2017 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

And Tom Luthi has signed on for the other Marc VDS seat. Only the avintia Ducati seats to go. Looks like Sam won't be in motoGP next year.

Moto 3 - What a race, pitty it had to be red flagged on the last lap. Hope Guevera is OK. He was pushing so hard to get back into podium contention after a few wide turns His tank slapper earlier in the race after running wide onto the grass was an eye opener! Canet is a great winner, I like that guy. The top 23 bikes all within 3 seconds - F1 will never get that!

Another incredible MotoGP race. Sandra and I watched it in our hotel room after a long day touring around on the VFR. I never would have picked Dovi for the win but that's really pretty awesome. Great racing for the top spot from beginning of.

Rossi looked so good at the start; I wonder what's going on with the tires that a soft Michelin sets the fastest lap at the end? Funny thing

I thought Rossi did an awesome job yesterday and bravo to Dovi. I'm happy to see him in first and leading in the points. I think it's like 25 points separating 1st through 4th. I love it! Oh and hats off to the Moto3 boys as well. Great race!!!!

How good was the MotoGP race? Awesome racing up front. Desmo Dovi is on a roll and when's the last time you saw a factory Honda blow it's engine?

Hayden in 2007 was the last one during a race. They have blown some in testing recently though.

All 3 races were good to watch for different reasons. Moto 3 for the close insane battle for the top spot from 23 riders! Moto 2 for a great come from behind to front battle between Taka and Pasini, and MotoGP for a good fight between the top guys and Dovi for the win. It was good to see his team mate cheering him on at the podium too. The Ducati guys seem to have a good team spirit going with not only Dovi's team but Jorge and his team also fronting up for the podium celebrations. Not many do that.

Sam Lowes is taking Luthi's ride in Moto 2, so he will remain in the paddock which is good to see, hopefully he can pick up another motoGP ride in the future. And Bo Bendsneyder is stepping up from Moto 3 to Moto 2 as well.

Bummer about Rossi, if the broken leg reports are true, love him or hate him, he adds spice to the racing.

Good on Dovi for back to back for Ducati, the last time that happened was with Casey Stoner

The question is if he will listen to his doctors and not actually race this weekend.....

It's probably not possible given the extent of his injury. Perhaps at Aragon? Even that seems ambitious for a 38 year old man regardless of who it is.

I'm guessing we'll only see him back for the flyaway rounds. :(

They held off as long as they could so that they didn't have to put another rider on his bike this weekend. They wanted to put the bike in his garage on display with his number on it for Italy.

Back