1st off in 27 years... Craptastic ride home

Glad you're ok mate. I was looking at the pics, and thinking you were lucky, and a few scuffs was all, until I got to the last few. Bugga:frown:.

But the Two Bro's is OK, and the frame, donk, tank etc. so you must be pretty happy with your sliders.

As for the damage on the left side, I think you've nailed it. I've seen all sorts of damage done to the 'safe' side of a bike in an accident by the rider.

Hope you get it all shmicko again soon.

Thank you Mike! I am really happy with the results of the sliders. Granted the CD parts damage sucked but compared to possible frame/donk damage, well, it was A-OK in my book! Saved the important stuff!

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Missed this post as well. Damn 12 hr midnite shifts! Nice thinking with gearing up. These bikes are damn big & powerfull nuff to mess us up if we let them. Glad the damage is as light as it is. Glad you ain't busted up and that you shared. I have let the gen one down at low speed in loose gravel and got out of it with no damnage to me or the bike. Had one dump at seed several years back, deer strike... that was a bad day. Looking forward to what you do with the crack up on the bike. Remember: and time a part breaks is a chance to get a cooller one!

Where can you get those long sliders for a Gen 1?

Deffinatley looks like they just paid themselfes off!

Because of the location where the sliders mount on the frame....you get too long, bike could be more prone to flipping in the event they were ever pressed into service.

Last edited:
Wow!! I'm just now seeing this. Sorry about the mishap, but consider yourself fortunate to walk away with just your ego badly hurt. The bike we all know will be fixed in time, but you've survived to share your experience.

As soon as I can, I'll get these parts off the bike and start working on them. For now, I'm riding it as is. Functionally, there is nothing wrong. :D

I could take the front pods off and live with the pod lights as the blinkers for a while and get that pod fixed. That is the easier of the two to fix anyway. Or, I could put on the quick disconnects and make it so I can swap out my stock blinkers for the pods quickly... The rear is where I am in trouble because I hacked the stock fender to the point I cannot mount signals to it. I suppose I could fab a bracket that would hold them and just sandwich it between the plate and the plate bracket.

Should have thought of this before! Hmmmm.......

Time for wrenching. ;)

Wow Eric! I am very sorry to hear this. I'm in South Dakota, trailering my bike, with my son and friend. We plan to make it to California and head back. A three week road trip we just started so I missed this. I feel your pain with the parts damage. We all love to stare at our bikes with all the goodies we put on them. I'm glad you're OK, that's most important. I'll try to stop by when I get back. What happened to you can happen to any one at any time so don't be too hard on yourself. Thank the powers that be that you came out of it so well.

Thanks Norm! I'll get her back in top shape for sure!

You be safe out there! Enjoy the trip and I will want to see you when you return.

Thanks for the kind words, Norm!

Eric,

Somehow overlooked your post here. Unfortunately as said I've also experienced a bad fall and licking my wounds...Also very glad that you're ok and also typing here your story away.....Take care!

Man I'm sorry to see this ,you being ok is first and foremost however ,having said that I know how you feel it hurt me to see your bike! Good luck with the repairs and again glad your ok Ed

Eric I don't know how I missed this one but damn man that SUXXXXX. Good to see you are ok. I was just eating lunch and saw the pic's now I think my pizza is about to come back up. Sorry your new copperdawg stuff got screwed up. Good luck on fixin her back up. keep us posted!!

Eric I don't know how I missed this one but damn man that SUXXXXX. Good to see you are ok. I was just eating lunch and saw the pic's now I think my pizza is about to come back up. Sorry your new copperdawg stuff got screwed up. Good luck on fixin her back up. keep us posted!!

Thanks Adam. I was quite upset that weekend but I am over it now. I think when I am done with the pods, they will be stronger than they were new! :D

The rest is just touch up work so I have to order the 3 part kit for the stuff...

Back