PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

LOL I can't wait. I know this might sound like a lie, as I have said this before but this is literally it for this bike for a long time.

Suspension is going to be sweet, and then I am done.

LOL well at least the only thing left for me would be the PC3.. A whopping 270 bucks and then I would need an air filter, so another 60.

I don't have the need though, factory power is still tremendous.

LOL well at least the only thing left for me would be the PC3.. A whopping 270 bucks and then I would need an air filter, so another 60.

I don't have the need though, factory power is still tremendous.

And then you would want/need to do the flies and the FCE... And are you forgetting that Arrow header...lol. Face it. It NEVER ends! :D

Thanks man. This is it, no more mods for me until at least Christmas.

This is the big one, was the most expensive by far and I am considering this the grand finale for now until I get all caught up on my bills and whatnot.

First package of parts has arrived. Now nothing is going on the bike until I receive complete front and rear setups, however it is nice to finally have something sitting here looking at me waiting to get installed!

Front 2008 R1 Forks, Axle, Rotors. However, I am going to order wave rotors next week so I am keeping these until I know the wave rotors are good, then I will be putting these rotors for sale.

DSCF6856.jpg

DSCF6859.jpg

Front 2008 R1 Forks, Axle, Rotors. However, I am going to order wave rotors next week so I am keeping these until I know the wave rotors are good, then I will be putting these rotors for sale.

Well that would certainly make things easier since you can get the correct rotors and not have to worry about spacing the calipers. Just be careful with those eBay wave rotors. Some are not as good as others. I lucked out and found a like new set of Galfer rotors on eBay for $150 for my YZF1000 ;)

Well these rotors that I have here, are from an 07-08 R1. They are the 310mm units, so I would not need spacers for those either. However I figure nice new rotors with new Brembo pads will be nice ;) This is going to be one hell of an upgrade (Everything together, not just the rotors)...

Word on the street is to get the Chinese rotors from Toby on eBay and that is what I am doing. Lots of people love them, and it seems that the people that post crap about them (Not saying you as you didn't), have never used them.

:)

These are the fronts I am getting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120722085574

Most people have used these, which are also from him. However I like the solid center more than the cut out version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120325497698

And here is what I already ordered for the back. Not really concerned about the rear, did it for the bling bling to match the front lol, I don't use much rear brake anyways.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260767907879

Last edited:
So I did not want to post about this as far as the deal I got, until they arrived. I just was not feeling it was legit. So anyways, a dude puts up the front calipers from an 07 R1 on eBay, along with the rear caliper, some body work, rear MC and rear set. He mis-spelled brake and put break, and I think that threw off how many people viewed it.

Anyways, I got the whole lot for 46 bucks. These calipers are mint, the pads are almost new (Not using them so dont care), and it came with the front brake lines and everything. I am going to throw all the extra stuff on the R1 forum, but man I cannot believe I got these calipers for 46 bucks. Hell, he even threw in the caliper bolts to hold them to the forks!

Anyways, here is the lot of everything I got, including my new calipers. I drained out the calipers and made sure they were not seized up, which they are not. Only had 10K on the bike they came off. All I got to do is remove the pads and spray it all down and clean it up with brake cleaner then install my new Brembo pads that are in the mail.

DSCF6862.jpg

DSCF6864.jpg

DSCF6863.jpg

Back