Ivan's ECU Flash

Trying to get my head around this. If the restrictions are removed, why is there no appreciable gain in the low/mid range on the dyno charts? Looked up Healtech with their dyno charts and they show the difference

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/ht_xtre_dyno_charts_en.swf

Can you point out where my logic is wrong?

I`m just guessing here but I would think that the 600 cc bike you linked has a lot less removed from the bottom as it has a lot less to begin with . I could be wrong . as soon as Ivan posts his numbers for my 1,000 , I will be happy to look at them , evaluate them and decide if it is for me. until then ...

Trying to get my head around this. If the restrictions are removed, why is there no appreciable gain in the low/mid range on the dyno charts? Looked up Healtech with their dyno charts and they show the difference

Blanchy. The restrictions only limit gears 1 to 3. Dyno pulls are performed using top gear. So all previous logged dyno runs show results as such. If Ivan were to do pulls in those gears and compare you wouls see a increase but the numbers really are not as accurate in the lower gears.

Sorry misunderstood what you were looking at. Please consider that is a chart for a 07 zx6r (I have one). The only way that bike will ever gain any real low and mid range power would be to throw a ZX10 engine in it. That bike is meant to live above 10,000 rpm. The FZ's power plant will have much bigger gains in comparison. Shes a 1000 cc lump thats be restricted to make her more managable. Why the restrict the ZX6r I'll never know. I bet my Hawk whould initially beat it in a top gear roll on.

Last edited:

Few years ago Ivan posted charts showing the restrictions in the lower gears. Dont quote me on these numbers but it was something like 108hp for 1st, 114hp for second and 118hp for 3rd... with the top gears at 126hp
I'm just guessing at the numbers and trying to go from memory. ( the charts are posted on the other FZ1 site try the search feature )

I'm sure at some point after he's got the flash fine tuned he will post new dyno charts showing the gains in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.

Ivan ALWAYS documents his work with dyno charts.

Everyone needs to relax and wait a bit. Ivan is just starting to fool with this and the results are coming. Rest assured Ivan will show ALL the results when he's done.

Last edited:
Just for comparison. Here's his chart for the "full package." I'm sure he is using an upper unrestricted gear for the tests. Note the additional 30hp (over stock in previous chart) at around 7.5K. Results with his flash should be a bit better with no lower gear restrictions(of course, still need intake mods, full yosh, and likely a Power Commander) This is what a liter bike power curve should look like!

Last edited:
Triumph offers ECU access for free, you can mod everything in the ecu, program is free and a connection cable is cheap to buy.

Anyway you must know what you are doing ;). I really do not understand why Yamaha does not offer this, only they want to sell the new model and prevent people from flashing older ones? I think this will result in unsatisfied customers buying other brands. On the other hand beside Triumph I know no other brand providing easy access to the ECU.

Triumph offers ECU access for free, you can mod everything in the ecu, program is free and a connection cable is cheap to buy.

Anyway you must know what you are doing ;). I really do not understand why Yamaha does not offer this, only they want to sell the new model and prevent people from flashing older ones? I think this will result in unsatisfied customers buying other brands. On the other hand beside Triumph I know no other brand providing easy access to the ECU.

triumph, ktm, suzuki, aprilia ;) there's quite a few actually.

and ivan stopped his research unfortunately is why i'm sad.

Lots of guys on the R6 forum are using this company. For the R6 there is a connector with software that allows you to make changes and reflash the ECU at will. I know they refash the Gen II but not sure if they have the harness for the gen II ecu.

2006-2009 FZ1 | | Flash-Tune Inc

Sounds like an option but I don't see that is does a whole lot, certainly not close to what Ivan's does. If their list was longer maybe? ;)

I was checking out the Flash Tune website and have to say, if they live up to their claims its quite impressive. Now comes the fun part. I will research the hell out of it. I think a good place to start will be the R6 forum.

I was checking out the Flash Tune website and have to say, if they live up to their claims its quite impressive. Now comes the fun part. I will research the hell out of it. I think a good place to start will be the R6 forum.

Compare it to ECUnleashed and Ivan first. Both do FZ1 tables. Why would you research on the R6? :confused:

I am well aware of Ivan's flash and what he offers. I like the fact that Flash Tune does away with the PCV and has free reflashes for its customers if needed for upgrades. They also keep the 02 sensor connected. A plus in my eyes for cold weather drivability It's also about one third the price of others for its mail in service. Like I said earlier, do they live up to their claims? The R6 guys have been using this company for a while with good results that's why I want to check out their forum. I'm in no rush. My 2012 is still under warranty until next year so I will put off a reflash until then. This gives me plenty of time to research all the available options.

As of right now I am leaning in favor of Ivan and his flash. His track record and customer service is great. But I like to learn. If there are other options out there, I like to explore them.

Back