PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

Wish I could bro, but todays a high of 47. Wayyyy too cold for me!

60 and down and im done. However 2 days next week are supposed to be 69 and sunny, so thats like a freebee this time of year!

I figured a northerner would have a higher tolerance for cold, lol! I live in the south and I ride year-round, I've even ridden on the rare days where it is in the 20s or teens. I actually look forward to when the temperatures dip into the 50s and 60s, that is the perfect temperature for me!

Wish I could bro, but todays a high of 47. Wayyyy too cold for me!

60 and down and im done. However 2 days next week are supposed to be 69 and sunny, so thats like a freebee this time of year!

Bike looks great
. Now you just need better (warmer) gear. I rode to work today and it was 33* F windy, and dark. The high today will be 45*F. Right gear, no problem.

47 is too cold? You cannot be a native New Englander! ;) Perhaps spend some money on good cold weather gear next? FirstGear TPG Rainier Jacket, and TPG Escape pants. Get a pair of heated gloves and head to the sporting goods store for a nice body armor balaclava and you can ride until the snow falls. :D

I will be honest, I'm not a fan of the PB cowl. It looks a bit bulky on the bike, almost like it does not fit in with the OEM streamlined plastics. It looks good, but not as good as the OEM cowl IMHO. ;)

I will be honest, I'm not a fan of the PB cowl. It looks a bit bulky on the bike, almost like it does not fit in with the OEM streamlined plastics. It looks good, but not as good as the OEM cowl IMHO. ;)

Someone mentioned the Fuzza cowl by Copper Dawg. I think that would actually compliment the cowl and bring the whole thing together. The combination of the two will make it a very very unique looking FZ1.

Have to say I'm with PapaGeno ... I like it HOT, 80 degrees+ and I am loving life :shine:

I have been getting out here and there lately as the weather has been hovering around 60 in southern newengland. The right gear definitely will help... I am in the market for a decent riding jacket myself but using an old leather I've had for a while and it helps immensly...

Rode tonight and today in 45-60 degrees.. I took a hat and cut the top out and used it as a neck protector and put sweat pants under my jeans.. That with my leather jacket and Olympic leather gauntlet gloves I was OK kinda. Still, under 50 and im jsut not a happy camper at all.

Oh and been in RI all my life, but ive lost like 60 lbs and now I cant seem to get used to the cold...

Thanks man! Since I took her out in the sunlight I got some better pics...

DSCF6653.jpg

DSCF6651.jpg

DSCF6650.jpg

Its been a while since I have updated this thread. So here goes.

• I hard wired the battery tender to the bike last week so I can just plug it in now.
  • I broke 2020 miles today.
  • I ordered a Nolan N90 last week, it came in, didn't fit so I sent it back for a Large which will ship tomorrow.
  • I just ordered me some Oxford heated grips which I will hook up with a relay.
  • Drive systems 520 Steel sprocket Conversion 16/45T with EK MVXZ Gold chain is in the mail. (I had bought a setup for the Gixxer, realized im goign to sell it and sent it back in turn for the Yamaha setup.)
  • My girlfriend ordered me 500 Bullets (I reload), and Driven Axle block sliders for Christmas.

When I get the title in the mail for the Gixxer and it sells, I will order the rest of the stuff for the bike. :)

Edit: Might as well post a list of the stuff I will be ordering.
  • Watsens
  • CopperDawg Speed Screen
  • Michelin Pilot Powers
  • Motivation USA Fork Sliders
  • Exup Eliminator (I'm going to make a tray out of aluminum to mount the PC3 there)
  • PC3 (Going to run Dunkens perfection maps to figure out what works for my bike)
  • BMC Filter
  • Remove the flies (Free but wont do it until everything else is done)
  • Ditch the cat (Also free)
That should about do it for me.

Last edited:
So I have been going nuts thinking about blinkers, and after reading on Watsens site that they don't charge the card until they ship which wont be for four weeks, I decided to order them.

So, Black Metallic Watsens are coming hopefully within the next month and a half!

It needs Protons ;). Watsens are way too pricey .. hee hee

Hail, Hes busting my balls lol. I was asking about his protons for sale yesterday and was almost going to do it but the problem is I dont have the cash money paypah currency right this moment. The fact that they charge me in 3-5 weeks works on my budget.

No hard feelings CrazyBiker.

Back