Pyro's Twisted Texas Tour '12

Just read the last part of this thread. Carl, so glad to hear you were able to get DD for that ticket. That's got to be a real relief.

:)

Just read the last part of this thread. Carl, so glad to hear you were able to get DD for that ticket. That's got to be a real relief.

Thanks George!
I was sweating bullets when I went into that judges office. I mean I was worried....and they turned out to be the nicest people in the world. They pulled my record to see how many speeding tickets I have had in the past and luckily - most of the classes I have taken were before they really started keeping up with them. :D

Hey Bud - I just wanted to thank you again for all the tips you gave me on the FZ1. I really enjoyed talking to you and I learned more talking to you than I have with years of reading on the forums.
Thanks again for good times. :cheers:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hey George - I just wanted to say thanks again for all your help with my bike. I literally learned more from talking to you than I have 2 yrs of reading in the forums.
Thanks again for the info and the good times. Hope to do it again next year.

Carl

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks George!
I was sweating bullets when I went into that judges office. I mean I was worried....and they turned out to be the nicest people in the world. They pulled my record to see how many speeding tickets I have had in the past and luckily - most of the classes I have taken were before they really started keeping up with them. :D

If that was Williamson county, I've heard some horror stories like them throwing riders in jail......:cry:

Carl I heard your exhaust was loose and hanging on the tail end of the ride........everything good now?

Hey Frank - Yes I had a little crash at the end of our trip. LOL It was really a freak incident. I almost posted about it but I have been swamped.
We were riding up to Austin from Canyon Lake and Brad honked at me. He was signaling that something was wrong so I pulled over ..... when I did I found out what was wrong real fast. My mid pipe had come loose from my header and was hanging down and dragging the ground. It had done this once before after the hit & run but I thought I had fixed it. Unfortunately when I went off the road and pulled onto the shoulder - the mid pipe bit into the ground and flipped the bike forward. I don't think it quite did a front flip but the people who saw it said it was a pretty good attempt :D
The bike flipped over and landed on my left foot. That hurt :) I landed pretty hard and Brad came and pulled the bike off me. We pounded and twisted the metal back into shape and reattached the mid pipe. Then wired it into place and continued on the trip to Austin. No since in letting a crash interfere with good food. We finished out the trip with lunch and everyone headed home.
I think I have the mid pipe pretty secure but then again - I thought that before :dontknow:
Anyway - thanks for asking.

Last edited:
If that was Williamson county, I've heard some horror stories like them throwing riders in jail......:cry:

I'm pretty sure that Lometa is in Lampasas County but I'm not real sure.
I am sure that the cop was serious about taking me to jail. He sure did tell me several times that he was serious. HAHAHA!!!!
He kept talking about "If I was in Bastrop, I would be in jail" so I guess he used to be a cop in Bastrop. IDK - He was walking tall when he was talking to me. LOL He really took speeding through "his town" pretty seriously.
Well I really didn't mean to speed that fast. Lometa used to be a little hole in the wall town with a blinking light and no police department. LOL Well they decided to invest in police department and now they write tons of speeding tickets. HAHAHA I stopped at the one convenience store in town and everyone was laughing about how many tickets the local police hand out. Well I learned my lesson.

Carl I saw you go down in my mirror. You stopped so fast when the pipe dug in! Knocked the back end pretty high. Did not look like a fun drop. Glad your ankle was ok - that could have been worse, but maybe the gravel stopped it from being a trip to the emergency room!

the mid pipe bit into the ground and flipped the bike forward. I don't think it quite did a front flip but the people who saw it said it was a pretty good attempt :D

I call it the FZ1 Pole Vault. It will be fetured in the upcomming olympic games!

P.S. I hope you don't mind me sharing the story with Frank. We had quite a few drinks! :)

Carl I saw you go down in my mirror. You stopped so fast when the pipe dug in! Knocked the back end pretty high. Did not look like a fun drop. Glad your ankle was ok - that could have been worse, but maybe the gravel stopped it from being a trip to the emergency room!

I know what you mean. I couldn't get over how violently it jerked me around. I weigh about 210 to 215 and the bike slammed me around like a wet rag.
I was kind of stunned for a minute when I hit the ground. I remember looking up to see if on coming traffic was coming up on me but I felt like I was moving in slow motion.
To tell you the truth - I was having the hardest time shifting my gears with my left foot when we were going to lunch in Austin. I wasn't about to let that stop me but lets just say that I was thankful when I finally hit the hiways and I could cruise in 6th gear. :D

Jeez, Carl. That's a hell of a way to end the trip.! Sounds like you dodged a bullet ... hate to think what could of happened if Brad hadn't noticed the pipe when he did.! Glad your OK. :tup:

I call it the FZ1 Pole Vault. It will be fetured in the upcomming olympic games!

P.S. I hope you don't mind me sharing the story with Frank. We had quite a few drinks! :)

HAHAHA!!! Pole Vault is awesome!!! I bet that was a pretty good description of what happened. :D
Nah! I don't mind talking about it all. It was a really freak accident and I really appreciate you telling me something was wrong. Crashing going 30-40mph is a lot better than doing it at 80mph!!! HAHAHA

Here is a pic of the damage from my Pole Vaulting. :yes:

20120416_115709.jpg

These sliders really work. These are Shoguns and they have protected me twice so I figured it's time to grab another pair.

20120416_115723.jpg

20120416_115715.jpg

All in all not too bad for a 30 to 40 mph crash.

YIKES !! Could have been much, much worse !! Glad you're OK !!

Thank you. That driver's side slider really took the damage. Those things are worth their weight in gold.
I have to admit that when I was lying on the ground - I was not sure I was OK. HAHAHA. Sure am glad I had some good guys with me to pull me out of the road. :cheers:

Back