Arrow headers

Oh trust me it isn't. When I did my pipes for my 1125R they cost a pretty penny, close to $1,800. For $465 these are next to free for a high quality header.

I think that Arrow, Leo Vince and Akrapovic are the top three companies. Their quality is outstanding.

Lots of race shops back in PA where I used to live. Getting some custom work done really wasn't that hard or expensive. I guess it all boils down to what resources you have to work with.
BTW Ballmead the headers look great!

THOSE LOOK SICK!

I am totally going that route when I do this. Only difference is before I install them I will have them sent out and get them Jet-Hot ceramic coated black!

Looks great Ballmead. I have just had a PCIII fitted today by S&R PRO in Penrith. Only ridden it for the 30km journey home but am impressed so far!!

:yes:

ballmead I noticed that you're using a rear stand in the pics that you posted. Does the center stand not work with these headers or did you just chose to remove it? The headers look great by the way :)

ballmead I noticed that you're using a rear stand in the pics that you posted. Does the center stand not work with these headers or did you just chose to remove it? The headers look great by the way :)

The FZ1N does not come with a centre stand. The brackets are there to fit one but they aren't fitted from factory.
It looks like it may fit with the centre stand but I can't say for sure.

I got the bike back yesterday and on the short ride home the bike was more responsive and more powerful.
I will be going for a proper ride tomorrow on my usual test grounds.
PK1 if your keen, I'll be on the Old Rd early Sunday morning heading north to my parents place on the Central Coast. PM me if your keen for a blat.
I'm still waiting for the tuner to email me the dyno chart so hopefully I'll have it soon.
The headers look even more awesome now as they have turned a nice shade of gold.

I went for a ride today from my place through the Old Rd to my parent's place on the Central Coast of NSW.
Wow!! The bike is so smooth now it isn't funny.
Fuel cut.....what is that exactly? lol. The FCE is completely unnecessary now.
My midrange power has increased heaps and the bike is so much nicer to ride now.
I punch the throttle from 5K and the bike storms forward now.
I'm running -1+2 gearing so that helps a bit.
I reckon I've spent around $4K on the bike and it's pretty close to perfect now.
I love this bike, it's such a blast to ride.
For $461 (from Motovationusa.com) these Arrow headers are worth their weight in gold. I'm sure you guys will also love them as you can run your choice of after-market slip-on with them.
(still waiting for the dyno chart)

Last edited:
Ballmead,

Glad to hear your mods have all come together in a nice smooth package (mind you I reckon the FZ1 is pretty smooth anyway!). Sorry I missed your msg about the ride as I wasn't online yesterday. Glad you had a good ride.

I am so happy to hear that these headers work well, I have a free set coming my way from Top Gun Yamaha :p( very long story ) and already run a AKA slip on. Will be very interested in having a look at the chart and map. Your bike looks great with those pipes too.
Cheers

Here is the power run.
The blue line is the power run before mapping and the green line is the mapped power.
Not too shabby for my mods, the midrange power is on par with Yoshimura and I have a couple of extra horses up top.
My mods are Akrapovic slip-on, Arrow headers and Lars airbox with DNA airfilter. That's it.

BIGDOG_POWER_RPM.jpg

That's awesome man! There is a giant gain around 8K..

Those are some nice gains in the mid-range, but it's pretty typical of the aftermarket headers for the Gen II since they have longer primaries. This is due to the fact that the factory headers were a compromise because of the location of the catalytic converter.

I got the bike back today from my second go at mapping. I fit 38mm flies so I got the bike mapped again.
Pretty good result this time. 144 HP and 72 Ft/pds torque.
Here's the dyno charts with the chart before mapping, the first map and then the remap from today.

FZ1_RPM.jpg

Back