2016 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I'm dissapointed to see him leave the MotoGP paddock. If only Suzuki set up satelite team there'd be more rides for these talented guys. Hopefully Aprilia and KTM will set up satelite teams once they get grounded in the paddock.

I am disappointed, too. He's a nice guy and has been riding well since he came to MotoGP. I am also seeing rumours of Laverty going to WSBK and I would hate to see that. The way he's been riding lately, I can't imagine him not getting a new contract for the future.

I hearing Aprilia may have satellite team. My guess is it won't happen at next will still be somewhat of a development year again.

That said this year's Aprilia is coming along very nicely. It's too bad Bautista had the falls otherwise he'd be solidly in the middle of the standings with the Ducs.

Holy moly, what a qualifying! Iannone! Rossi! Dovi! Excellent riding from Laverty as well.

vlcsnap-00002.jpg

Tomorrow is going to be a treat!

Last edited:
That was some race! I'm happy Ducati has had some well-deserved success and it's great to see Iannone claim his first win in the big class. Gutted for Laverty who crashed out in the last corner; this is his first time all season he's not claimed some points.

That was an interesting race and seems that Cal picked the right tire set up. Did anyone notice that not only has it been 35 years since a Brit won in Brno but that Cal's racing number also happens to be 35.

Lorenzo is trying to prove that he is afraid of the rain.

Great to see Cal get a win, well deserved. Good timing, too, as Silverstone is up next. Rossi did well to take second and overtake Lorenzo for 2nd in the championship and make up a bit of the gap to Marquez.

I was shocked at the state of Iannone's front tire; he did well to bring it home in that position.

Great results for Baz, Laverty and a few other underdogs! Lorenzo, on the other hand, had a total meltdown. I wonder if Ducati is regretting their huge money contract with him next year?

Lorenzo came in and told his team to replace his front tire, as something was wrong with it (looking at Dovi and Iannone you can imagine this was accurate), and went out on slicks while they changed it, when he got back on the original bike, they hadn't changed the front tire. Now how would that help your confidence?

Back