How do you guys feel about this?

GoHot > I like it much better when you type in regular / uncolored text....

If I was in this situation... I'd take the video and go to court. The motorcycle guy was in the wrong, and should have been ticketed... but an off duty cop, in his personal car, who shows all gun and no badge would be a civilian before I left the court room.

Was the cop that pulled the gun in front of him right at the beginning of the video? The bike pulls to the right lane and then pulls the wheelie. I think the cop saw him do that and then called for back up.

Still pulling the gun was uncalled for.

Also right at the end when he is getting off he looks over his shoulder. Wonder if the cop had a speaker and was telling him to pull over.

Without audio there is no way to know "the rest of the story"

I look at the way the cop notices the other cops and looks like he trys to hide the gun or make it look like it is still in his holster. Over all i think you should never pull a gun without id. if it were me I would of dropped the clutch and thrown the bike at him. Then told the police he had been threatining me inwitch made me speed.

the situation was non threatening, no weapon necessary. He wasn't a cop, just some nutter, or possibly a nutter cop.

yeah he was obviously thinking the rider was going to take off

I think the rider heard the nutter's horn, as he looked behind him, then appeared to get all scared. Must be a newb, as everyone else would roll on, going for a wheelie just to be on the safe side. lol

more of the same

Snofrog: I fundamentally disagree with the premise of this video. The video paints all cops with the same broad brush.

Policemen and women are hired from the same population as lawbreakers. With approximately 700,000 police in America, one should expect, not all police hires are up to the job. Furthermore, bad cops often get busted by their own.

While I certainly don't condone police violence w/o cause, I believe our Police force and National Guard stand between civil society and anarchy. Once again, prosecute a bad cop to the letter of the law, but understand the majority of police men and women are good, courageous citizens who truly want to protect and serve.
BTW: I admit I didn't watch the complete video.

Last edited:
Snofrog: I fundamentally disagree with the premise of this video. The video paints all cops with the same broad brush.

Policemen and women are hired from the same population as lawbreakers. With approximately 700,000 police in America, one should expect, not all police hires are up to the job. Furthermore, bad cops often get busted by their own.

While I certainly don't condone police violence w/o cause, I believe our Police force and National Guard stand between civil society and anarchy. Once again, prosecute a bad cop to the letter of the law, but understand the majority of police men and women are good, courageous citizens who truly want to protect and serve.
BTW: I admit I didn't watch the complete video.

I agree the majority are good , however . would you want to ride in a car where a majority of the tires held air ? would you want to ride a motorcycle where the majority of the pistons worked . would you like to go on an airplane ride where the majority of people survived ?
as far as painting with a big brush . in any one of the dozen or so instances the cops had the ability to do what is right and chose not to . please watch the whole thing and get back to me . every one of them it seems was dealing with contempt of cop syndrome or is just an asshole with a chip.
as far as turning in thair own . hahaha
but most important I will agree that the majority are there for honorable and just causes . if we as a poulation only dealt with the majority it wouldn`t even be an issue .

from the way it looks, it was way overdone - bad reaction - stupid move on an unmarked (until he found out differently later) regular person with a damn gun to scare the rider... I would have taken steps in court to have his actions reviewed and reprimanded for. However, if the m/c would have drawn a gun, he might've been very dead before he touched it - bad cop was ready for some kind of crazy confrontation -he expected there would be a problem....? My guess is the reckless driving by the bus that was observed... but drawing a gun like that for that kind of thing is a bit much! :shoot:

Unless there was some other cause?

I agree the majority are good , however . would you want to ride in a car where a majority of the tires held air ? would you want to ride a motorcycle where the majority of the pistons worked . would you like to go on an airplane ride where the majority of people survived ?
as far as painting with a big brush . in any one of the dozen or so instances the cops had the ability to do what is right and chose not to . please watch the whole thing and get back to me . every one of them it seems was dealing with contempt of cop syndrome or is just an asshole with a chip.
as far as turning in thair own . hahaha
but most important I will agree that the majority are there for honorable and just causes . if we as a poulation only dealt with the majority it wouldn`t even be an issue .

