FZ1 Temperature Light...on/off???

Well, that appears to be a lot of coolant mixing with the oil. I'd say you are looking at an engine rebuild at the very least, assuming you didn't do any serious harm. I'm sorry, man...

It’s not gonna be worth it to do that I can use that money for a newer one. Am I correct. I can’t believe this………🥲

oh no... that is horrible, so sorry man. Whomever sold you that bike sold you a major problem they were trying to get rid of....

you have a bad gasket somewhere just dumping coolant into the oil system.

oh no... that is horrible, so sorry man. Whomever sold you that bike sold you a major problem they were trying to get rid of....

you have a bad gasket somewhere just dumping coolant into the oil system.

Yea that’s what I’m starting to think myself and it was my first bike I didn’t know anything about bikes.

Chalk it up to a lesson learned. At least I know a lot more about bikes now!

🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

You are going to want to start with removing the top end to look for a bad head gasket.

If it were me and I had the time and workbench space I would pull the entire motor out for a job like this.

I have only taken the head off a motorcycle once and that was on a 2-stroke Quad, so way simpler.

a quick google search for:
fz1 engine tear down youtube

brings up a ton of videos. I did not look through them all but I bet someone has filmed the process of an engine removal and rebuild.

You are going to want to start with removing the top end to look for a bad head gasket.

If it were me and I had the time and workbench space I would pull the entire motor out for a job like this.

I have only taken the head off a motorcycle once and that was on a 2-stroke Quad, so way simpler.

a quick google search for:
fz1 engine tear down youtube

brings up a ton of videos. I did not look through them all but I bet someone has filmed the process of an engine removal and rebuild.

Yes, this is almost certainly a blown head gasket. It is puzzling that the compression test came out ok...

I don't know what I am going to do..... I'm Bummed right now
Start with finding a head gasket change out video on Youtube, watch it fully and then decide if that looks like something you have the tools for and something you want to try and tackle.

Losing coolant to the engine would also contribute to your original overheating issue since you would have less coolant in the cooling system.

Start with finding a head gasket change out video on Youtube, watch it fully and then decide if that looks like something you have the tools for and something you want to try and tackle.

Losing coolant to the engine would also contribute to your original overheating issue since you would have less coolant in the cooling system.

Definitely Makes sense!!

I just watched a video and I don't have the tool to check the camshafts, i will also need to see if the head is warped.. No I don't want any parts of this head gasket lol. What a damn Mess!!!

OK!! I just got off the phone with a well known shop here in Orlando ( should of just waited for them to be available) Sprockets Speed Shop

I explained my whole situation he stated a rough estimate would be $300-400 to fix. He said since it starts and idled and i cleaned the carbs it shouldn't be much to it and he is a week out if I take it to him Friday I can have it back by next week!!! $95 for the diagnose.. Will update once he lets me know what is wrong with it!! Let it work out PLEASE lol

So all I would need to do is remove the head and replace the gasket?? Sounds simple enough?!

That is it. In theory it is simple but it's a big job. The camshafts will have to be removed to take the head out. The valve timing will have
OK!! I just got off the phone with a well known shop here in Orlando ( should of just waited for them to be available) Sprockets Speed Shop

I explained my whole situation he stated a rough estimate would be $300-400 to fix. He said since it starts and idled and i cleaned the carbs it shouldn't be much to it and he is a week out if I take it to him Friday I can have it back by next week!!! $95 for the diagnose.. Will update once he lets me know what is wrong with it!! Let it work out PLEASE lol

Best of luck!

Back