Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Tire

The problem is, once you've decided it's a "sales gimmick", you've categorized it as having zero value to anyone, and also pass judgment on anyone who chose to buy into it. That's where the logic disappears. There is no way on God's green earth a tire company, and now others, would invest the research into making dual-compound tires if there was absolutely no value to any of their customers. Perhaps the Pures are now what you'd call '2nd-generation'. Whatever... but since the tire obviously doesn't agree with your riding, it doesn't mean that the tire has no intrinsic or performance value to others.

My suggestion is, keep the judgment to how you have experience with it, and maybe shed light on how, where, why your failure took place. That's the way to help others with your experience.

Calling a technologic innovation "sales gimmick" doesn't help at all.

A sales gimmick is the application of orange paint into the tread voids in the tire as the "StormBringer" autobahn style-monster motorcycle (Kawasaki in formals) where looking at yourself in the mirror is what your after.
:yes:
....and he knows sales gimmiks! He once sold me a hamburger an hour after eating an omelet for breakfast.

I have BTO21U's on my 2010 C14. The 2009 C14 came with BTO 21's and that tire wore horribly on that bike for many riders including me. It was well publicized, which is why Bridgestone came out with the 21U's. The 21U's are awesome and I'm very happy with them. I've got over 5000 miles on them and they're wearing well and handling beautifully. I chose regular Michelin Power Pilots for my replacement tires on both my FZ6 and my FZ1 and were very satisfied with them. Each to their own. I hear that crazyjoe can fly like the wind. I'm not that type of rider but I can keep up with most of the "regularjoes" and the tires above have worked well for me. I'm up to about 50,000 miles on motorcycles now which I think is OK since I just got into this sport a few years ago. Riding through the winter has allowed me to put on about 12K miles a year.

I have BTO21U's on my 2010 C14. The 2009 C14 came with BTO 21's and that tire wore horribly on that bike for many riders including me. It was well publicized, which is why Bridgestone came out with the 21U's. The 21U's are awesome and I'm very happy with them. I've got over 5000 miles on them and they're wearing well and handling beautifully. I chose regular Michelin Power Pilots for my replacement tires on both my FZ6 and my FZ1 and were very satisfied with them. Each to their own. I hear that crazyjoe can fly like the wind. I'm not that type of rider but I can keep up with most of the "regularjoes" and the tires above have worked well for me. I'm up to about 50,000 miles on motorcycles now which I think is OK since I just got into this sport a few years ago. Riding through the winter has allowed me to put on about 12K miles a year.

I've never run the 021's but guys on different forums were raving about them on sport touring bikes. What is the difference between the "U" and the other one. Have they both been replaced by the 023? 5000 miles and pretty sticky would work well for many. I get 1500 miles out of any tire I put on my bike.

Those that are pushing the Power 2CT past it's limits at the track might want to have a look at the Bridgestone BT003 rs.

Awesome track tire. They will blue up a bit, but don't really seem to suffer from heat cycles, they squirm a bit, but it's always controlled, and they'll let you know just how far it is until they let go.

They have a very stiff carcass, so they need to be run at low pressures to get the heat happening, but they warm up pretty quickly, and have excellent feedback. If you like the BT016's for the track, you'll love the BT003's.

Sorry about the truly aweful phone pics. But after a day of commuting to work on the FZ6 after a track day, you can still get the idea of how sticky these get...

View attachment 4692

View attachment 4693

The Power Pures, suffer the same problem as the Power 2CT's in that they will let go without warning on occasion. And the Dunlops seem to take too long to warm up IMO.

Also the hard compound that has been narrowed on the Pure, misses the spot where your max acceleration will be out of the corner as you begin to stand the bike up, and you'll find (well I did) that you spoon out a trench in the tire, just next to the edge of the hard cap. On the Power 2CT there is an overlap at this point, that may just stop it happening (at least I've never seen anything like it on one of my riding buddy's Zthou, and he swears by the things.)

For the OP. All that said and done, I like to use BT016's for the street. Warm up fast, stick like stinky brown stuff to a blanket, and actually don't wear too badly. I go through a set every 4-6 weeks. Ask around a bit. You might wanna give them a try:).

I've never run the 021's but guys on different forums were raving about them on sport touring bikes. What is the difference between the "U" and the other one. Have they both been replaced by the 023? 5000 miles and pretty sticky would work well for many. I get 1500 miles out of any tire I put on my bike.

