New member welcome thread...

Hello, PK1 here in Sydney with a 2010 FZ1. I've been riding for over 20 years and I'm still not bored with bikes...they just get better every year! Too many bikes - not enough time!! Must say that I love the FZ1....particularly the way it cuts through corners like a hot knife through butter. I love it.

Welcome PK, thanks for joining the group. There are many Aussies here on the site, and it's great to have another. Post a couple of shots of your ride so members can see what your riding.

Hi, my name is Andy.
I have a black 2007 fz1s, i have only had it 2 months and have changed it a lot already. Trouble is i cant keep anything standard so watch this space!

Hi Name is Jerry- 62yrs. young. Been harley guy last several. Going to buy new in spring. Keeping softail. So far FZ1 fits me best. Will I have any problem riding all day like i do my softail. I do stop every hr. as it is. Just so darn slow. ha ha. Looking forward to help and advice for new old FZ1 guy. I did buy a 1972 yamaha 650 brand new back 72.Rode it from Spokane to Glacier park. Was a cats meow at the time. Thnx in advance for help.

Hi Name is Jerry- 62yrs. young. Been harley guy last several. Going to buy new in spring. Keeping softail. So far FZ1 fits me best. Will I have any problem riding all day like i do my softail. I do stop every hr. as it is. Just so darn slow. ha ha. Looking forward to help and advice for new old FZ1 guy. I did buy a 1972 yamaha 650 brand new back 72.Rode it from Spokane to Glacier park. Was a cats meow at the time. Thnx in advance for help.

Welcome to the forum Jerry! You will likely no have any issues if you stop every hour. My only concerns for you might be the seat and knees. Seat is known to be harsh on long rides. Your knees will definitely be flexed much more than on the HD.

Hi, my name is Andy.
I have a black 2007 fz1s, i have only had it 2 months and have changed it a lot already. Trouble is i cant keep anything standard so watch this space!

A big Forum Welcome to both Andy and Jerry. It's great having some new members aboard. Post some shots of your rides. We are here to try and help with any questions you may have.

Thanks FZ1 rider NY. Have question maybe should be under gen discussion. I'm finding 2009-2010's and soon i 2011's. I guess because of economy. Other than color anything to be concerned about or just get the best deal on any year.(i take it probably an 09.)?

Thanks FZ1 rider NY. Have question maybe should be under gen discussion. I'm finding 2009-2010's and soon i 2011's. I guess because of economy. Other than color anything to be concerned about or just get the best deal on any year.(i take it probably an 09.)?

The '10 has a new 32 bit ECU that is said to provide better throttle response. The '06 (first year for GENII) there were some FI issues that can be corrected with a few hundred bucks and some elbow grease. Can't really go wrong with '07 and on though. Just get the best deal you can.

Thanks Hail. Any amount of mileage I should be concerned about if used?

We have folks with 100K that have taken great care of them. They are solid bikes. Of course you never know how well people have taken care of a bike. I would say get it checked at a shop if it is used before you buy. If they are not willing to let you do that move on to the next one. Best bet would be to find one for sale at a reputable shop.

Hi Name is Neil

Live is Sydney Australia,
Great place to ride a motorcycle pretty much year round.

Married with three kid two daughters and a son, love fishing and anything to do with motorcycles.(Big fan of Motogp)

I am in the final stages of purchasing a Graphite 2008 GENII FZ1S with a Two Brothers slip-on, Deal should be done by this Friday if I don't change my mind.

Had a short break from riding due to injury (20 Years), missed being on a bike pretty much every single day.

Most of my riding was done as a teenager on two strokes. We were lucky here in Australia in the early 80s, all the hot two strokes landed here, Yamaha RZ250,350,500 Suzuki RG250,500 Honda MVX250, NS400R and Kawasaki KR250. I was lucky enough to own a Suzuki RG250(very light bike) and Yamaha RZ250,RZ350 and the screaming V4 RZ500.

Had a Ride on the FZ1S last weekend, found it very comfortable with amazing acceleration.

I'll check back next week to let you all know how I got on with the FZ1S.

Cheers

Married with three kid two daughters and a son, love fishing and anything to do with motorcycles.(Big fan of Motogp)

I am in the final stages of purchasing a Graphite 2008 GENII FZ1S with a Two Brothers slip-on, Deal should be done by this Friday if I don't change my mind.

Had a short break from riding due to injury (20 Years), missed being on a bike pretty much every single day.

Most of my riding was done as a teenager on two strokes. We were lucky here in Australia in the early 80s, all the hot two strokes landed here, Yamaha RZ250,350,500 Suzuki RG250,500 Honda MVX250, NS400R and Kawasaki KR250. I was lucky enough to own a Suzuki RG250(very light bike) and Yamaha RZ250,RZ350 and the screaming V4 RZ500.

Had a Ride on the FZ1S last weekend, found it very comfortable with amazing acceleration.

Cheers

Way to go Neil, time to get back in the saddle again! Congrats on your future purchase. Post up some pics of the new ride when you get it. Also, throw up some pics of the older bikes if you have some as well!

Hi welcome Neil from up north of the planet. Enjoy the new ride. Get some crashprotectors on it first and start enjoying the bike....take your time to get familiar with the 4 stroke power on this literbike and you'll be enjoying it much more...

Cheers

Congrats! Good luck, and I hope the deal goes through. It sounds like an awesome bike! I just got my FZ1 (S... all the US has, but what I would have picked anyway) on Oct 1st (an 07 Colbalt Blue, the fastest color, from what I've heard here... :stirpot:)

I grew up on on/off road bikes in the late 70's and early 80's. I always wanted an RZ500! That was my dream bike, but I was never able to get one. Two-strokes are my favorite bike, but I'm learning to live in the post 2-stroke era and love :cloud9: the FZ1 and know if I need to squeeze a bit more out of her from stock, there's plenty to do to get it.

I also had a slight gap in my riding days (almost, but not quite 20 years) and I too missed it every day! :2cents:

Cheers :cheers: and I can't wait to see pics of your new baby! :sport12:

Hi all, from the small red dot country of singapore. Just got meself a nice grey '09 FZ1S. We've got both N n S version selling here like hot cakes. 2011 model just hit the shores. Hope to find n learn something from you guys all over the world.

Hi all, from the small red dot country of singapore. Just got meself a nice grey '09 FZ1S. We've got both N n S version selling here like hot cakes. 2011 model just hit the shores. Hope to find n learn something from you guys all over the world.

Welcome aboard Konspire! Plenty of good info and people on here so stick around ;)

Hello

Name is Jeff...live in Stockton, California. am 53, Married..kids grown..sort of....Have been riding since childhood. Current bikes are a 1976 XS750D (my mini bagger) and two 1979 XS11SF's (1 parts 1 runner) and my newest addition is a 2002 FZ1. My XS750 runs ok, but leaks a lot of oil, the XS11 was rearended this summer and all bent up. The thought of having both bikes apart and nothing to ride brought me to the FZ purchase. So far I really like it. Thanks in advance of all the great posts and info in the threads.

Sorry to not do this earlier, My name is sloppy and I joined about two weeks ago. I had been riding dirtbikes with my son for a few months and got my first street bike, an 07 FZ1. Glad to be a part of this forum already. It has been helpful.

Back