Seat Poll...how many still on stock seat?

Does anyone have an idea are the drivers seats similar in S & N models? I know that rear seats are not.

The only difference in the rear seats is that the N seat has a strap due to lack of grab rails where the S has no strap and grab rails. The rider seats are the same.

A Corbin seat came on my 07. I would call it reasonably comfortable. I would also say that it is firm and somewhat flat. I have yet to ride more than an hour at a time.

Just returned a sargent seat. It just didnt fit me. Went back to the original, which is feeling better and better since I got my money back from Sargent.

I will need to see about a custom seat near where I live.

still on the stock

Thanks for all the feedback! Im still on the stock, i spent enough time on it thinking my ass would adjust but it hasnt. Sure the stock is fine for short trips but i have a 50 plus mile trip just to work. If cash wasnt an issue obvioulsy i would go with the Top Sadderly. That being said im gonna try out the Yamaha Gel, my trips are rarely over 100 miles in one sitting. I will give input once ive had time to test trial my butt.:sport12:

A Corbin seat came on my 07. I would call it reasonably comfortable. I would also say that it is firm and somewhat flat. I have yet to ride more than an hour at a time.

Same here. I just put a down payment on my 07 with a Corbin seat today, and rode it for about 20min. It seemed comfy, but quite firm and flat and a bit slick, just as gelesc has said. They said they think they have the original seat that they'll give me too, but they tried to put it back on, but the Corbin seemed to have a special bracket of frame and they gave up. I don't know how hard they tried, or even if the Corbin has a special mount. Seems odd if it does. Anyone have insight on this? I'd like to give both seats a try if it's not too hard to switch them.

Same here. I just put a down payment on my 07 with a Corbin seat today, and rode it for about 20min. It seemed comfy, but quite firm and flat and a bit slick, just as gelesc has said. They said they think they have the original seat that they'll give me too, but they tried to put it back on, but the Corbin seemed to have a special bracket of frame and they gave up. I don't know how hard they tried, or even if the Corbin has a special mount. Seems odd if it does. Anyone have insight on this? I'd like to give both seats a try if it's not too hard to switch them.

You probably have to remove the seat latch from the Corbin and put it back on the stock seat before you can mount it again. This has been my experience with other Corbin seats. They use the latch from the stock seat to attach. I'm pretty sure that's the case here too and why someone at a dealer wasn't able to figure that out is unbelievable...

Stock seat and had no problems on a 2700 mile tour of europe this summer! I think it is an individual thing, some just change it for the looks, I was tempted by the Sargent seats but could not justify the price.

Im still on the Stock Seat after 8000 Miles. No problems really.

Mind i'm also a cyclist, and regularly spend 4 hours on a seat like this (see below), so comparatively the stock Fazer Seat is really rather soft and comfy.

GP

I'm still on a stock seat after about 2 years on the FZ1.
I'm good for about 3 to 4 hours of driving and then I start getting a pain in my ass! :) I would love to upgrade but there has been so many bad reviews about the 2 major providers that I have held off.
I had a Sergent seat for my SV 650 and I loved it. I was really interested in the "Gunfighter/Lady" in the Corbin because it would allow me to add a backrest. I really like that option!! However, after reading all the horror stories I'm really thinking of going the custom seat route (Bill Mayer, Baldwin, etc).

The standard seat on my Gen1 was spot on, but I very quickly changed the Gen2's stock seat to a Yam gel seat.

I find the gel seat reasonably comfortable ( certainly better than std) but even so 2 or 3 hours in the saddle is enough.

BTW fitting progressive springing front and back has helped.

Stock seat here as well i have only done one very long day trip (840km) and it killed my rear but other than that i think its ok for the riding i do

Gen II Sargent and like it. The stock seat pushed Big Jim and the Twins into the fuel tank too much, the sargent is more dished which removed the this problem and my lower back is much happier. Most of my rides are 2-3 hundred miles a day so plenty of time to stop and stretch my legs.

Stock seat... only 2500 miles so far but I believe it feels better now then it did the first few hunded miles or so. Unfortunately I don't have any all day rides under my belt to comment further... looking to change that this year!

Mind i'm also a cyclist, and regularly spend 4 hours on a seat like this (see below), so comparatively the stock Fazer Seat is really rather soft and comfy.

GP

:eek5::eek5::eek5::eek5:
OUCH!!!!!!!!!! That makes my nuts hurt just looking at it!!!!
No kidding - I went on a 40 mile bike ride just about the time I graduated college and the next day my nuts hurt so bad that I couldn't walk for 3 days!!!
I never went on another long bike ride!!! :)

Yeah but bike seats are a whole different thing, they are designed to be right on the bones so it's not too too bad once you get some experience. Perhaps that's the same thing with the stock seat on the FZ1 need more miles on my a#@ so it feels better?

GP

Took my Yamaha Gel seat into a custom shop today. Having it completly reworked to improve comfort. Should have it back in 3 weeks or so. Will post how it goes.

had the Yamaha gel since late last fall but honestly i havent done a long trip, i just know after bout 50 miles the stock started to hurt my arse. Last trip i did was 100 miles before the gel had me twitching so that would be an improvement.

Back