***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

Impressive tomahawk ... I was with her when she bought it.

Think she'll get over it? :(

:hi jack: Is thread hijacking an artform here too? :popcorn:

Yes. But not as often. ;)

So, do you have any GPS routes saved for the guys? I think I lost almost all mine but I'll have to go through some archived data and see. My GPS got wiped with some troubleshooting from Garmin. :(

Not sure about anyone else, but I intend to spend at least one day with a trip to Cooter's In The Smokies. I gotta go see some Dukes Of Hazzard stuff!

Cooterstrip.jpg

Yes. But not as often. ;)

So, do you have any GPS routes saved for the guys? I think I lost almost all mine but I'll have to go through some archived data and see. My GPS got wiped with some troubleshooting from Garmin. :(

My Zumo got the "black screen of death" last spring and I sent it back to Garmin to be refurbished for $200. I got another unit back, not mine, and it was wiped clean. :(

What really hurt on that one was not all the routes that were in it, it was all my customer locations I need to see to do my job. Since I am a transplant here, learning the streets and locations is a tough job. I can't see doing my job without a GPS.

I use Mad Maps, the paper ones, the electronic versions suck big time and are a waste of money.

The main thing to remember to avoid aggressive LEO enforcement and traffic congestion is to get an early start to whatever destination planned for the day. On weekends, stay away from the "hot spots". Use those days for socialization and "entertainment value". It gets crazy and being a watcher is always more fun than being a participant.

Do any of you have an agenda of what and where you want to go?

Ok so me again. Been reading and I see that you once discussed allowing folks to tent camp at the house. If we chose to go that route, did you ever come up with a price for doing so? (just weighing my options at this point)

Ok so me again. Been reading and I see that you once discussed allowing folks to tent camp at the house. If we chose to go that route, did you ever come up with a price for doing so? (just weighing my options at this point)

http://www.998cc.org/forum/35662-post171.html is the post for that one. You'd have to contact Tony or Billy for payment at this time as they are in charge of the place. That was $30 per night to stay either in the house, if there is room or in the garage on the sofa/pullouts.

Or, for $166, you can have all 9 nights, 10 days. :D That one, you can please PM me for payment. Thanks!!

No not at all.

But, I want to note that if an individual shows up and pays more than $166 in nightly fees AND stays in the house, I'd like my refund please? That would be the same as taking my spot but not paying me. Thanks!

No not at all.

But, I want to note that if an individual shows up and pays more than $166 in nightly fees AND stays in the house, I'd like my refund please? That would be the same as taking my spot but not paying me. Thanks!

Oh most definitely Eric. As a matter of fact, anyone who stays that is not on our original list for however many days, that money will go to you at the end of the trip. 3 days at the house, you'll get 90 dollars coming to you. Thats just an example of course but don't worry as I will be keeping track of all this during the week.;)

Oh most definitely Eric. As a matter of fact, anyone who stays that is not on our original list for however many days, that money will go to you at the end of the trip. 3 days at the house, you'll get 90 dollars coming to you. Thats just an example of course but don't worry as I will be keeping track of all this during the week.;)

Thanks Billy! I know Joe is coming so I've sold one spot. The other, I'm still trying. I'm not sure if Norm is trying to sell his or not. I'm still advertising two spots and if I sell two, then I'll take a short ride and pay Norm in person. ;)

Still hoping someone will come join you all for this epic trip!

Thanks Billy! I know Joe is coming so I've sold one spot. The other, I'm still trying. I'm not sure if Norm is trying to sell his or not. I'm still advertising two spots and if I sell two, then I'll take a short ride and pay Norm in person. ;)

Still hoping someone will come join you all for this epic trip!

So, in a nutshell..... The house is now paid up with 7 people for the week. Thats 7 people sleeping indoors. I only have to collect from each person, the money for food shopping for the week. I'm thinking about 30 bucks per person should cover breakfast and dinner for the week. Lunch will, most days be had out on the road. Once I get there I will collect for food and head over in the car to do the shopping. Anyone else looking to stay indoors will pay either 166 bucks for the week or 30 dollars per night which will be reimbursed to Eric. If I'm missing anything please let me know. Thanks.

I dont mind the food pitch in. Niether will my pop. As far as cooking. I plan to do my very own Shrimp and scalop alfredo one eve. Its very good. Some of the stuff I will bring for it and some of it will be bought down there. Looking forward to this trip. All we have left to do is fit the wheel chocks on the trailer. and My list is done.

Trailer re-stained CHECK
Trailer Re-painted CHECK
Trailer Tires replaced plus added a spare CHECK
Truck new shocks CHECK
Truck new Brake pads CHECK
Truck new Tires CHECK.
Truck better gas milage NO CHECK

Back