Burnout

Sigh!!! I was hoping for not turning this into a maturity level thread but i guess I've failed at that so let me try it this way?

They were commenting more on themselves than anyone else. lol ...and even though we do not want to do it ourselves we would very much like for someone to post up a vid of an FZ1 doing a good rolling burnout! I would anyway. YouTube here I come!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40EpeU5hr-8"]YouTube - FZ1 burnout & tire blow[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSjaWeZMI54"]YouTube - yamaha fz1 burnout bandje branden burn out[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZu9nMxOQPk"]YouTube - yamaha fz1 burnout[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj3A0Dfen3s"]YouTube - FZ1 Burnout[/ame]

Little bit of a roling one at the end....
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIQ8DJ5WYpU"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ1 Donut Donough Burnout Austria[/ame]

Having trouble finding any good rolling ones on FZ1

Here is a good rolling one but not on an FZ1.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fix1BNfToC8"]YouTube - Burnout - R6 long rolling burnout[/ame]

Last edited:
^^ Thank you for smoothing that over for me. As a new sportbike rider, I figured all sportsbikes could do it (silly me) though I love (x1000000) my FZ1 I didn't realize it didn't have enough power to do that, oh well!!!.

Oh yeah since I started riding at 33 yrs old on a cruiser, I have lots of 21 ish left in me :), and i know what you mean about taking a longer time to heal. I'm getting up there too. The Military has me in shape somewhat but that will end in about 4 yrs when i retire.

Last edited:
They were commenting more on themselves than anyone else. lol ...and even though we do not want to do it ourselves we would very much like for someone to post up a vid of an FZ1 doing a good rolling burnout! I would anyway. YouTube here I come!

Holly $$$$ hit I couldn't do that even if they made a book on it. (I know they prob do :)).

Thanks bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel 90 but act 21 when on the bike for the most part.

I would lie t clear up the fact that I do ride safe for the most part. I gave up wheelies. My mom got mad at me once for that.lol

As far as burnouts I think I need counsiling. I cant stop it. It seems like all I do is smoke the back tire like some 21 year old.
If Im not lighting it up then Im tearing up a city block faster than you can read this.

I do love the power but sometimes I wished they had put an A?B switch on this to have a very reduced power option so I could ride like i had a bit more maturity.lol

I feel 90 but act 21 when on the bike for the most part.

I would lie t clear up the fact that I do ride safe for the most part. I gave up wheelies. My mom got mad at me once for that.lol

As far as burnouts I think I need counsiling. I cant stop it. It seems like all I do is smoke the back tire like some 21 year old.
If Im not lighting it up then Im tearing up a city block faster than you can read this.

I do love the power but sometimes I wished they had put an A?B switch on this to have a very reduced power option so I could ride like i had a bit more maturity.lol

Well, since you are acting like a 21 year old, you may as well explain how you do a rolling burnout for us all. Thanks!

Wouldn't you have to put your weight on the front, under good front brake, rev-limit it in 2nd, and let the clutch out pretty fast to break traction and keep it spinning fast?? Must have great brakes I would think...

I used to do that on bicycles way back when... lucky for me the speed potential wasn't a real threat though!

Prolly a bit different on the Vmax but same tecnique.
Ride in first to medium RPM range just about 8k then Shift into second superfast open throttle wide open and dump clutch. the trick is to break free of traction so you hit it fast and hard.

The only other sugestion I would say for the FZ would be to get into a medium rpam range and fan the clutch once and open throttle wide open. This should spin it up then short shift right away into second..

It is so easy to do on the Max because of it low end power as well as its HP.
But keep in mind once you fell the rush its a hard rush to walk away from.

Billy you know first hand I cant stay out of the gas. the fun factor is kicked in all of the time with me. ( Dont tell Vadim) lol I was a bit to aggressive for him. But I respect him as a rider.:Rockon:

I'm afraid if I tried it, I'd break me or my bike, but the physics of it all would be to get as little weight on the rear tire and any traction reducers, such as a painted line, dirt/sand or liquid (water, bleach puddles, etc...). You'd want lots of traction with the front and some front brake. Then a sudden burst of quick power to the rear to start the spin, then ride out the fun.

Good luck. I expect some video of your successes (and failures too) :teeter:

I dont trust myself doing a burnout on my bike. About a month ago me and my friends were going to go pick up another guy and his bike, and we were all bsing in front of his hosue. As soon as we start to leave, my friend on his Busa starts doing a burnout. This things a 2008 with 3K miles on it, absolutley mint. Well he starts doing a burn out and then the bike starts to creep forward and the tire is spinning and hopping becuase its catching traction. For whatever reason he thought he could ride it out but instead the bike shot forward from underneath him and he flew off it and the bike just slid about 40 feet on its side...

3K in damage, he got it back Saturday.

Ill leave that stuff for the people of youtube!

I dont trust myself doing a burnout on my bike. About a month ago me and my friends were going to go pick up another guy and his bike, and we were all bsing in front of his hosue. As soon as we start to leave, my friend on his Busa starts doing a burnout. This things a 2008 with 3K miles on it, absolutley mint. Well he starts doing a burn out and then the bike starts to creep forward and the tire is spinning and hopping becuase its catching traction. For whatever reason he thought he could ride it out but instead the bike shot forward from underneath him and he flew off it and the bike just slid about 40 feet on its side...

3K in damage, he got it back Saturday.

Ill leave that stuff for the people of youtube!

Yea it's definitely one of those "don't try this at home" things. I'd like to know how to do it correctly, unfortunately I need to grow a few more inches and that ain't happening in this lifetime. I'm maxed out at 5' 2" :(

I cant say I am a fan of the front brake Idea. Use the power. I cant tell you all how well the Fz will spin up. Most of you "Billy" Use supertack tires, I would fear the looping effect.lol. That wouldnt be good. I Dont recomend this without the experience of knowing how to ride a wheelie just incase it comes up. Cover the back brake.

You guys should "stick" to cornering and just enjoy the smell of my tire. you'll find that to be much safer.lol:justkidding:

Its no wasting tyres if its past the wear mark and your getting new tyres the next day. Its having fun with your money. After all we pay good money for these and may aswell wast whats left. hahaha I'm up for another soon,got Bridgstone 003rs down to the wear mark.

you old codgers quit whining about it and just do it! I wait till it rains get rolling in first gear ,lean over the tank and let her rip about 7grand then speed shift through the gears while the ass end of the bike is swinging around like a drunk stripper all the while holding the throttle wide open!!!!

Ok I dont really do that it just made me sound cool,I think.best way to practice burnouts is by ...... borrowing someones bike you dont like!!!

My buddy and I are looking for a beater piece of crap bike for about $1,500 that we can abuse in this fashion. I love my FZ1 and do not want to risk damagig it. Will practice on something I am not worried about or owe money on.

Back