Highway Pegs

Just purchased the highway pegs off Satan666 (Richard Tucker). My knees can't wait!!! Anyone have these and how do you like them?

I've got them on my 08 FZ1 and absolutely love them. You don't even notice them when they are folded up. After a few rides you can easily unfold them with your foot while going down the road. Sometimes if Im using them and have to downshift for a stop, I wont even take my right foot off the highway peg, Ill just move the left foot back, downshift, put my foot down and stop. When I take off I move my foot right back to the highway peg. My favorite thing though, is the fact that I can rest my heals on the outer end of the pegs and splay my legs out so the air flows completely around my legs. This feels great when riding in the summer.
Im putting on some barback risers which will raise my bars up 1 inch and back 1 inch. I think this will make the bike even more comfortable when using the highway pegs. I also got a set of FZ6 peg pads which are about 1/2 inch lower than the stock FZ1 foot pads. I know its only half an inch, but every little bit helps in the comfort department. I read lots of comments from guys that don't agree with raising the bars and/or using highway pegs on an FZ1, but it suits me just fine! I'm 37 years old and comfort is far more important to me than gong fast through the twisty bits. The only other change left for me to make will be a Top Saddelry Seat (but its gonna have to wait a bit, can't afford one yet!).
I think you will realy enjoy your new pegs, they add lots of versatility to being able to stretch out and move around on the seat to relieve the host spots. Be sure to post a follow up of how you like them!

I've got them on my 08 FZ1 and absolutely love them. You don't even notice them when they are folded up. After a few rides you can easily unfold them with your foot while going down the road. Sometimes if Im using them and have to downshift for a stop, I wont even take my right foot off the highway peg, Ill just move the left foot back, downshift, put my foot down and stop. When I take off I move my foot right back to the highway peg. My favorite thing though, is the fact that I can rest my heals on the outer end of the pegs and splay my legs out so the air flows completely around my legs. This feels great when riding in the summer.
Im putting on some barback risers which will raise my bars up 1 inch and back 1 inch. I think this will make the bike even more comfortable when using the highway pegs. I also got a set of FZ6 peg pads which are about 1/2 inch lower than the stock FZ1 foot pads. I know its only half an inch, but every little bit helps in the comfort department. I read lots of comments from guys that don't agree with raising the bars and/or using highway pegs on an FZ1, but it suits me just fine! I'm 37 years old and comfort is far more important to me than gong fast through the twisty bits. The only other change left for me to make will be a Top Saddelry Seat (but its gonna have to wait a bit, can't afford one yet!).
I think you will realy enjoy your new pegs, they add lots of versatility to being able to stretch out and move around on the seat to relieve the host spots. Be sure to post a follow up of how you like them!
Yes. They are cetainly comfortable. I use them alot. Wished I'd got em long time ago.. the idea of the footpegs cushions is a good one I'll look in to that thnks, bsly

Like NJFZ1 said, the pegs for current model FZ6 are dentical to the pegs on the current model FZ1s, the only diference being the thickness of the rubber pad. I like the slightly more comfortable riding position of the 1st Gen FZ1, and you can get a Gen II pretty close to that using the FZ6 foot pads and some risers (or new bars).

I went to my local Stealer to price the FZ6 foot pads and it went like this...
Sales guy: "They are $29.00"
Me: "For the pair?"
Sales guy: "No, each"
Me: "That's ridiculous, thanks for looking, but no thanks"
I came home, got online and did a little searching. Found the factory new FZ6 rubber pads for $8.29 each at Parts Shark.
Part Number: 3YX-27413-00-00
Description: COVER,FOOTREST for 2007 YAMAHA Yamaha

I like to try to keep business local whenever possible, but when they are trying to screw customers with prices like that, it tends to make me a bit agitated!

Harra, just to make sure I didnt cause any confusion, the FZ6 foot pads are for the primary FZ1 foot pegs, not for the highway pegs.

Last edited:
konisko, the highway pegs are custom made by a guy who goes by the screen name Satan666 on another FZ1 forum. They are R1 passenger pegs mated to custom cut aluminum mounting blocks which bolt to the front of the engine. He even drills out the mounting bolts so that if you would wipe out, the highway peg mounting bolt will snap off. See the link below

haileyan you can see pics at this link also.

GENII Highway Pegs - R1 Conversion - FZ1OA Message Board

There was a recent post on this forum that I had pictures in and was already linked to the other forum, but for the life of me I couldnt find it! lol

I really like the idea of using the FZ6 pads. Right now I'm looking for ways to get a little more legroom without losing too much ground clearance. I'd also love to avoid spending the $500 for either new rearsets or a new seat if possible (at least until after I get a pipe for it).

Anyone done the FZ6 pad switch on a Gen1? If so, which year did you use? Thanks!

Another happy Gen II HWY Peg owner.:) These are fabricated by Satan666 and still available (I believe). They cost $115 with paint and shipping.
The pegs are well engineered with quality manufacturing. I really like the minimalist appearance and, of course, the extra foot and leg position they provide. I highway recommend them.

Last edited:
I really like the idea of using the FZ6 pads. Right now I'm looking for ways to get a little more legroom without losing too much ground clearance. I'd also love to avoid spending the $500 for either new rearsets or a new seat if possible (at least until after I get a pipe for it).

Anyone done the FZ6 pad switch on a Gen1? If so, which year did you use? Thanks!

Well I am doing the FZ6 pads on a Gen II, but I don't see why they wouldn't work on a Gen I. I ordered them for an '07 FZ6.

Is this mod avail. on Gen 1's? (Highway Pegs)

Take a look at the attached picture. I would think that all you need are some steel plates that you can attach to the two frame bolts that are circled. Then, you can just mount some folding pegs onto the steel plates. I don't know of anyone making a bolt-on kit like they have for the Gen II so you would need to fabricate the mounting plates yourself.

Satan666 did a first class job on these. They go on easy and look great. I just wish I could try them again. Only got to try them for a short run and they were great.

yeah, bought a set and they work perfectly for me when I stress a knee or whatever from jogging. I only pop them on when I need them, but they kept me riding through a couple injuries.

Back