Installation of Integrated Tail Light

Can anyone take a photo and show me where the blinker relay is under the seat? I feel like an idiot. I cannot figure it out.

** EDIT ** Never mind. I found it. the relay module resolved my issues. Now I may just go ahead and wire those pod mods back in.

Last edited:
Nice write-up. I've been considering this type of rear light setup for a couple years but my main concern was the ability of people behind me, during the day, to differentiate the turn signals from the brake light. They sure have come down in price since 2008 when they were well over $100 each. I think I'll have to sprout for one. I wish the damned weather would warm up, I've been working in the garage the past few days on another bike project and it's been about 35 degrees and I hate trying to work with wires when I have glove one, even if they are only light, brown, cotton ones so I end up running into the house every ten minutes to thaw my hands out.

I follow the same procedure the first time, a long time to get the plastic back, and the second time I learned that you can remove or replace the brake light taking only the seat bottom cover

Walk thru saved me a ton of time. i had the tail apart and the new tail light installed and wire in under 45 minutes. This is a great thread, Thanks!

awesome write up! Does anybody know what is supposed to go under the strap in front of the taillight I never could figure that out.

I just installed mine love it much brighter with all the LED's in spite of the smoked lens.I will not add a resistor as I think the faster flash rate grabs attention better

Brad, thanks for the awesome write up. The pics and detailed steps made the installation a breeze. Couldn't of been easier unless you did it for me. Don

Thanks again to you. I ordered a taillight from another rider friday and got it in yesterday. With this post I was able to have it disassembled and replaced in less than an hour. That's including the time that the wife was nagging and the kids were whining, lol.

Back