FZ1 Temperature Light...on/off???

A great man said if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Hoping you the best of luck getting this sorted out. After all you have already done a lot on your own. How did the gas tank work out?

A great man said if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Hoping you the best of luck getting this sorted out. After all you have already done a lot on your own. How did the gas tank work out?

Thanks man.. I picked up the gas cap and fuel shut off from Yamaha dealership yesterday waiting for the tank sealer to come in and the fuel sending unit. I’ll be doing that while the bikes in the shop..

This is my last time trying to get it working after this it’s going to be on Marketplace AS IS! 😁

Thanks man.. I picked up the gas cap and fuel shut off from Yamaha dealership yesterday waiting for the tank sealer to come in and the fuel sending unit. I’ll be doing that while the bikes in the shop..

This is my last time trying to get it working after this it’s going to be on Marketplace AS IS! 😁

At this point, go for it! You will be an expert in no time! 👍

OK!! I just got off the phone with a well known shop here in Orlando ( should of just waited for them to be available) Sprockets Speed Shop

I explained my whole situation he stated a rough estimate would be $300-400 to fix. He said since it starts and idled and i cleaned the carbs it shouldn't be much to it and he is a week out if I take it to him Friday I can have it back by next week!!! $95 for the diagnose.. Will update once he lets me know what is wrong with it!! Let it work out PLEASE lol
That is really good news! Best wishes!!!!!

Well I couldn't get AAA to get to the bike in time which was a blessing in disguise since he did tell me if the tank was rusted he would have to seal it in order to fully diagnose the bike. So Saturday my KBS tank sealer came in an I have started the process. Especially with brand new OEM gas tank parts I figured I would make his job and my pockets lighter lol..

I am hoping to have it finished and in the shop by Thursday!!

Can someone explain to me the functions of the 2 spouts at the bottom of my gas tank. Before the cleaning they both were blocked but now one drains out and I am at a loss because there was never hoses attached to the bottom of my tank.

Thank you in advance

Well I used KBS Tank Sealer and I am AMAZED at how well the tank looks now it looks like a whole new tank inside. The Blue Demon will be picked up tomorrow morning to go to the shop.

Update on what is truly wrong with it coming soon!!

Getting the tank sealed will definitely help. It will be interesting what these guys find. I will not be surprised if the oil and water mixing is a result of a bad job on the oil/water pump work you just had done.

Getting the tank sealed will definitely help. It will be interesting what these guys find. I will not be surprised if the oil and water mixing is a result of a bad job on the oil/water pump work you just had done.

I never thought about that. It actually got picked up today and I’ll know something in a week or so.

It just used to leak coolant and stalls on me but your right I never had an issue with the oil and coolant mixing 🤔🤨🧐

Update:

Just got a call from Ryan at the shop he said they added oil and coolant it started up and did exactly what I told them. He said the head gasket is blown but they want to remove the oil pan and make sure there aren’t any remnants of piston or rings before he gives me a 100% diagnosis..

I asked if it was salvageable he said yes and no depending on what they find in the oil pan… Which honestly I don’t think they will find anything like that.

it starts right up in my opinion I think that’s a Great sign 🤞🏽😁👀

Well guys I come to you today with the sad and devastating news of the passing of 2002 Fz1…

it was a loyal and great bike for my first one.. learned a lot from her..

she’ll forever be in my memory 😢

Really sorry to hear that. So they deemed the motor to be too far gone I guess?

he said it’s the head gasket but there were a little shaving in the oil pan and he said if I’m gonna do the head gasket you should do the piston and rings and it’s gonna be more then the bike is worth..…… So now I’m looking for a nice R1 or R6… at least I get a better bike that I can add to… like ECU flashes and such.. I am Bummed 🫤 but it’s a blessing in disguise I guess… Positive thoughts 💭

Well guys I come to you today with the sad and devastating news of the passing of 2002 Fz1…

it was a loyal and great bike for my first one.. learned a lot from her..

she’ll forever be in my memory 😢

Really sorry to hear that. So they deemed the motor to be too far gone I guess?
he said it’s the head gasket but there were a little shaving in the oil pan and he said if I’m gonna do the head gasket you should do the piston and rings and it’s gonna be more then the bike is worth..…… So now I’m looking for a nice R1 or R6… at least I get a better bike that I can add to… like ECU flashes and such.. I am Bummed 🫤 but it’s a blessing in disguise I guess… Positive thoughts 💭

That's too bad. Good luck on the search for a new bike!

Back