Low-sided it!

Thanks guys! Already mounted up my 07 R1 forks, FZ1N light. Waiting to mount the calipers since the CBR spacers I got can work if I can remove the stuck washers from the calipers.

Will enjoy the naked experience till I find replacement parts.

With a statement like that I think you may have planned this. ;)

Take good photos of the fork conversion. I'm curious to hear what you think.

Glad things weren't any worse. I'm anxious to see some pics of the repairs/rebuild, etc. I'm always too chicken to take corners very hard for fear of gravel or sand, now potholes scare me too :embarrased:

One thing I know is that the springs are definitely stiffer - which maybe a good thing - less chances to run wider in corners.

Ok, will post a pic of the current state. Definitely need to JB-weld the tail.

Man when it's off-camber all bets are off. Don't go hard on yourself, it happens.

If you haven't check out the PACE idea of riding. Once your whole group subscribes to it the ride becomes much safer.

The Pace - Nick Ienatsch - Motorcyclist magazine

Motorcycle Riding Pacing Tips - Sport Rider

I follow the Pace, I am sure some of the older guys in the group do too. But not skimping on gear is where it is tough to convince them. I am sure they have seen the evidence now and many times before.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear misfortune crossed your path in the shape of a tarmac patch, but glad you're ok and unscathered. Good luck with the bike conversion....hope no one else this year joins our club of mishaps...and next year too for that matter:shine:

Thanks guys! Already mounted up my 07 R1 forks, FZ1N light. Waiting to mount the calipers since the CBR spacers I got can work if I can remove the stuck washers from the calipers.

Will enjoy the naked experience till I find replacement parts.

And........ where's the PICTURES!!!! :poke: :stirpot:

Patience is a virtue :D Pictures have to wait since wifey has barred me from entering the garage till our thanksgiving vacation is over.

Everything is mounted up with the exception of the calipers since the sleeves that go into the fork mount recesses are press-fitted in the calipers. Going to try a bit of heat on them tonite to see if they come loose.

Good to hear you r ok ,
What i see so much on the bikes here is the crap tyres that are on them , i have seen so many damaged bikes with the oem tyres fitted .
I can honestly say that i will not ride a bike without the best tyres i can afford and if that means they last 8000 kms so be it .Currently running Sportmax 2
The other thing is that they totally transform the bike into something that you can trust and if there is an issue you just push it down harder and get round the corner , cos the bike will allways outride its rider unless you are a real gun
Anyway good to see you are ok and bike is good also
All the best

Back