PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

Yes sir! Not much of a fan of 6K at 80 but ill get used to it. Just gonna feel bad for the bike when im following my friends at 90-100...

So far this is all I have of the exhaust.. Didnt even know he was taking this vid.. Saw the cam and did a small roll on, wasnt sure what he was trying to get me to do lol.

Click the picture..

Last edited:
6k at 80 is why I don't ever see myself changing sprockets. As much time as I spend riding at interstate speeds I want to be cruising at a lower rpm for less buzziness and better gas mileage. At lower speeds if I need more speed I just downshift as needed.

So I could use an opinion. I need a belly pan over the winter..

Which one...

This:

BikeSideBellyPan06FZ1.jpg

BikeSide06FZ1.jpg

Or this:

aba-3c308-10-01-ou-500.jpg

Im thinking top one to be different, as everyone and their mother has the bottom one lol. Nothing wrong with it, but I think the top one is more agressive?

Last edited:
I like the Yamaha one too. I have the Yamaha one on my FZ6 and it looked good, and fit perfectly. The fit and finish was top notch too.

I agree about leaving the gearing stoclk. I'm on the highway a fair amount and at 80+ mph I can't imagine having a 16T. Now for the track, a -1, +2 is a great idea.

She's looking great Papa! Does she have a name???

The plus side for the Yamaha one is it will come painted in the factory metallic black...

Just a tip, before you install it take it someplace and have clear protective film applied to the front of it. I did not, and now have a lot of stone chips on the leading edges.

Of course, doing this did not help;
TheHillonHwy20BCeastofStuieJuly2010.jpg

Last edited:
Just an update. Just paid jwhelan65 for a Gold radiator guard and those Gold YAMAHA stickers he has on his belly pan..

Oh and I am going to be paying for a PowerBronze belly pan from a member here within the next day, got a sick deal on it so I cant wait! Gonna have that which is black, then put the gold stickers on there. I think it will look sick!

Over the winter I will get the Watsens, PC3, DNA or BMC air filter, CopperDawg Windscreen, and mod the airbox, gut the cat, and remove/mod the flies.

Cant freaking wait for next season!

Radiator guard installed! Freaking love it! And my Powerbronze belly pan shipped out and will be here tuesday. Someone here got it for their bike in gloss black, but they have a Blue FZ1, so they ended up getting an OEM yamaha one color matched, and sold it to me for 70 bones so I couldnt pass it up. When it comes in im going to paint the silver mesh grills on the side the Gold that is used on this radiator guard, and then install it. So more pics coming mid this week when I get that installed!

DSCF6608.jpg

DSCF6610.jpg

Really love the gold radiator gaurd Gino... looks sweet!

Hmmm.. I wonder how gold would look on the Yami Blue? I wonder with the bronze wheels if it would fly???

Really love the gold radiator gaurd Gino... looks sweet!

Hmmm.. I wonder how gold would look on the Yami Blue? I wonder with the bronze wheels if it would fly???

G E no thinks black would be best on your bike, due to it not having a bright gold like mine, and I dont really know if silver would look that good?

Thanks for the compliments guys!

lol ... Ok I got it man... sorry for the fat fingers! :iamwithstupid:

I hear you on the color of the gaurd ... its just the gold looks so good, especially with the forks which the blue 09 doesn't have!

Hey you were right about the oh-11 ... good thing you didn't wait... can't believe the only option is Silver this year!?!

Back