How many miles to a tank

I thought the whole thing for the PCIII was to have the ability to \"change options\" to either increase performance based on what the final goal was?

Just had to have a computer to do it??

Adam

Yes, but the money I have to put out vs what you put out for jets? I'll never see that for an MPG gain... Has anyone else on the GEN II?

Thanks for all your figures on range of tanks.

looks like its must be part of the character of owning a fz 1, and looks like i will be getting to see more of the nice girl behind the counter at the petrol station(bonus):)

Yes, but the money I have to put out vs what you put out for jets? I'll never see that for an MPG gain... Has anyone else on the GEN II?

I think if you install the Ignition Module with the PC III then some mileage gains may be possible. So far the Ignition Module is only available for Harley's with the new PC V. However, I think it will only be a matter of time before it's released for other makes. I should be getting my PC V this week and hope to install it on Saturday or Sunday. Let's just pray for good weather. I am tired of all this rain!!!

I think I see the difference..
The guys getting 100-ish are on "FZ1 N" I assume "N" stands for Nekkid.. and they are all from "Over the pond" from here.. (USA) thus could be a bike we dont get over here,,, yet

Just guessing

I think I see the difference..
The guys getting 100-ish are on \"FZ1 N\" I assume \"N\" stands for Nekkid.. and they are all from \"Over the pond\" from here.. (USA) thus could be a bike we dont get over here,,, yet

Just guessing

If you're referring to my comment above RE: 115 mpg? That was a joke. ;) That was in reference to my avatar where, after doing the AIS and LARS on Sat, I went out on my daughter's C3 scooter and did some (attempted) knee dragging. :Rockon:

If you're referring to my comment above RE: 115 mpg? That was a joke. ;) That was in reference to my avatar where, after doing the AIS and LARS on Sat, I went out on my daughter's C3 scooter and did some (attempted) knee dragging. :Rockon:

Nope.. I got to the bottom of the page (page one) and thought.. hey. I will chime in here.. I hit "Post" and went... Oh, crap,, there are two more pages I did not read..

My bad, ops :stunta]:

Just running it in hey. The motor will be tight and will run slightly off....it will come to you around 500 - 600 miles. I can get 140 miles out of a tank...but generally don't as I'm on the gas most of the time.:D

Then there has definitely gotta be a difference in tank size between Gen1's and Gen2's for sure.

Gen 1 - 21 ltr
Gen 2 - 18 ltr

My gen 1 seemed to run forever on a tank full of petrol but the gen2 with it's smaller tank feels like it needs filling up all the time.
Mind you, it could be something to do with the fact that I can't stop riding this great bike since getting her .:)

Gen 1 - 21 ltr
Gen 2 - 18 ltr

My gen 1 seemed to run forever on a tank full of petrol but the gen2 with it's smaller tank feels like it needs filling up all the time.
Mind you, it could be something to do with the fact that I can't stop riding this great bike since getting her .:)

AMEN! :D Looking down at the cluster.... "What? Another 125 miles gone?" :Rockon:

Still, did Yamaha really have to put that airbox cowling on? Why didn't that become added tank space? And the giant airbox. The gas tank is more like a turtle shell over the airbox....

AMEN! :D Looking down at the cluster.... \"What? Another 125 miles gone?\" :Rockon:

Still, did Yamaha really have to put that airbox cowling on? Why didn't that become added tank space? And the giant airbox. The gas tank is more like a turtle shell over the airbox....

Gas is heavy.. They wanted to keep the dry weight down.. :confused0024:

100 miles from a tanks pretty crap:embarrased:

I could get 130 from my 03 Fireblade

tank range is one of the reasons i shied away from Ktms excellent superduke.

Shall i still phone the dealer to order my bike 2moro hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Eric, that day I got 42 MPG and was all giddy. Went back to 40 on the next tank. I think, the way I normally ride, I'll be good for 38-39 MPG. Sucks compared to the 6 but man can this baby move. This morning got on the on-ramp to 495 and a late model Mustang thought he'd hit the accelerator and lose me. He was a blur in my mirror and and the speedometer read 114...indicated, which for the LEO's reading this is an actual 65 MPH.

I love the escape velocity!

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." ~Dr. Emmett Brown

Eric, that day I got 42 MPG and was all giddy. Went back to 40 on the next tank. I think, the way I normally ride, I'll be good for 38-39 MPG. Sucks compared to the 6 but man can this baby move. This morning got on the on-ramp to 495 and a late model Mustang thought he'd hit the accelerator and lose me. He was a blur in my mirror and and the speedometer read 114...indicated, which for the LEO's reading this is an actual 65 MPH.

Or you could just get a speedo-healer and set it to have such a whack reading that your excuse could be --

"sir, the speedometer only showed me going 65. Have your calibrated you radar lately??"

.....probably land you in the pokey....:gagged:

My bike goes about 145 miles until the f trip starts flashing, and i average about 40 mpg. The first bar doesnt go off untill at least 40 miles for me.

I got my '08 new this year and my first couple tanks were real low, under 100.
Then the gas mileage has gotten progressively better. Depending on how I ride I get between 35 and 40. My buddies '03 GSXR 1000 gets between 40 and 45 depending on how he rides, what's up with that :)

Nothing like the look on his face as the FZ1 is keeping up with his stack :yes:

Back