I don't think the 21's were a problem on other bikes. Somehow, the design of the C14 chewed up the 21's in an uneven wear pattern so that the handling became dangerous within a couple thousand miles. In one of the articles the author suggests the 21U was a product made to specifically accommodate that bike. I don't recall Joe what the exact difference was between the 21 and the 21U. I additionally don't know if both were superseded by the 23's. A review of the 23 I read felt it was a better tire than the 21's but I don't think they compared it to the 21U. The tire that all my sport touring buddies have been raving about is the Pirelli Angels.

I don't think the 21's were a problem on other bikes. Somehow, the design of the C14 chewed up the 21's in an uneven wear pattern so that the handling became dangerous within a couple thousand miles. In one of the articles the author suggests the 21U was a product made to specifically accommodate that bike. I don't recall Joe what the exact difference was between the 21 and the 21U. I additionally don't know if both were superseded by the 23's. A review of the 23 I read felt it was a better tire than the 21's but I don't think they compared it to the 21U. The tire that all my sport touring buddies have been raving about is the Pirelli Angels.

I did a little research and both the 23 and 21-U are different from the original 021 which they apparently still make. I know an X professional racer that swears by them on his 1200 GS and I put a pair on a friends Hayabusa and he went gaga. Everyone gets great mileage and good traction. What is easy to notice --- the tire have like twice the tread as anything I've ever put on my bike.

Those that are pushing the Power 2CT past it's limits at the track might want to have a look at the Bridgestone BT003 rs.

Awesome track tire. They will blue up a bit, but don't really seem to suffer from heat cycles, they squirm a bit, but it's always controlled, and they'll let you know just how far it is until they let go.

I will definitely try those. I have a new pair of 016's now that I got on sale last winter super cheap. I love the Corsa III's at the track but they just cost too much. I slid sideways with both wheels on a damp track and they hooked up and kept me upright.

I will definitely try those. I have a new pair of 016's now that I got on sale last winter super cheap. I love the Corsa III's at the track but they just cost too much. I slid sideways with both wheels on a damp track and they hooked up and kept me upright.

The bridgestone's are good for that kind of thing. They will squirm, and wiggle a bit, but when they hookup again it is smooth and easy. Makes you feel like you are almost worthy to clean doggydunnit of the bottom off of Mick Doohan's boots:eek5:.....lol.

If price is a big factor, I had a set of BT015's that were pretty spectacular too, and came in about $40au the pair cheaper than the other Bridgestones. (We pay around $500au the pair for reference). Might be worth asking about. On the down side, I only got 1500km/1000miles out of them, but it was a fun ride:yes:.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!
LOL - I just got back in town and my jaw dropped when I saw 5 pages of comments on my review. I guess I should say thank you for reading my post first of all :)
Secondly I will say I stand by every word I wrote. I have heard all the positive comments that you guys have heard and that was part of why I chose the 2CT.
I posted my review in the Product Review Section because I wanted to give a simple account of my experience with this product. These are actual problems that I have had with this tire and I'm not happy about it. The last time I slid all over the road was the last straw! I wanted to put my experiences out there for everyone to see so they can consider all the options before they buy a tire.
So I appreciate all the responses to my writing but I want to be clear: I'm not one bit interested in arguing over what actually happened to me.
This thread seems to be evolving into another direction so I will let you guys take it from here.

The bridgestone's are good for that kind of thing. They will squirm, and wiggle a bit, but when they hookup again it is smooth and easy. Makes you feel like you are almost worthy to clean doggydunnit of the bottom off of Mick Doohan's boots:eek5:.....lol.

If price is a big factor, I had a set of BT015's that were pretty spectacular too, and came in about $40au the pair cheaper than the other Bridgestones. (We pay around $500au the pair for reference). Might be worth asking about. On the down side, I only got 1500km/1000miles out of them, but it was a fun ride:yes:.

Thanks a bunch

What group do you ride with at Willow Springs?

Generally, it's not how fast you go around a turn but how fast you're trying to come out that makes the difference. Are you laying rubber down coming out of every corner? I mean a strip of black rubber.

I"m not trying to suggest that I know everything about riding --- I don't. I am only a Intermediate in NESBA. But, I have had friends warn me against running the 2CT's at the track. I did, however, buy a set for the street where I don't push quite as hard.

Intermediate or advanced, depends on the group I'm riding with.

Used to be an Expert class racer with the MRA for what that is worth.

If a person is laying down rudder coming out of every corner they aren't riding smartly and will trash their tires. When a rider does that the tire will "go away" quickly, any tire.

Take a look at turns 8 and 9 at Willow, then reread your post on rubber.

Again, proper air pressure, suspension set up and riding technique are the keys to tires working correctly.

Back