PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

lol.

Oh and I went and picked up a 4 pin relay today so I can wire up my heated grips the proper way. :)

You could simply run them from the running lights. Too much electrical stuff makes it a PITA to hide all the wiring apparatus and handling it everytime you want to modify something. I have like 6-7 ground wires running off my battery -ve. I just put them in a screw and attached them to the terminal using a short wire.

Cats coming out when I do the PC3, Airbox mod, remove the flies and the DNA/BMC filter.

I'm going to hide the relay in the tail as I'm going to tap off of the plate lights leads to activate the relay. I dont think it will be a mess in there as I'm very meticulous.

These came in today. So when I order the Pilot Powers I will take the rear tire off, swap the chain and sprockets and install these when I put it all back together. Plan on doing that in the spring.

DSCF6687.jpg

No clue, Was going to look into that in the event something bad happened.

Here are some pics of the grips. As you can see I wired the relay in there, so just got to install the grips, hide the wires and connect the Positive and Negative to the battery and one wire is going to run to the positive of my Plate light to activate the relay so it's switched ignition.

DSCF6689.jpg

DSCF6690.jpg

DSCF6691.jpg

Oh and I tried them out just hooked to the Suzuki Battery I have sitting here in my room on the battery tender, and these puppies got hot. Not exactly sure when I am going to install them, I'm thinking MAYBE tomorrow morning before work.

Installed my grips. I will take pics later. I am heading to work now, so I'm going to take the bike and see how I like them. I did test them and the relay works and they fire up and shut down on the ignition so thats good.

:)

BTW, I love these grips. LOVE THEM! Just was out for an hour or so in 30 Degrees...

DSCF6701.jpg

DSCF6700.jpg

DSCF6699.jpg

DSCF6698.jpg

DSCF6697.jpg

And here is where the mileage is sitting currently. I planned it so it would change near my house to that number LOL. I love the number 21 for some reason...

DSCF6695.jpg

The grip glue they gave me is intence. There is no way in hell I am getting that thing off without breaking something or ruining the grip. Personally, that wire does not bother me anyways as its not in the way of anything and under normal throttle conditions its not hanging like that anyways as it gets pulled in more.

I forgot to put up some important info in this thread! I decided that I want to change the looks of the bike, and I don't really like the look of my belly pan at all. So here is what is going to be changing and I have some stuff in the mail.

I ordered the Holeshot High Mount pipe in black. When I get it, I will change it over (I plan on doing the swap on Christmas day as I wont be working and I can do it in my shed. I will then sell the GYTR. Also going to be removing the belly pan. I am going to be leaning towards the naked look, going to run the CD Windscreen which I will order when the GYTR sells, then with the Watsens and no belly pan with the High mount and no rear foot pegs it should look sweet!

Also, sometime in the spring I will get the "Strike" seat cowl from CopperDog as well. I cannot wait to see what she looks like, but I will get some pics on Saturday when there is no belly pan and the high mount installed. I had listed my stock exhaust for sale, but someone made a good point about keeping it and that is actually a better idea because over the summer I am going to order the Holeshot Header, and when I do that I'm going to send out the header, and the pipe that connects to the can out to get JetHot Ceramic coated in black. Should match my bike VERY well! While that is getting done I can rock the stock can for a bit. When I do the header I will do the PC3, Air box mod, BMC filter and remove the flies as well. For now I will leave that stuff alone until I get the header. Money is just the factory as to why I can't do all this now lol.

Last edited:
For some reason I was under the impression the CD Seat cowl was 250... Its 350. As sexy as it is, I cant justify that.

So here is what I am going to be getting a lot sooner than I thought as its very affordable.

Y's Gear FZ1 Seat Cowls from Yamaha Accessories & Apparel

Q5K-YSK-056-G02.jpg

I don't think it would look that great on anything other than a Raven, but since my bike is black it will blend in with the rear seat a lot better IMO.

For the price, its worth a shot...

Man, before spending too much on cosmetics, I would strongly recommend suspension, performance, comfort and cosmetics last in that order.

CD stuff is cool, no doubt but at those prices I would be a lot worried about trashing those expensive plastics than looking good.

For some reason I was under the impression the CD Seat cowl was 250... Its 350. As sexy as it is, I cant justify that.

So here is what I am going to be getting a lot sooner than I thought as its very affordable.

Y's Gear FZ1 Seat Cowls from Yamaha Accessories & Apparel

Q5K-YSK-056-G02.jpg

I don't think it would look that great on anything other than a Raven, but since my bike is black it will blend in with the rear seat a lot better IMO.

For the price, its worth a shot...

You know that Tony, NJFZ1 is selling a white one? A lot cheaper and all you have to do is paint it.

Here is the link: http://www.998cc.org/forum/bikes-parts-sale/9645-f-s-gen-ii-seat-cowl.html#post52660

Man, before spending too much on cosmetics, I would strongly recommend suspension, performance, comfort and cosmetics last in that order.

CD stuff is cool, no doubt but at those prices I would be a lot worried about trashing those expensive plastics than looking good.

Unfortunately I don't understand much about suspension. I cant tell if my bike handles good or not to be honest with you, to me it handles fine but maybe that's because I am used to it and I dont take it to the track. I am afraid to mess with the adjustments on the forks because I have no idea whats going to happen if I do start making adjustments. I've never messed with suspension on a bike before. So if I went and dropped 800 bucks on a rear shock, I wouldn't know what to do with it anyways. My bikes suspension is set however it was set when I picked it up from the dealer, and I have just gotten used to it...

Not sure if that's a bad thing, but that is all I know. As far as performance, I will be attacking that over the summer. The slip on and the gearing change is enough for me right now. Coming from a VTX1300, jumping on the Gen1 was shocking and same deal with this Gen2. I am still just impressed to death with how powerful this bike is factory.

Oldschool said:
You know that Tony, NJFZ1 is selling a white one? A lot cheaper and all you have to do is paint it.

The only problem is he is selling it for 75 shipped, its 100 from that link. It will cost me well over 25 to get it factory paint matched. Thanks for the heads up though!

Edit:

Did some searching, seems that the rear shock makes a big freakin difference.

Found this thread:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/7867-penske-8900e-shock-way.html

I will put the 8900E up for the next item on my list before I do the header and whatnot. I guess it comes preset for how you ride...?

Penske Motorcycle Shocks: triple adjustable, 2-way adjustable, single emulsion

Last edited:
8900E is a great value with an option to upgrade. Yes, depends where you buy from but they will put the right spring and settings for you based on your riding style. Most important is to set the sag first which is easy to do if you have 1 more strong guy to help with. You can first try doing it on your stock suspension and go from there. It is important to ride a stock bike for a long time before spending any $$. I did that mistake with my last bike but this bike I went a different route.

What would Christmas be without a little wrenching? Removed the belly pan and installed the high mount.

Ordering the CopperDawg speed screen Monday... Going with all raven :)

The Watsens and the Speed screen will literally transform the whole look of the bike. Just try to picture that and you will see just straight out pwnage. ;)

DSCF6709.jpg

DSCF6708.jpg

DSCF6707.jpg

DSCF6706.jpg

Well I haven't run it. Dales pipes need the Ultra Copper RTV Silicone on all the joints, so I just set it all up and will run it sometime this week. It only needed tonight to dry but since we are about to get hammered with snow I wont bother running it. I already know it sounds absolutely wicked as I had this exhaust system on my Gen1 earlier in the summer.

Can't wait for spring man! I've got so many parts sitting here waiting to go on there, then with the Speed screen and the Watsens this thing is just going to rock...

Just gotta order me some Pilot Powers to go with it before spring.

Back