1st off in 27 years... Craptastic ride home

I'm interested tk see results because I may have two holes to plug from where I had to install cateye rear signals because of the previous owner botched integrated signals and a forced relocation before I became more FZ savvy.

But I first need to get the luggage here before I start rearing into things.

Eric, how is the rebuild coming along?

Actually? I've only replaced the frame slider thus far. I'm going to be home starting next week for a total of three weeks so I plan on getting the pods off, the stock signals back on and getting a photo shoot of the repairs.

So, I have not really started and since the bike still functions perfectly, I've been riding it with the damage. ;)

Thanks for asking!!

-Eric

so did I not yet mend my bike. Still driving along with ducktaped reartail and scraped front...the bike is still very much in good riding condition though...:tup:

so did I not yet mend my bike. Still driving along with ducktaped reartail and scraped front...the bike is still very much in good riding condition though...:tup:

Have you gotten any parts for that yet? Of course, your damage was quite a bit more extensive! Looks like we'll be having a busy winter!

I got nothin...................................................................................man I feel for ya. bummer, of course your ok though.

I already had 2 falls so i know how you felt, it´s a bummer. And how i used to say plastic doesn´t grow but skin do :beer: But seriously, better you didn´t heart your self that´s the main thing and now you can´t discourage.
good luck, hope you fix it fast

Have you gotten any parts for that yet? Of course, your damage was quite a bit more extensive! Looks like we'll be having a busy winter!

Got the front from Johnnylane. Bought a new tailcover new (wow they're expensive!) and was looking to buy the tail from Crazybiker to keep the new one in reserve...but needed the cash to have my wife's cardoor fixed. So i'll be putting on the new tail anyway. Other parts such as left mirror, taillight is already in house. I'll be sanding up my crashblocks and create these brass forkprotectors.
For now I've replaced the broken led taillight with the original one and placed back the rearstock fender with the turnsignals.
The damaged BIHR adjustable brake lever has been readjusted and needs now only a bit sanding and repainting....yes that will be an activity for next winter to put her back in tiptop shape...but for now she still rides perfect.
Also have removed my pegantenna's, as I believe they were also part of the mishap...me already going to deep and trying to avoid these pushbikers by going a bit more deeper having my antenna possible dig in the street and as such loosing my reartyre???

Also have removed my pegantenna's, as I believe they were also part of the mishap...me already going to deep and trying to avoid these pushbikers by going a bit more deeper having my antenna possible dig in the street and as such loosing my reartyre???

I've had that happen twice already where they've dug in but they did not cause an off, just created a wardrobe malfunction that needed some bleach! :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

Looks like you're well on your way to sorting it all out and being back to normal. Sorry this was so expensive for you to repair though. Wish it was an easy as mine to fix up! Let's hope that is the last off for as many years once more!

Thanks Lee. I'm ready to repair the pods, just waiting for time to do it. The rest is cake. :D

Where in MA are you? I'm looking at heading south on the 19th to meet with PapaGeno from RI. Interested in meeting for coffee and a ride? Maybe somewhere in your neck of the woods?

I'm in Fall River Ma ... on the border of Tiverton RI and Providence is 20 minutes from me. I'd love to hook up with you guys one of these days but my sons 8th b-day is next weekend ... that'll be tough...

Thanks for the offer though... hopefully I'll catch up next time !

Well, I am headed out tomorrow morning with no destination in mind. I am riding until I get tired and hitting the GPS Home button later in the day. ;) Maybe I will head south, maybe north... don't know yet! :D

If you ride as far as middleboro MA ... stop by Capeway Rover's MX ... I'll be tearing it up on my other toy: CRF fo-fiddy ;)

Have a great ride and be safe!

Don't get mad at me for saying this, but this concerns 100% of all bikers, the first thing we all do when we damage the bike, by falling, slipping or something similar we are sad about the bike, and we look at what we have damaged, call ourselfs morons, idiots, but the main thing that we should be concerned is ourselfs and our health.

I understand how it feels to have crashed the bike, i didn't crash mine yet, but i crashed a scooter of 150 cc a I was dissapointed as much as you were, but look on the bright side of this you are fine and healthy, it could have been much worse for you or your bike.

Let's not forget that the cars and bikes are a piece of metal, an can be repaired easly, but on the other hand our body....this is a little bit complicated.

So To all you out there drive safely and think of your Safety first.....

True that! On this topic I think when we buy our bikes we just can't start moding fast enough. It is important to have the right gear though so I would say before the mods get yourself some good crash gear and then start spending on the bike. It's expensive but well worth it. I haven't used mine yet but I know it will hold up when it needs to. One of the most important pieces that gets overlooked is the back, man I can't imagine what could happen to my back if I got into a high speed or even landing on a curb on a low speed crash with no back protector or the little foam pad that jackets come with now days...

Don't get mad at me for saying this, but this concerns 100% of all bikers, the first thing we all do when we damage the bike, by falling, slipping or something similar we are sad about the bike, and we look at what we have damaged, call ourselfs morons, idiots, but the main thing that we should be concerned is ourselfs and our health.

I understand how it feels to have crashed the bike, i didn't crash mine yet, but i crashed a scooter of 150 cc a I was dissapointed as much as you were, but look on the bright side of this you are fine and healthy, it could have been much worse for you or your bike.

Let's not forget that the cars and bikes are a piece of metal, an can be repaired easly, but on the other hand our body....this is a little bit complicated.

So To all you out there drive safely and think of your Safety first.....

IMO Gear is very important. Living in FL, 10 months of the year I ride in mesh tourmaster gear and the other 2 I ride in Joe rocket Ballistic stuff. No matter how hot I always ride in full gear. Anyone who doesn't hasn't had enough road rash!

Back