Arrow headers

Not tyre kickin here, for $460+ shipping to gain a 2hp & a bit of mid-range, is it worth it?. Mate your bikes got more than enough for real world riding & trackday blasts.

Not tyre kickin here, for $460+ shipping to gain a 2hp & a bit of mid-range, is it worth it?. Mate your bikes got more than enough for real world riding & trackday blasts.

The chart looks pretty similar to the Yoshi charts.
The dyno run was done on a standard bike, mine has the airbox mod, DNA filter, Akrapovic slip-on and will soon have Copperdawg flies and PCV.
There is also no mention of whether or not any mapping has been done but the biggest improvement is the HP in the midrange which is what I am after.
I don't mind being the first to try them out as Arrow make quality exhausts and I have a feeling they will perform quite well.

The chart looks pretty similar to the Yoshi charts.
The dyno run was done on a standard bike, mine has the airbox mod, DNA filter, Akrapovic slip-on and will soon have Copperdawg flies and PCV.
There is also no mention of whether or not any mapping has been done but the biggest improvement is the HP in the midrange which is what I am after.
I don't mind being the first to try them out as Arrow make quality exhausts and I have a feeling they will perform quite well.

I don't mind you being the first either :retard:

what do the stock headers cost??

All these dyno charts seem to show the same thing, the mid range no longer has the dip in it... with similar top-ends. Arguing top-end power is a waste, these bikes even bone stock have more zip up high than anyone really needs. I'm not a big fan of the revy feeling down lower in the rpms, seems odd for a liter bike.

So is it safe to assume that if you bought the full-system, and sold the can as crazybiker suggested, that it should fit the stock header? If thats the case, getting the full SS system of ebay for around 600 bucks, then flipping the yosh can to re-coup a bit, wouldn't be a bad idea. Modding is fun, I say why not if one has the means to do it. The drop in weight is another factor. Just my take on it all...

Heres a different spin. Buy the full Yoshi-system for the headers, sell the can to recoup $ & slightly mod the headers to fit your prefered slip-on if it doesn't fit which is easy to do?.

So is it safe to assume that if you bought the full-system, and sold the can as crazybiker suggested, that it should fit the stock header? If thats the case, getting the full SS system of ebay for around 600 bucks, then flipping the yosh can to re-coup a bit, wouldn't be a bad idea. Modding is fun, I say why not if one has the means to do it. The drop in weight is another factor. Just my take on it all...

Not sure if I'm following this correctly or not, but the Yosh can that comes with their full exhaust (TRC or R-77) will not bolt on to the stock header. You would also need to get a separate link pipe to make that work and that's about ~$130-140 directly from Yosh from what I remember...

Heres a different spin. Buy the full Yoshi-system for the headers, sell the can to recoup $ & slightly mod the headers to fit your prefered slip-on if it doesn't fit which is easy to do?.

Pretty much exactly my thought on it. I was just wondering what sort of compatibility existed from both sides. If Yosh would sell just the header that would be great. I'd have no problem doing some slight modding to make it fit the Mivv slip. I figure that the canister itself could grab around 150-ish in SS? Another thing I have kept my eyes open for is an aftermarket header for the 04-06 R1, a little mod work would do the trick.

Hopefully I'm not getting the thread off-topic. I think the Arrow looks amazing and if anyone here gets it I do want to hear what they have to say about it.

Pretty much exactly my thought on it. I was just wondering what sort of compatibility existed from both sides. If Yosh would sell just the header that would be great. I'd have no problem doing some slight modding to make it fit the Mivv slip. I figure that the canister itself could grab around 150-ish in SS? Another thing I have kept my eyes open for is an aftermarket header for the 04-06 R1, a little mod work would do the trick.

Hopefully I'm not getting the thread off-topic. I think the Arrow looks amazing and if anyone here gets it I do want to hear what they have to say about it.

I have seen a guy on the other FZ1 forum with 04-06 R1 header, custom made Chinese Carbon can & the headers blacked out, it looks good. He has it mounted similar the Graves full-system, i am not sure what gains + or - would be achieved.

You can buy just the header from Yosh, but I would imagine it's not cheap. If I'd have to guess I would say it's in the $500-600 range. The part number is 1321-401.

It's been a long time coming but the headers have cleared customs and I should receive them tomorrow.
I'll post a few pics of the headers after I install them sometime this week.
I also have to fit a PCV and Copperdawg's sub-throttle plates.
I have the bike booked in for dyno mapping on Friday so I'll post a report then too.

I fit up my Arrow headers this morning. It was a piece of piss and took around 2 hours.
They fit perfectly to my Akrapovic Carbon hex slip-on with no modification required.
They will fit any aftermarket slip-on that fits the standard headers and all for only $461 + Shipping from Motovationusa.com (who were excellent to deal with btw)
This Friday I will be taking the bike in for a custom dyno map and hopefully they will put out some good figures.
Here are a few pics:

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

Last edited:
I fit up my Arrow headers this morning. It was a piece of piss and took around 2 hours.
They fit perfectly to my Akrapovic Carbon hex slip-on with no modification required.
They will fit any aftermarket slip-on that fits the standard headers and all for only $461 + Shipping from Motovationusa.com (who were excellent to deal with btw)
This Friday I will be taking the bike in for a custom dyno map and hopefully they will put out some good figures.
Here are a few pics:

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

WOW! Those are beuuuuteeeeful! I can hardly wait to see the dyno sheets.

What mods are you running, I don't recall?

Last edited:
It could be much cheaper IF you know of a good custom exhaust shop to fab the pipe.

Oh trust me it isn't. When I did my pipes for my 1125R they cost a pretty penny, close to $1,800. For $465 these are next to free for a high quality header.

I think that Arrow, Leo Vince and Akrapovic are the top three companies. Their quality is outstanding.

Back