PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

Wow! And I thought I scored on my calipers! Tony found my fronts with pads and the "silver discs" for 47 dollars. You got radials, the lines, and the rear setup for a dollar less! It's a beautiful thing.:tup:

Yeah, that is why I did not want to mention anything until I got them. I am still in shock about it. My girl is laughing becuase I keep saying it out loud that I cannot believe the deal I got on those.

And yeah, I put the rear setup for 45 shipped and front lines for 20 shipped on the other forum so if those sell, these calipers could be like 10 bucks hahha

I just read this entire thread from the start to here(yeah the rain in the NE is driving me insane) and found one common denominator) Papa lies, he lies like a rug. Approximately every third reply by Papa goes like this I'm out of money and I won't be doing anything else for awhile. I don't think this thread will ever end.

Hope your still interested in next weeks ride, if this rain ever stops.

Not really sure to be honest. Saturday is not looking so good as far as me getting the day out of work, so it is up in the air. Honestly can't really afford to miss the day after all the money I have spent this week.

I am not worried though, the whole summer is ahead of us and I will be out visiting a friend in PA sometime soon anyways, so I will get in contact with ya as well and we can go for a run out your way.

Amevl, I will give you and Johnny a shout when I am out that way.

As far as this thread goes, another package arrived.

Got me an 09 R1 MC, with 2K miles on it mint condition for 60 shipped. He even left the front brake lines attached, and gave me the lever as well. So now I have two sets of stock R1 brake lines that I have no use for!

Anyways, mandatory pic!

DSCF6865.jpg

I think Monday I am going to toss this front end on the bike. I can't see myself letting these parts sit for a month while waiting on the Penske to show up.

So since I do have good pads that came with these calipers, and these rotors from an 08 R1, I think I will do the front end swap. Plus the dude included the lever for the MC, so its not a problem that my FDB lever hasn't show up yet as that will be at least another week. The only part that I need and dont have yet are the SS brake lines and the Speed Bleeders, however those are coming Monday. I can do all the assembly and just wait for the lines and do those last. Bleed the system and done.

Then when my front and rear wave rotors come in, I can change the front over to those and then install the fresh Brembo pads, and toss the wave rotor in the back and then that all will be set.. Penske is a quick job, and done...

:)

how many miles on the bike now? lemme guess you have no money and you're not buying anything else.I too read the whole thread last nite and it seems Dr. Johnny's analysis is correct that or you dont actually even have a bike and this whole thing is a scam!!! I will be consulting with Dr. "of proctology" Johnny on this matter to determine your fate Geno!!!

Well this entire week rained, so I was not able to do much except a quick ride yesterday in between showers. So right now its sitting at 4150 miles.

And yes, other than the list of stuff I bought I am not buying anything else. You'll see. This thread from the point after me doing these mods, will become fairly boring consisting of just routine maintenance.

Cleaned up these calipers, put the brake lever on the MC that he included with it, and my fork sliders came in.

So Monday I am going to do the conversion for the front, and when my Brembo pads and Wave rotors come in I will swap to those at the same time. Also, when the FDB lever comes in for the MC I will toss that on as well. I am pretty excited to say the least!

So today I decided to attack! Tomorrow my brake lines will be here and I can finish, but for now I have my R1 Forks, Calipers, Rotors, MC, and Fork Sliders on there. I like the look of the black forks more than the gold.

Here are some pics. Order is before to after ;)

DSCF6848.jpg

DSCF6866.jpg

DSCF6870.jpg

I felt this was a good time to clean the wheel, before adding the new brake rotors.

DSCF6871.jpg

DSCF6872.jpg

DSCF6873.jpg

DSCF6877.jpg

DSCF6879.jpg

I will run these brake pads and rotors until my Wave rotors and Brembo pads come in, as well as the R1 stock brake lever until my FDB lever comes in.

I am happy! Hopefully tomorrow after I bleed the system out I can ride it a bit as long as the rain holds off.

No.

Little update though. Lines came in, I installed them. Brake lever has a nice firm feel. The MC bleeder is fantastic by the way, what a great feature having a bleed screw on the MC.

Last edited:
Back