I do not think that my device moves the problem in other ranges, 'cause fuelcut occurs only in that range, I travel quiet when I drive, but when I open I have never experienced carburetion holes or gaps in acceleration. before hearing the opinion of others, do the tests, the only way 'you'll be sure if it works the way you want. with CO to 20 will consume perhaps a bit 'of fuel in more', but if the bike works the way you like and 'ok !!! test and let me know Regards zady5

Thank you!

zady5, I really appreciate you trying to help us improve my "new to me" FZ-1's performance. Throttle snatch does make my shifting rough. I thought it was just my inability, until I found your thread!

zady5, I really appreciate you trying to help us improve my "new to me" FZ-1's performance. Throttle snatch does make my shifting rough. I thought it was just my inability, until I found your thread!

hello porsche! all bikes yamaha suffer the fuelcut, defect very annoying and dangerous, with this device from deleting it almost totally. if you have a good crafts' I can build you, or you'll get help from good friends. Delbert seems to have improved with his bike, ask him, because I speak very little English and do not know the technical terms.

There is no fuel cut in the 3-4000 range on this bike .... by screwing with the map sensor signal all that you have done is add more fuel.

All that this is showing you is that your bike wants more fuel... But you already knew that :)

Ivan

I get what your saying Ivan ,, I was just trying out zaddy5 mod , Yes I agree it clearly needs more fuel and will get a PC in due course , I was just playing with it Ivan and thank you for your previous advice

Last edited:
rough shifts

new member here riding a stock 2008 FZ1 i picked up yesterday. The bike only has 2000 miles and I'm sure it's bone stock. Tempted to try this as after riding it only a hundred miles I'm annoyed with this issue.

Will just putting a PC in the bike solve this issue? Or do i need to get the ECU flashed? Is that just another level of performance above the PC?

Thanks and so glad I found this place.

A PC will not resolve TS. It will help, but the ECU is program to cut the FI's off once the throttle is rolled back. There's few tricks you can do with the PC, but ultimately a flash is the way to go. There a huge thread on it here.

I can't speak personally for Zady5's solution but it may be one to look into.

A PC will not resolve TS. It will help, but the ECU is program to cut the FI's off once the throttle is rolled back. There's few tricks you can do with the PC, but ultimately a flash is the way to go. There a huge thread on it here.

I can't speak personally for Zady5's solution but it may be one to look into.

thanks very much, i'll do more research.

Back