New member welcome thread...

Noob

What's up fellas. I'm new to the site as well as new to riding duals. I just bought a 01 FZ1, beautiful blue, so that I can commute to school without taking a gas nozzle up the tailpipe. I've got a lot of info from the posts and look forward to picking your brains for some tricks. I don't believe in paying someone to do something I can do myself. I don't mind doing some research and learning by bloody knuckles. Does anyone have some insight on replacing a fork seal?

FZ1 in Canada

Well, I've had my FZ1 for almost a month now and have been creeping around this site for about two - I must say there is enough great info here to keep me reading every day! I love it!
I just bought my used 2006 FZ1 with 10,000KM's on it and I gotta say I'm in l-o-v-e. She fires right up and runs smooth and strong, a perfect blend of power and comfort. I've previously owned a '92 Katana about 15 years ago but sold it when my son was born. I bought myself a 2007 Aprilia RXV4.5 last spring as a sort of "midlife crisis" ride thinking I'd get into the whole Supermoto scene but quickly realized I needed more speed! I sold the RXV last month and bought the FZ1. So far I have not been disappointed.
I'll post a few pictures of her and you can tell me what you think. I'm the third owner, the previous owner had her for a year and only put on a few miles but but the guy before that is the one that painted her all up in the black and gold colouring and did all of the mods #gold pegs, Ivan's kit, undertail and LED lighting etc. etc.#. I actually had my heart set on "liquid silver" but alas...very few to be found in Southwestern Ontario. I get plenty of compliments though!!
I'm looking forward to reading more and learning about this awesome machine, I've got some questions already but I'll let myself get introduced before I do that.
Thanks!!

Hi, my name is Andy
I ride a 2007 FZ1 Red in colour, live in Leicestershire England. Had the bike since April as other bike 1200 Bandit was written off.
Love the Bike..........

Hey my name is Myles I am 23 and live in Rapid City, SD which is in the black hills right by MT. Rushmore. I have been riding bikes since i was 10 and street bikes since i was 14. Just bought a 08 FZ1 custom painted. It has an integrated tail light and swingarm spools and a gold oil cap otherwise it is stock. I plan on getting the MIVV carbon gp or the two bros carbon slip on and do some other mods soon. If any of you come for the Sturgis Rally in august hit me up and we will get a ride going!!

Just baught an 08' FZ1...Love it!

Hey, I'm Tony and I just baught an awsome 08' Fz1 with full Euro conversion. My last bike was an 06' gixxer 1000. It was amazing also, but as some of you might know, when we get older, we don't bend over so easy:ugh: I seen this bike on our local craigslist and fell in love imediately. After the test ride, I knew I found my new love! The 110 mile ride home just reinforced those feelings! I'm looking forward to many great discussions on here.

New member: Which year to buy ?

Hi,

New member here. Just joined to learn about the FZ1.

I just got rid of my 02 R1 :shame: and I'm looking for something to replace it.

I am looking a several bikes. Questions:

Older steel tube frame or newer style box frame ? Heard they crack ?

Any other differences between say an 04 and a 09. Other than looks and the frame?

I'm looking at a 09 with 8000 miles and a few upgrades like exhaust for $6200 that a decent price ?

What up grades would you-all consider mandatory. ie. dont ride till do em.

Any you guys go from the R1 to the FZ1. Are you happy with the switch ?

Which color is faster ? :flash:

Thanks for any advise and info. I've done some reasearch but I like to hear it straight from the guys / girls riding the bike. I trust you-all better than some stupid review !!

Thanks.

Hi,

New member here. Just joined to learn about the FZ1.

I just got rid of my 02 R1 :shame: and I'm looking for something to replace it.

I am looking a several bikes. Questions:

Older steel tube frame or newer style box frame ? Heard they crack ?

Any other differences between say an 04 and a 09. Other than looks and the frame?

I'm looking at a 09 with 8000 miles and a few upgrades like exhaust for $6200 that a decent price ?

What up grades would you-all consider mandatory. ie. dont ride till do em.

Any you guys go from the R1 to the FZ1. Are you happy with the switch ?

Which color is faster ? :flash:

Thanks for any advise and info. I've done some reasearch but I like to hear it straight from the guys / girls riding the bike. I trust you-all better than some stupid review !!

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum...Gen I and Gen II FZ1 are somewhat different. Different frames, different styling, different engine. Gen II has a more sport oriented riding position and it's fuel injected, which is really nice ;)

As for the frame cracks...it was only an issue on a small percentage of '06 bikes so the '09 that you're looking at should be fine. As for the price it's a good starting price. With that mileage I would offer $5900 and see what happens.

No real "mandatory" upgrades needed for the '09.

TravelingLight.jpg

Hi folks, an FZ1 2003, since 2003 Yellow:) a bike rider for long time :)

This morning I sent a private message, thought I'd screwed up and sent another. (same member)

Neither have shown up in my sent mail? Is their a number count before pm's work

I've spent many hours reading this fine information forum, thanks to you each

Craig

Hi folks, an FZ1 2003, since 2003 Yellow:) a bike rider for long time :)

This morning I sent a private message, thought I'd screwed up and sent another. (same member)

Neither have shown up in my sent mail? Is their a number count before pm's work

I've spent many hours reading this fine information forum, thanks to you each

Craig

I changed your user settings so that your outgoing PM's would be saved... You did send me 2 PM's this morning... I responded.

Welcome to the site!

Opinions Matter!

Greetings from Hungary!

I'm a 4 month owner of a lava red 2008 FZS1.
The regular pleasure ride ranges from a 197 KM commute to Budapest for visiting the friends to a 7 hour ride from home in SE Hungary to Mariazell Austria.

Yes! a great ride!

I'm looking forward to reading all I can on various issues but I'm just hailing all for now.
ciao!

I just bought a 02 FZ1 with 3,008 miles on it. It's blue, only mods are a turn signal deleter (dos'nt work) and a light on the dash that turns on when the fan comes on (I don't know why I would need it). The bike has the original tires on it. Owner since June 9th and I put over 700 miles on it already! I am experienced with cycles I've owned a 95 Zx7, 01 Katana 600 and a 74 Iorn head. Im new to the forum thing though.

Back