Official 2014 Moto GP Discussion Thread-Do not come here if you haven't seen the Race

This is a place to discuss the 2014 Moto GP Season, this includes discussion of the most recent Moto GP, Moto 2 and Moto 3 races from the weekend.

If you have not watched the most recent race and do not want spoilers, please stay out until you have watched them.

This is a place where everyone can come and feel free to discuss any race from the 2014 season without worry that you might ruin the race for anyone else on the forum.

With this said I will not post any comment about the race until the First post. So here is a picture of the doctor just because:

moto-GP.jpg

Last edited:
What a crazy opening round!!!!

I was really bummed to see Jorge and so many others go down in that race.

The Doctor showed that he still has the skills and Marquez is the man for riding on a healing broken foot like that.

It almost seems like Jorge hit a sheet of glass on the track, his crash was so weird looking.

It almost seems like Jorge hit a sheet of glass on the track, his crash was so weird looking.

He said he made a mistake but I could not see what it was. I thought maybe there was sand blown in from the desert over there on the right hand side of the track where they start their turn in.

He said he made a mistake but I could not see what it was. I thought maybe there was sand blown in from the desert over there on the right hand side of the track where they start their turn in.

Sand would make sense because it certainly did not look like he turned in to fast or anything else what would be considered a mistake.

Especially because Bradl went down in the exact same spot, I think something was on the track.

They did say before the race that they recently had a sand storm.

Looked to me like too much brake while attempting to lean the bike over. The nose looked fully compressed.

Watching Rossi battle Marquez was very interesting. Rossi has the skills still, no doubt, but cajones like Mark? With age and injuries comes wisdom.

Cold tires, cold track, first lap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You've all heard about "Passing The Torch", but Marquez has yanked it out of their hands and will not give it back until he's good and ready! He's just amazing to watch. He seems to "tame" every track on the circuit and is relentless when he's running to the front. Very exciting indeed!

Looked to me like too much brake while attempting to lean the bike over. The nose looked fully compressed.

Watching Rossi battle Marquez was very interesting. Rossi has the skills still, no doubt, but cajones like Mark? With age and injuries comes wisdom.

Agreed, it is only a matter of time before Marquez pushes beyond the limits of the bike and goes down. Now whether that will stop him from the championship is another matter entirely.

Agreed, it is only a matter of time before Marquez pushes beyond the limits of the bike and goes down.

That was the hot topic during his rookie year and he proved everyone wrong. Should be interesting to see this year with a whole season of experience behind him

OK, that was some great racing. Lorenzo made a killer start from the second row to lead into the first turn. Nice! Did anyone else notice Rossi not take back the position from Bautista until he made a mistake. I'd be cautious around him too after last year. Anyway, Rossi went from 10th to battle for the win. I think it might be a VERY exciting year. Marc Marquez first pass on Rossi to retake the lead was aggressive. I thought they would surely hit the pavement, but the pass was made and off they rode.

That was the hot topic during his rookie year and he proved everyone wrong. Should be interesting to see this year with a whole season of experience behind him

Actually he did crash in his rookie year, he was fortunate and did not get hurt. Seeing how aggressive he is, he will most likely go down again this year, it just remains to see if he gets hurt or not, and if he does get hurt can he come back and race the very next week the way Lorenzo did.

Not only did he crash out one race, but he had a number of negative points on his license and was black flagged in Australia.

I am curious to see if he matures a bit this season.

Italy: Harsh lesson number one as Márquez crashes

Mugello was a tough weekend for the Repsol Honda rider and it ended in huge disappointment when he crashed out of the race while running in second. It was his first major – and costly – mistake in his rookie season, and while he bounced back at the next race in Catalonia with a podium the two races proved to be his hardest of the year.
MotoGP 2013: Marc Márquez's season in review - Photo | Red Bull Motorsports

I hope Josh Herrin has a clean race in Austin. He had moved from 27th to 14th in half a lap before he was taken out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back