2015 FZ1 Forum North America Meet Up

Which weekend do you prefer?

• July 11th/12th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aug.1st/2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Haven't been very active as of late, but still in my backyard.

I'm pretty sure I can swing something by then to be able to be there.

The only thing I know of that would prevent me is a family reunion yet to have a date pinned down sometime in July.

Sent from: Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:
Hope this comes together planning on coming up from Arizona. How can I find out more about where it's going to be and what accommodations are going to be available. and any of your Az or s. cal riders want to meet up on the way I game sure could be fun.

Hope this comes together planning on coming up from Arizona. How can I find out more about where it's going to be and what accommodations are going to be available. and any of your Az or s. cal riders want to meet up on the way I game sure could be fun.

This is happening for sure. I'll link you to the official thread. We decided that Ouray, CO would be a great place to meet but no accommodation has been sorted yet. We'll get that figured out some time before the spring, probably. I'll probably roll into town on the Friday evening and make my way back home on Sunday morning

We've got a few ideas for a group ride on the Saturday, something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/2sSvC

:) Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
I may be able to make this after all. I decided that if I am taking a week off of work at anytime I need to find a way to include my wife. So, we may be able to make it out there but we would be flying and renting a car. I will not have a bike but will at least be able to meet everyone. Now I need to start looking for a nice B&B in Ouray.

I may be able to make this after all. I decided that if I am taking a week off of work at anytime I need to find a way to include my wife. So, we may be able to make it out there but we would be flying and renting a car. I will not have a bike but will at least be able to meet everyone. Now I need to start looking for a nice B&B in Ouray.

Brad, I was going to call a place I stayed at in Ouray to see about a group rate. I was just waiting a bit to see how many "for sures" we had.

This is awesome news! It'll be great to see you there :)

I want to get an idea of who's coming or is likely coming so Brenda can sort out accommodation in Ouray (Thanks for that!)

I'll make a list here and feel free to post if you are or aren't so I can update the list

1) Dustin
2) Lytehouse & John
3) Hellgate & family
4) Hail & wife
5) IBCivic
6) nucmedman
7) fzdnasr14
8) Devilsyam
9)
10)

When we have accommodation sorted, I'll post it up in the official thread

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this together Dustin & Brenda !! I dont think we are gonna make it !! Right now it looks like are option is to fly and rent a bike or car . Riding the bike there isnt an option because of the timeframe . Although hitting a despensery and catching a concert at the Redrocks is on my bucket list !!![emoji9][emoji7][emoji5]️

Thanks for putting this together Dustin & Brenda !! I dont think we are gonna make it !! Right now it looks like are option is to fly and rent a bike or car . Riding the bike there isnt an option because of the timeframe . Although hitting a despensery and catching a concert at the Redrocks is on my bucket list !!![emoji9][emoji7][emoji5]️

Too bad we won't see you there but maybe I'll head to your neck of the woods in 2016! :)

Has anyone done a map recon of roads to ride?

San Juan Mountain Drive: San Juan Mountain Skyway | Colorado Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

I've got that exact route mapped out a few posts back. I think it will be just the right length for everyone to enjoy :) Looks very fun

Brenda is working on getting us a group rate at a nice place she recommended and once that's sorted we can figure out places to eat and whatever details are left. Everything we get sorted will go into the official thread to save confusion

Last edited:
I've been working on my route there and back and have made some nice adjustments. I'm going to skip Yellowstone completely but try to take routes that get me off Interstates as much as possible. Also, I want to keep the mileages down below 700 km per day as much as possible.

MAP PART 1 https://goo.gl/maps/KEvD7
MAP PART 2 https://goo.gl/maps/Qx44a

If anyone's got any input or suggestions, let me know :)

Last edited:
Back