Installation of Integrated Tail Light

Awesome! Great write up Brad. Thanks!! :tup:

I know what you mean about pulling and placing the tail section. If you don't start where you did, it will just no go without damage!

I am talking shipped prices. Lets see some video to see how those work. Mine looks exactly the same as yours. Cheapest I could find is $30 shipped :O - man prices have gone low like those levers. This one has video but it functions differently than what you and me have:

06-07 Yamaha FZ1 Integrated LED Tail Light Taillight - eBay (item 290454247388 end time Jan-10-11 06:39:38 PST)

Yeah, I was just afraid of that one for $19.99. Something about it just looked cheap.

Pricier at $53.99? I looked at all of the ones available on eBay for the FZ1. Prices vary from $19.99 to $129. Price is never my only factor. I would not buy any of the ones that did not have lighting demos posted. Of the ones that did have demos I thought (at least by looking online) that this one by far had the clearest lighting for the turn signals. I do not know how else to describe it other than the turn signals looked much more visible to me that the others I saw. I did shoot a few e-mails back and forth with this vendor and he was very responsive which I appreciated. He got my business. ;)

Service does count for something. :+1:

Just a quick public service announcement here, friends don't let friends halfa#s an installation. I spent the whole day yesterday fixing a sloppy tail light install, unbelievable what some people will slap together. Hail's install is the right way to do it for sure, if you're not going to do it right don't freaking do it! sorry for the hijack :hi jack:

Just a quick public service announcement here, friends don't let friends halfa#s an installation. I spent the whole day yesterday fixing a sloppy tail light install, unbelievable what some people will slap together. Hail's install is the right way to do it for sure, if you're not going to do it right don't freaking do it! sorry for the hijack :hi jack:

Thanks!

There is, however, one thing I think I will change. I want to add some connections so that I can quick disconnect the lights when I need to take the tail section off. There are connectors in the OE wire harness for the turn signals (which I did not remove) but they are very difficult to get to. It would be nice to be able to quickly disconnect them right there by the light plug.

Back