$10 DIY Angle Aluminum Fender Eliminator

This is the fender eliminator I made this weekend. It's just a piece of angle aluminum cut and bent into shape. I'm happy with the way it turned out, particularly for the cost of paint and a couple nuts and bolts (angle aluminum was free). The only damage I caused to stock parts was cutting the turn signal wires to be able to remove them from the stock fender. Anyhow, on to pictures!

2010-09-06_20-10-36_827.jpg

These are when I was mocking it up before final assembly and painting but it basically looks the same except I didn't use the reflectors.
FendElimProto.jpg

The only remaining thing, which I guess takes it over $10, is the plate bolts with LED's in them since there's no room above the plate.

So what do you think?

Yeah, I ordered some plate bolts with LED's in them that I'm going to run. There is 0 clearance over the plate to mount something over it.

Edit: For anybody that is interested, here is how I ended up mounting the plate lights. I tried mounting the plate with them (as they are designed) but I didn't like how much they stick out (front and back), you'd be able to see the wires from the side, and also I'd have to cut the wires if I needed to change the plate. This way they tuck under the bike so you can't see them (or the wires) unless you look underneath, and the plate can still be changed if need be.

fendelim2.jpg

I can take a picture of it working on the bike if anybody wants to see it.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a pic of them on the bike.

Wait till you see what I've done to my already-bastardized stock fender this time! I've yet to fit it to the bike but it will be interesting if it fits. Let's just say it's a lot shorter once again. My concern now is that I have made it too short and the tire *may* catch the plate. We'll see!

Back