2015 FZ1 Forum North America Meet Up

Which weekend do you prefer?

• July 11th/12th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aug.1st/2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you can work in CO 92 along the north rim of the Black Canyon and CO 65 over the Grand Mesa, those are both nice twisty rides (with great scenery/views) that you'd probably enjoy. They won't add too many miles as they are just a bit further east of the Hwy 550/50 run you have from Ouray to Grand Junction (that section of 550/50 is pretty boring). I'm trying to work both 92 and 65 into Lytehouse's and my ride over to Ouray. I think we will be staying in Grand Junction the day before the meet-up and visiting the Colorado National Monument before heading down to Ouray on CO 141, so we may pass you going in the opposite direction.

The left side is the north rim.
black_canyon_of_the_gunnison_national_park_colorado_photo_us.jpg

Last edited:
If you can work in CO 92 along the north rim of the Black Canyon and CO 65 over the Grand Mesa, those are both nice twisty rides (with great scenery/views) that you'd probably enjoy. They won't add too many miles as they are just a bit further east of the Hwy 550/50 run you have from Ouray to Grand Junction (that section of 550/50 is pretty boring).

The left side is the north rim.
View attachment 22395

That does look like an excellent diversion! It seems that adding 92 & 65 adds 3 hours to my day which may be a bit too much. Just taking 65 from Delta is just an extra hour and that looks like an awesome route

Thanks for the input

Back