PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

Monday I am going to put some nice fresh oil in there as I haven't done that yet for the winter, as I am NOT riding it anymore until the sand and salt is gone :( I didn't want to put any in as I still had some hope, but that hope is dead and gone and now I just have to wait till spring.

Also going to throw on my new front fork sliders and remove those ugly reflectors off the calipers.

Pics will follow!

you have got to cut it down just below the qytr sign! it sounds and growls even more! i did it too mine and it is better beyond belief, and it looks way better

I know this is Papa's build thread but I thought he'd like to see his old GYTR Exhaust has found it's new home :D

I couldn't help but install it today to listen to the mean growl in my garage... and it sounds awsome. Much more of a throatier grunt at low RPM and as the revs goes up it honestly seems similar to stock but more punch! From riding with Geno I KNOW it will sound even better on the road... but that'll have to wait until spring...

Oh, and I weighed both cans. Stock was just over 15lbs ... the GYTR 5 lbs, 1.4oz!!! WOW

fz1gytr.jpg

fz1gytr2.jpg

Just a fast update.

Still waiting on the CopperDawg Speed screen. Just ordered a cell phone mount for the bike, and a cigarette lighter socket that I am going to install to charge my cell. Got a Soupy's performance lowering link for 52 shipped off "The other forum".. Found that dude off of the FZ6 site selling those cable lube things so I ordered a setup for that and a refill kit as well as I am going to be racking up the miles big time this season on my beast.

Also, I got the RF-1100 this week so I just ordered the Pin-lock visor system for it along with the Sena SMH10 intercoms.

And I got me a Speed & Strength Moment of Truth mesh jacket for the summer, and a pair of the Scorpion Exo mesh cool hand gloves.

:)

Well I don't really care what I spend on my gear, as I need to have that. As far as the other stuff, this was the end of the mods and money being spent. Everything I have sitting here and going on will be it, and I will be riding it all year like that. Next winter I will start with the performance stuff.

Got my lowering link in today, thing is in new condition for 51.75 to my door... How do ya beat that!

Also got the Sena SMH10's in today and was playing with those. LOVE IT! My phone just sends the music in stereo via bluetooth to the helmet, so that's going to be amazing!

Also got the phone charger in for my cell that I will be plugging into the cigeratte lighter outlet I am going to install in one of the inside plastic fairings..

This pile of parts is getting bigger and bigger... :)

Come to RI and take a look at the weather. When you realized the roads have like an inch of salt and sand, with 2-3 feet of snow covering everything other than pavement you will see why I am not currently riding... :(

I live with my parents, and I drive a Cherokee. Theres nothing else to sink my money into currently other than this bike. :)

Well of course I save money lol.

But I don't see a problem with the stuff I am buying. I haven't even started performance stuff yet LOL. But that will all be next winter. I may get a rear shock though over the summer, well see.

Man! I'd like to go back and live with my parents! I flew the coup early on in life. If I could do it all over again I'd have stayed home until I had a nice nest egg. The problem was when I was a whippersnapper, I thought I knew everything and boy was I wrong! I'm telling my kid not to be in such a rush to leave. It's better to set yourself up first before you take off. There's no rush. Good for you Geno. Stay there as long as you can!

Exactly man. I can't afford to move out and I feel no need too. My girlfriend and I both live at our parents houses, and just both save our money. No need for anything else. I just save what I can and play with the rest. My jeep was extensively modified and now I am starting on the bike.

;)

Ordered something else today but that's a secret until its on the bike. :)

Last Monday I modified the inner plastic cowl for a cigeratte lighter output. I put the panel back in as I took it out for a ride on Monday, but I did not hook it up yet. When I hook it up to run the wire I have to lift the tank, and when I do that I am going to do BlindSpots fuel line mod.

Here are some pics of the Justice I have layed down:

DSCF6748.jpg

DSCF6749.jpg

DSCF6747.jpg

The nice thing about the GenII inner fairing insert is that it is flat as compared to the GenI which has a "valley" running down the center. I wanted to use the plate that came with mine but couldn't get it to sit flush on the insert. Nice job Geno, looks great!

Back