Dustin's Official 2015 Trip Report Thread

Be sure to see Deception Pass on the way to Oak Harbor. It the bridge that goes to Whidbey Island from Fidalgo Island. It's over the Straight of Juan de Fuca.

I left for Colorado today, riding east of the Cascades and into Moses Lake, WA for the night. 100°+ today and I'm pretty much going to sit in my hotel room and cool down. :)

I woke up pretty early and got a head start to beat the heat. I'm in Yakima at the moment, having a coffee. I'm heading the boring (but much faster) way today and will make the most of my day in Bend. :)

A few shots from today and yesterday

Dry Falls lookout

Chief Joseph Dam

Section of highway 20 in the Cascades

Liberty Bell in the Cascades

Diablo Dam

Just off the I90, heading to Yakima

It's been quite a day! It wasn't as scorching as yesterday because I spent a fair bit of time at elevation but I saw 100° for a couple hours today. This part of the country is really incredible, it's always jaw dropping no matter how many times I see it.

A little cabin in the woods, complete with a view of Mt. Adams

The high plains of Washington

Helpful information

Many mountains to ogle

Home on the range

I had intended to fuel up in a small town called Grass Valley. My GPS said there was a gas station there but when I arrived, it was abandoned. To make things worse, my fuel light was on and there was no other gas station. My GPS told me there was gas in Maupin but that was almost 50 km away. I gingerly and nervously headed west over 216 which stuck me in the middle of nowhere. It was a great road, very pretty. Thankfully, I managed to get into town without having to push in 100 degree weather.

I've never been this far on a tank before; I was probably about 1 km from being completely out of gas. Almost 250 miles, phew!

The VFR has a 5.2 gallon tank

Last edited:
It's been quite a day! It wasn't as scorching as yesterday because I spent a fair bit of time at elevation but I saw 100° for a couple hours today. This part of the country is really incredible, it's always jaw dropping no matter how many times I see it.

A little cabin in the woods, complete with a view of Mt. Adams

The high plains of Washington

Helpful information

Many mountains to ogle

Home on the range

I had intended to fuel up in a small town called Grass Valley. My GPS said there was a gas station there but when I arrived, it was abandoned. To make things worse, my fuel light was on and there was no other gas station. My GPS told me there was gas in Maupin but that was almost 50 km away. I gingerly and nervously headed west over 216 which stuck me in the middle of nowhere. It was a great road, very pretty. Thankfully, I managed to get into town without having to push in 100 degree weather.

I've never been this far on a tank before; I was probably about 1 km from being completely out of gas. Almost 250 miles, phew!

The VFR has a 5.2 gallon tank

The MC gods where with you Dustin !! You where on fumes !! Gotta love them Honda V4's !!! Good luck on the rest of your journey!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at Doug's place tonight and we had a great evening. I woke up early to beat the heat but it was in vain; 105 today in Redding and surrounding areas. Phew.

Just about ready to turn in for the night and I'll throw some photos up tomorrow. :)

Crossed Nevada today and staying in Ely for the night. Doug and I rode together as far as Fallon and he took me on the scenic route through the mountains and around Lake Tahoe. I'll get to posting photos soon :)

Here's Dustin blazing up 1-80 this morning.

IMG_1176_zps4am7stf2.jpg

Here's a couple Honda owners on a Yamaha forum.

IMG_1189_zps8qqk1kgz.jpg

It was great to have Dustin stay at our home last night, wish I could have kept going to Colorado but not this time.

Dustin,

If you see this and you are planning on Moab for your stop tonight (I just looked at your Spot Page and it would make sense), then treat yourself to the "Blu Pig" Our Location | The Blu Pig | A BBQ & Blues Joint | Moab Utah If you like BBQ and Blues music. One of my favorites in town.
IMG_0090.jpg

Don't forget about "The Love Muffin" if you want a good coffee and breakfast in the a.m. Homepage | Love Muffin Cafe

TheLoveMuffin.jpg

Looks like you parked it in Green River.

Ride Safe!

Last edited:
dustin,

if you see this and you are planning on moab for your stop tonight (i just looked at your spot page and it would make sense), then treat yourself to the "blu pig" our location | the blu pig | a bbq & blues joint | moab utah if you like bbq and blues music. One of my favorites in town.
img_0090.jpg

don't forget about "the love muffin" if you want a good coffee and breakfast in the a.m. homepage | love muffin cafe

thelovemuffin.jpg

looks like you parked it in green river.

Ride safe!

nothin beats a love muffin for breakfast !!

nothin beats a love muffin for breakfast !!

Well there is that...... But Green River is a waste land (no offence to any locals) and If Dustin is going that way , Moab is less than an hour away in the morning. Looks like there are few choices in Green River; truck stop, The Chow Hound, Burger King,or the Tamarisk restaurant just east of the river by one of the hotels. If I had to choose it would be that one. Tamarisk Restaurant | Great Food with a Great View

Last edited:
Back