Great Inventions Thread

So post up great inventions.

I'll lead with KABOOM! That stuff is a miracle for cleaning up old scummed up bathroom parts; shower heads, faucet aerators, aluminium shower frames, and old cultured marble. Just soak it for about an hour and it's like brand new!

Eagle One nano wax. i know its not the only wax that dont turn everything white but it works great. everything on the bike can be sprayed with it. even makes plastic look like it has been armorlled.

The Pocket Fisherman of course!!
PocketFisherman.jpg

RE: Best of the best

BLUE shop towels ! A must have for the shop, and the, er, well, use one to pick up the doggie doo, or the kitty poo, how about cowpies--eh? well, you get the idea ! Must have ! Tear one off the roll, make use, and wala ! No more mess . . . .:woot:

Imagine the number of trees that went down for toilet papers all these years. Wasting paper is IMHO one of the worst way of wasting of natural resources. I like the water jet idea better and is much cleaner :D

Then you have to think about how much electricity and chemicals go into pumping that water to a processing center, then pumping it to your house, then back to a treatment plant. When alot of electricity is still made from coal and oil its not much better. Personally i'd rather use paper which is easily biodegradable and a renewable resource. Most toilet paper is made from fast growing trees that are harvested from farmed land, when the cut it down they replant. Think of it as a big corn field. It's not like people are chopping down forests to make toilet paper. It may help you to know that the forestry commission has to approve the cutting of trees. If it's an older forest with no endangered species and there is alot of underbrush, which makes the risk of forest fires rise dramatically, it makes more since to cut down the older trees and thin out the forest rather than wait for lightning to strike and the whole thing burn down, taking homes with it. If you just want to be green there are plenty brands of toilet paper made from recycled paper. Guess it's just personal preference.

AIR CONDITIONING has changed life dramatically in the last 100 years; it led to population growth in the South and West and allowed storage and shipment of food at all times of the year. God bless William Haviland Carrier for changing life for the better for hundreds of million of people.

Then you have to think about how much electricity and chemicals go into pumping that water to a processing center, then pumping it to your house, then back to a treatment plant. When alot of electricity is still made from coal and oil its not much better. Personally i'd rather use paper which is easily biodegradable and a renewable resource. Most toilet paper is made from fast growing trees that are harvested from farmed land, when the cut it down they replant. Think of it as a big corn field. It's not like people are chopping down forests to make toilet paper. It may help you to know that the forestry commission has to approve the cutting of trees. If it's an older forest with no endangered species and there is alot of underbrush, which makes the risk of forest fires rise dramatically, it makes more since to cut down the older trees and thin out the forest rather than wait for lightning to strike and the whole thing burn down, taking homes with it. If you just want to be green there are plenty brands of toilet paper made from recycled paper. Guess it's just personal preference.
Good info!

Back