fastest you've had your fz1???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did that, scary as hell and I won't be doing it again.:eek5::cheers:
Can post a pic of the GPS if needed.

Sorry about that Krispy...for some reason I thought it was jlewis, but now I am remembering that he actually hit 17x MPH with the N2O :D

Went back and edited my post...

162 MPH indicated on the speedo which is most likely low 150's in reality, had a little more to go but the front end gets pretty light over 150.

I got shut down at 140 mph before the PC3 and air box
mod. It took a little while to get from 130 to 145.
I was out in the middle of Nebraska with no cross roads.
I was watching for animals though.

142 mph this last weekend...it was still pulling pretty hard when I let off.

The mods Ive done are AIS, BMC aircleaner, PC3, Ivan's sub-throttle plates, and an MIVV GP exhaust.

Schrader

I did 145 mph when mine was still stock. I was already doing 80 and downshifted from 6th but when i got to 145 it seemed to not wanna do anymore. I didnt downshift enough gears to get my RPM's up to hit top speed i guess.

Why are there so many doubters.
A naked Fz1n can reach 170mph and above ( i have done it twice ).
With a perfect run up and perfect conditions this is not impossible.
145/150mph is easilly done on any FZ1N stock or modified.:rmwl:

Why are there so many doubters.
A naked Fz1n can reach 170mph and above ( i have done it twice ).
With a perfect run up and perfect conditions this is not impossible.
145/150mph is easilly done on any FZ1N stock or modified.:rmwl:

I think what they are saying is that while you see an indicated 170 on your speedo, you must figure in odometer error. So in reality your maybe only going high 150's. You would need to hook up a GPS unit to see your actual MPH.

So far I have not been anywhere open enough to really open her up. So... Thus far... Just 118mph here. And that was on the HOV lane at 5:30 AM. The closest I can get to an open road in this, the 4th largest city in the U.S. :)

Speedo only

Have done 155+ several times when my stock bike. With K+N zero gravity double bubble and a Akrapovic my top was 167mph twice so far. Got clicked at 110 (false alarm) with my 9500ix speedo and radar detector (satellite driven speed) both matched. Often ride the back roads of N. Texas (Blueridge area) Wide sweeping corners with slight elevations. Easy to keep it over 110. Do a search for "yamaha FZ1 crazy" on youtube and you should find a a vid called "yamaha FZ1 crazy old man" the guy can ride! speedo hits 140's and I think 150's once or twice. Also good for seeing rev wheelies, my next project. 08 bike bought in march of 09 4 tickets this year so far. 2 defensive drivings and 1 differed judification. Texas rocks! Love the fact jurisdictions don't overlap records. Next court date Jan 6th....

my top speed was 270 km'h with the gps on the bike well its was close to aprox 267 or something like that... so my windscreen was right on my nose and my helmet just wanted to get my head out of my body :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] I wasnt at the top of the bike but its was WAY enought for me :) at this speed I was thinking about something that can pass over the road and id hit it so I just slowed down right away lol..

Last edited:
The fastest I have gone on my FZ1 is about 50 MPH, but then again it only has about 2 miles on it :eek5: My red 08 was delivered about a week ago and by the time I got my insurance and a plate it was snowing :(

Last edited:
The fastest I have gone on my FZ1 is about 50 MPH, but then again it only has about 2 miles on it :eek5: My red 08 was delivered about a week ago and by the time I got my insurance and a plate it was snowing :(

Thats too bad Kevin. I bet by the end of next Spring, you should be able to put a "1" before that "50"!:sinister:

Finally got some open roads today...pretty bumpy and not at all the kind of place where you do a high speed trial. There was this one spot of nice crests where I always like to go really fast....lol...'cause it's just awesome when the front wheel leaves the deck at 200+. Today it was 225km/h with the front wheel in the air:eek5:. Gonna have to do a high speed trial soon though.

Cheers
Mike

hey everyone, I'm new here today. I don't know if I have massive speedo error or what, but I've had my '07 up to an indicated 178 solo and 154 two up. I kinda feel like someone's gonna raise the BS flag on me, but I swear that's what it said. At 178 I had just a little under a grand left till redline. Bone stock except for a few holes opened up in the airbox. I was thinking that with a full exhaust,PCIII and a K&N I might go 200 at the Texas Mile but now I'm wondering if I'm a lot further away than I thought.

hey everyone, I'm new here today. I don't know if I have massive speedo error or what, but I've had my '07 up to an indicated 178 solo and 154 two up. I kinda feel like someone's gonna raise the BS flag on me, but I swear that's what it said. At 178 I had just a little under a grand left till redline. Bone stock except for a few holes opened up in the airbox. I was thinking that with a full exhaust,PCIII and a K&N I might go 200 at the Texas Mile but now I'm wondering if I'm a lot further away than I thought.

:bs: I couldn't resist!! First off, welcome to the forum Chili. I'm not sure what the speedometer error is on the Gen II's but whatever you actually record on your speedo then has to be factored in with the speedometer error in order to get a true mph reading. You may have actually reached about 164 or so. Most guys will use a GPS unit to get a better idea of actual mph readings. Just imagine at only 5 or 6% correction, your actually running 9 or 10 mph less at an indicated 178. I think it may be higher than 5 or 6%. A Gen II owner would have to chime in to verify this.

Also, I don't want to lecture you or anything, but please don't ride triple digit speeds two-up. You certainly wouldn't want to live with yourself God forbid you go down at that speed and cripple. mame, or even kill a friend of yours. If your gonna runs those speeds (and I'm not recommending that you do), do it alone. I've heard too many horror stories. Ride safe and wear your gear.

Glad to have you aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back