2015 FZ1 Forum North America Meet Up

Which weekend do you prefer?

• July 11th/12th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aug.1st/2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bump it up! At the moment it looks like the weekend of July 25th & 26th is going to be the date. Let's get some more votes and input before 2015

Turns out I am going to be there in June so I cannot make July. I may have to shoot for a 2nd annual.....

June is too early if you want to play on the fun passes like Imogene or Engineer or California. They would still be snowed in from what I have heard. But maybe all the precipitation fell while I was there and now it will be dry for a year?!? :(

Myself, I don't know what I am doing for vacation yet. A plan for a loop through Washington, Oregon Idaho and Montana is plotted and has some interest from my usual crew, but time will tell. It is a weird year for me. If the Oil patch tanks, then I will have more time, just no money.

Last edited:
Let's call the poll closed! The vast majority voted for July 25th & 26th and so that's the date! I think Durango, Colorado would be an excellent place to meet up and allow us some routes so let's go with that as well

I'll update the first post with these details and then we can make a thread in the Events subforum

I'm going to start researching routes for a group ride and see what fun attractions and restaurants are in Durango.

I'll probably book a room at the Ramada for Friday and Saturday night if anyone wants to share a room

Business in Denver again? Keep me posted, I'll try harder to get up there to meet you in person :)

Riding with a group of friends I promised I would go with in 2015. Just so happened they set the date in stone while this was being finalized. Mostly pavement and camping along the way for an entire week. When I get the route I will let you know when and if we are in your area.

Ok, I may have found a decent route for the Saturday ride and it looks to cover a lot of excellent roads

Here's the route, feel free to leave some feedback

CpVj0WS.jpg

Last edited:
9 h 45 min....473 miles, that's a butt killer ride Dustin. IMO, you won't be able to "see" much and even though I live here, I still like to stop for pictures.
And then you add in potty breaks, gas stops, and lunch.

I suggested to Dustin that we make Ouray,Co. our base instead of Durango.
Ouray is a smaller town and not as $$$ as Durango is in the summer. It's a lovely little town and a more intimate setting for socializing.
I also volunteered to call a few places to see about getting a group rate.
Do we have anyone that will be camping?

Ouray

Make a point of stopping here: Handmade Chocolates and House Roasted Coffee We had Coffee, Ice Cream and of course had to try some chocolates. You can get away with that when you ride hard.:Rockon: It's on the corner of 6th and Main, west side of street.

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_02721.jpg

Cool little town.

I am considering this trip, but I don't know if I can swing it this year. 3, 1/2 hard days riding to get there. Time will tell. I did create a track to get there, with a few side trips plotted to complete a bit of unfinished business.... If I do, it will be my one trip, probably.

Link to Map: Dual Sport Maps and GPS Resources

Or here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zFzCnmB9Xf2Q.kExTmB-MzTfQ

Attachments

• 2015 Colorado planning-modified.gpx
    799.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The Long Way

Gourmet coffee?! I'm there!

I'd like very much to see you there, Lee! Much like you, I've already started working on routes

https://goo.gl/maps/VgmmC

Looking at the above you are taking the long way for sure. I have been through Boise and (no offense) as a rider I can see why you would skip that area. My route is a much more straight shot through to Ouray with only 1947 km, calculated at 23 hrs 39 minutes of actual riding to get there.

Everything hinges on whether my buddies decide they want to do the Washington Loop with me, since I had already put it out there. If so, that will take a full 2 weeks to complete and all of my time / money vacation budget.

Link: Dual Sport Maps and GPS Resources

If, like sometimes happens, they can't get organised or make a decision,(and I am running solo) I may just blast down to Ouray. I do want to get Black Bear and Engineer Passes done this time since they were the only two that I didn't check off my "to do" list in 2014. After doing Imogene on the 990, I have no fear of Black Bear, and Engineer should be easy by comparison.

It would be great to get together in such an amazing setting!

Last edited:
I think this trip sounds awesome, and is a great chance to meet some of the folks who have helped me with both of the FZ1's I've had over the last few years. I'm not sure if I can swing attending due to some family-related changes impacting how far I'll be able to stretch my vacation in 2015, but I'm starting to look into it.

To that end, I'm curious if anyone will be coming from the East. I'm in Southeast Michigan. It might be nice to join up with someone else heading West for the meet-up.

Also, I have a friend who might be interested in the partial cross-country trip, but he's not on an FZ1. Any arguments against a non-Yamaha guy joining the group for a little riding?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back