I'm sorry. . . I deleted my response two or three times to this, just so I wouldn't get banned from the boards. :ban:

But, this I will say; Snofrog, if you believe this, you're an idiot. Plain out and simple.

What's next, calling the Military the largest Clan in the world?

I'm sorry. . . I deleted my response two or three times to this, just so I wouldn't get banned from the boards. :ban:

But, this I will say; Snofrog, if you believe this, you're an idiot. Plain out and simple.

What's next, calling the Military the largest Clan in the world?

how Ironic as we are talking about unjustified personal attacks

cops are people. people sometimes let their emotions get the best of them. that's human nature. some just have chips on their shoulders. i'm not saying use of excessive force is right. i'm not saying what some police do or have done is justified, but you can't generalize and have it out for all cops. there are good cops, and there are bad cops, just like any other profession. so chill out and be friends.:cheers:

This isn't going to end well
Snofrog: you must have realized when you posted that video you were going to take some flak. Right? I'm going to agree to disagree with you and end it right here; at least for me. Be well. :deadhorse:

This isn't going to end well
Snofrog: you must have realized when you posted that video you were going to take some flak. Right? I'm going to agree to disagree with you and end it right here; at least for me. Be well. :deadhorse:

lol why wouldnt it end well ? the op`s video shows a cop (?) going way overboard for the situation correct ? fore the video I posted I wrote " more of the same " it was implied that all police were being painted with the same brush and I said " the majority are good " . not seeing it :lurking:

cops are people. people sometimes let their emotions get the best of them. that's human nature. some just have chips on their shoulders. i'm not saying use of excessive force is right. i'm not saying what some police do or have done is justified, but you can't generalize and have it out for all cops. there are good cops, and there are bad cops, just like any other profession. so chill out and be friends.:cheers:

I dont have a thing against them and several are family to me :cheers: I`ve never beent to jail or even had a run in with the law other than peformance awards

Distinctions

the op`s video shows a cop (?) going way overboard for the situation correct ?

And then you posted, "More of the same"

There's an enormous difference between what you posted-"The largest Gang in America" showing policemen using unwarranted, criminal violence and our policeman (?) perhaps using unwarranted procedure. For all we know this policeman (?) was following a lead for an armed and dangerous criminal on a motorcycle the same color. That's the point-you just don't know and posted-"more of the same". No-not the same-quite different.

And then you posted, "More of the same"

There's an enormous difference between what you posted-"The largest Gang in America" showing policemen using unwarranted, criminal violence and our policeman (?) perhaps using unwarranted procedure. For all we know this policeman (?) was following a lead for an armed and dangerous criminal on a motorcycle the same color. That's the point-you just don't know and posted-"more of the same". No-not the same-quite different.

then we can agree to dissagree . this one is in my back yard so-to-speak
perhaps you can convince Mike McCloskey. unarmed and shot in the back while stopped for the police . that being paralized is what he deserved or that he deserved to be left there on the ground while his hot pipe was burning a hole in his leg .The Newsmeister: Biker Allegedly Shot in Back by Ottawa Hills Cop Paralyzed and Burned; Files Law Suit

Biker Allegedly Shot in Back by Ottawa Hills Cop Paralyzed and Burned; Files Law Suit & OHPD Responds | SwampBubbles - News, Politics, Reports

I have a few friends that are cops and are passionate about what they do. I have met a few that were jerks usually when I did something wrong. :)

Bottom line is that I AM the person they are out there protecting. I truly believe that. If I ever have any real problem with one I will be all "yes sir" and "no sir" until I get my day in court.

I have yet to be bothered by a police officer at all except when I have been doing something wrong. Unlike most people in the "me" generation I own up to my mistakes and don't blame everyone else.

Now security guards on the other hand can be d-bags......

In the video in the OP there really is not enough info. For all I know 2 secs before the video started he may have caused a wreck with a school bus full of children. Who knows?

Back