PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

Thanks man! The Watsens, copperdawg screen, and the belly pan are going to absolutley make this bike.

Cosmetic wise, there wont be anything else done.. I think it will be just enough without overdoing it.

Installed a tank protector I got off ebay, and the FZ6 footpeg rubber inserts.

Let me tell you, those footpeg rubbers are so much better, they are solid and dont have your foot moving all over the place. What a great cheap mod!

The reason I did that instead of just going to metal ones off ebay is becuase I like having the feelers. So, for me this was the best thing. Just did my first like real ride with them, met up with Lee36 off this forum and we did a good like 50-60 miles and I must say, I love these freaking footpegs.

Taking a rifle into the store today to see what I can get for it today.. If I get what I Want then I will be getting this stuff...

SpeedoDRD Speedometer Calibrator - YAMAHA - Sprocket Center

NEW Superlite 530 Black Steel Rear Sprocket - YAMAHA/SUZUKI - Sprocket Center In the 46T flavor

Drive Systems 530 Chromoly Steel Drilled Front Sprocket - YAMAHA - Sprocket Center In the 16T Flavor

I can use the stock chain so Ill rock that for a while since it only has 760 miles on it..

Also doing another oil change today.

Last edited:
The reason I did that instead of just going to metal ones off ebay is becuase I like having the feelers. So, for me this was the best thing. Just did my first like real ride with them, met up with Lee36 off this forum and we did a good like 50-60 miles and I must say, I love these freaking footpegs.

Do you have a pic of them on the bike?

Indeed ... we had a great ride... except the fact I may like the black/gold look of Papa's bike better than mine! lol

Seriously Gino's bike is looking sweet... Of course now the GYTR slip on is another MUST have for me... thanks pal ;)

LOL thanks Lee.

jwhelan65: Nope but I can deff get one today. Actually taking the bike out in about 20 mins to go and get an oil filter for it, then doin the oil again. Cant believe im already at 760 on it...

Getting pretty comfortable also, the right chicken strip is almost non existant now and the left is like 1/2" but im having a hard time burning off that pink freaking line that they put on the tire...

Last edited:
Ok so I have been slacking with pics, been doing too much riding. I will get pics when I get the sprockets on there, which if they come in tomrorow they will be going on sunday, if they come in Monday I will try to get them on then... Anyways, I broke 1050 miles today!

So im good to go for oil and whatnot, already did 2 oil changes so yea.

FZ6 Footpeg rubber inserts. Yes, those are kick stand holes from the Gen1 in the driveway, and those are the washers reversed.

DSCF6594.jpg

Sprockets, New washer locknut thing I got at the dealership, and then the SpeedoDRD in the bag. The sprocket is black, the flash messed up the coloring. (Yes, I roll my own smokes)

DSCF6595.jpg

Installed everything today. Took a guess and used 5% off for factory mistake on the gearing when using the SpeedoDRD website for calibration, and it put me at -12.9% which was spot on.

This thing RIPS! I keep looking for 7th gear but hey, whatcha gonna do. Takeoff is MUCH nicer also. I bet 2 Up would be fresh now. 6K rpm's even at 81, not bad. I dont notice much noise either from the non rubberized front sprocket, prolly becuase my exhaust screams.

Here are some pics.

DSCF6596.jpg

DSCF6597.jpg

DSCF6598.jpg

SWEET! She's shaping up to be the total dream ride. Well done! :tup:

Now get those stickers off there! ;) Hair dryer does a great job as your helper!

-Eric

If your talking about that tire information sticker its coming off soon. I took the 2 off the tail when I did the light, I gotta bust out the hair dryer and do the tank sticker and then that one lol.

The only thing I wish I had RIGHT MEOW was the watsen flush mounts, but hey no biggie. Gonna order them over the winter. Honestly I dont think im going to do much if any more performance stuff to it.. The bike really hauls the mail right now..

Papa the rear sprocket does look great ! I bet she sceams now with the lower gearing and you're on the pipe a lot more now! ;)

Back