How many miles to a tank

No leaking with mine. However, it is in the garage and I never take it on errands, meaning, it has never set in a parking lot anywhere. So never in direct sunlight unless on my loops. Don't think it leaks on the road. Kinda sounds strange with the above (not running errands with the bike), but all I can say is that unless this bike is on the twists, it's boring to me.

Just me, as the last bike was a WR and I ran that thing on fireroads everyday. Prior street bikes I did the slab thing. Anyway, WR on mountain/cliff/nasty fireroads set me up, psychologically, for the FZ in the twists upon moving to the city.

I know you guys have some serious dirt bike fireroads over there. You know what I'm talking about. I was up in the Trinity Alps, far N, in CA.

A really simple test to find out what your bikes fuel consumption is on the highway and around town would be go to a fuel station and fill up. Choose your direction and travel in that direction for 10ks or 6 miles... Turn around and head back and refill the tank and times you fuel consumed by 5 (1.25ltrs X 5 = 6.25 ltrs, 1.65 gallons, per 100ks or 60 miles)

It's a lot easier to do the test then asking everyone else and getting an approximate. Every ones bike is different and everyone has a different riding style. Something we all already know I think.

I haven't done the test because I think I'm going to be disappointed. I know my highway KS two up is between the 8-9 ltrs per 100ks. One up would be between 10-11 per 100ks I think. I've hit 12ltrs before after 120ks riding.
The best I've done would be just over 6 ltrs at around 90ks

But F*#K I had some fun.............)=-P

I posted earlier. While every tank is somewhat different, I'm averaging 147-50 miles per tank. This is mostly rural roads and twisties, but I'm not really honking on the twisties, but am riding hot and cold there. I believe if I put my mind to it and had a (throtlemeister) or some type of cruise control, accelerated softly, hit sixth asap, I could likely squeeze 170-75 out of a tank. I'll admit this all happens (fill-ups) when I hit the Yellow light, and not more than 4-5 miles thereafter or immediatly upon it coming on.

Good mileage here

Just drove 126 mile low fuel light popped on. Filled it with 2.7 gals. Thats something like 46.7 mpg. Not bad and I did spank the throttle it for almost half of those miles too.

i suppose it would be good to know though - for a long road trip... otherwise, I don't see why it's wrong to compare notes - mpg is a good way to tell if there's something wrong with any engine, would you agree?:confused0024:

but for 90% of my riding - I really don't want to know - it's not going to change the way I roll it on now and then...:stunta]: and riding for me is absolutely PRICELESS!

Annuit Coeptis Festino - May God Smile Upon Those Who Go Fast! :)

Last edited:
Agreed

i suppose it would be good to know though - for a long road trip... otherwise, I don't see why it's wrong to compare notes - mpg is a good way to tell if there's something wrong with any engine, would you agree?:confused0024:

Annuit Coeptis Festino - May God Smile Upon Those Who Go Fast! :)

Oh don't get me wrong, comparing notes is what the forum is all about. On that note...on Sunday I put 213km on the bike before hitting "F-Trip" then another 15 km to the fuel stop. A total of 228 km. My reciept in front of me says I put in 14.56 L. This is 6.39 L/100km. This is 36.81 Mpg (US)

This was about 50/50 city to hwy and playing on backroads (cautiously)

Lots of cops out giving presents

Lets just say that with the number of cops giving out tickets in my area is contributing to higher mpg values. I don't typically go wild on driving anyways but on a 55/60/70 mph road, I figure somewhere between 5 to 15 over is not too bad. Some of the RPM numbers I am reading on this forum must certainly be in lower gears cuz if I am going 70 mph, I am only seeing like 4500 to 4700 RPMs.

Our city also has quite a few motorcycle cops that are starting to get out now that the weather is getting better, they seem to drive Honda ST1300's, they used to drive Harleys but they have switched to the Honda's.

Last edited:
Very interesting read on the mpg's. I'm not expecting miracles. I'm used to driving the warrior which with my heavy hand barely got 110 miles before the reserve light came on.

As long as I can get close to the same on a tank I won't be complaining. Two trips to work and back should do it.

i just got my brand spanker on thursday, i have filled up twice, approx 17 litres a time and i've done 240 miles and the f trip just started flashing.

i have noticed though that the sensor seems really sensitive in comparison to my old fazer 600, even when its full as soon as it goes on the sidestand the f trip starts flashing.

fooking awesome bike though, wish i'd got it ages ago!!

it is possible to only get 90 odd miles I have done it on my travels to work and back I got between 90 -110 needless to say I revved it abit plus its only 4 miles each way.

I tend to get about 160-180 miles per tank.

Of course my commute is about 34 miles on way, and I spend most of the time going 60-80 and slower when there is traffic and I have to lane share.

I tend to be cruising at one speed the entire time and rarely rev it up past 8500.

Back