Liquid Performance Chain Lube Review

I tried it. I found a few old jars of pickles in the back of the fridge and I went outside straightaway and tried it. It didn't do anything but make the chain sticky.

I had to spend 10 minutes with WD-40 cleaning the chain off again

I tried it. I found a few old jars of pickles in the
HTML:
back of the fridge and I went outside straightaway and tried it. It didn't do anything but make the chain sticky.

I had to spend 10 minutes with WD-40 cleaning the chain off again
You didn't notice that was an april fools joke? Lol. :p

Hahahahaha!!!! It says on the bottom of the page : Published Date: April 1, 2011

I never trust anything published that day! ;) Damned funny though.

Nope. Please demonstrate!

It's very technical but it goes something like this:

pickle.jpg

The April 1 publish date gave it away for me.

If that didn't, that it was "submitted by ... visitor Cucumis Sativus" (scientific name for pickle) did

And if that didn't, it had a link to the Spiffy Spokes article, which was conveniently posted a prior April 1, and that has a link to the wikipedia April Fools Day entry.

I'm sure a whole bunch of people tried it, and I'm all for trying things, especially when it comes to using things that are already around the house for a different purpose.

I've tried Spectro's Z Clean Chain Lube. It works fantastic. It does not fling of at all. I have been using Bel Rays crystal clean chain lube and always had to clean my wheels and tail section after the first ride.

I've tried Spectro's Z Clean Chain Lube. It works fantastic. It does not fling of at all. I have been using Bel Rays crystal clean chain lube and always had to clean my wheels and tail section after the first ride.

Really, NO fling off at all - that sounds great. I've tried quite a few chain lubes over the years and although they all seem to say NO fling off, they all have to some extent and I am really tired of having to clean all that off the back end of the bikes.

The last one I tried was Maxima brand, I was gonna get chain WAX but someone convinced me how wonderful the chain GUARD works, - well chain Guard is terrible as far as the fling off, that stuff was everywhere and I even let it "setup " for almost two days before riding.

My biggest concern with chain lube is the fling off, - maybe I'll give the Spectro a try.

Back