Should I buy a 2002 FZ1?

Thanks for the pics and info Johnny, that's what I needed to know before I spent the coin.

I plan to go back to LAguna Seca Moto GP this time ride up the coast via Hwy 1 and want to take my g/f.

From what I have seen so far the HArdbags are $1500.00!!! :bs2:

Sheesh any other options?

Check out our vacation to the USGP last year:

https://picasaweb.google.com/azmotoman/LagunaSeca#slideshow/5499120979382186418

G

ho20.jpg

looks like you nabbed a sweet deal for $3,100.....nice lookin bike!

Choppastyle

Thanks Choppa, I'm pretty happy so far--I'm diggin the new scooter! lolup

Had the bike a week and went for a Friday Sunset Ride after work

Apache%20_Trail4_29_11g.jpg

Apache Trail is one of the oldest road in AZ as they hauled supplies by mule train to build Roosevelt Dam

Apache%20_Trail4_29_11.jpg

It sure is fun on the new bike…

Apache%20_Trail4_29_11e.jpg

It was a nice way to break in the bike and wind down from a work week.

Apache%20_Trail4_29_11c.jpg

Pretty soon the SUN will be scorching HOT and I’m trying to get in as many rides as possible before HELL settles in..

Apache%20_Trail4_29_11n.jpg

Got a new lid

Yam2002%20FZ1o.jpg

Yam2002%20FZ1p.jpg

Yam2002%20FZ1helmeta.jpg

Hi

I have had an '01, went to some other bikes and came back to an '03 for various reasons. It is a great bike. I have a cover that came from either Walmart, or Canadian Tire (yup, I'm a Canuck) and it works fine. I have Givi luggage, both side bags on top box so lots of storage for trips. The bike performs well, lots of power and easy to maintain. Some have put slip on replacing the original but I like a stock bike. I do have upgraded shocks, a jet kit, and a tall windscreen but that's it. I can send you photos of the bike if you like,...just pm me.

Thanks guys.

abrown, I would luv to see pics of your baggage setup. pm sent

Oldschool
I didn't know there is a bike of the month thread. I'll submit it, although she's painfully stock but I've only owned her for 12 days...

I'm so new to these bikes that I realized (too late) that my first thread is in the WRONG section. Sorry guys....

Hey guys it's been awhile, I don't ride in HELL (summers in AZ) so haven't been on the bike much until recently.

So far I’ve put about 3000 miles on her and plan do much more. Haven't checked lately but I think it has about 14K on the odo.

Ordered some new Pirelli's that I got for a smokin price from Jake Wilson
$230 for the pair delivered!

What's this about dynabeads I keep reading about?

New OEM battery is ordered.

Simple mods? I saw a youtube video with a squid riding a FZ1 with a S&S slipon and the bike sounded nice even though I could barely watch as I thought he was gonna wad up..... lol

Not sure if I want a LOUD exhaust for long roadtrips or not???

(Update Previous owner, changed the OEM bars, cut them down and it had no bar-end weights with large foam grips. I changed the grips, found some universal bar ends in the bargin bin @ Cycle Gear and got one of those cheesy cruise controls that amazingly does the job.)

Here are some more recent pics, I have also cut off the farm plow and put on different rear blinkers.

Yam2002%252520FZ1r.jpg
]

Yam2002%252520FZ1s.jpg
]

FZ1e.jpg
]

Anyway here are some ride reports I did, I luv this Bike!

Here’s a ride report up to ol Historic Prescott & Jerome. There is a lot of old west History up there:

https://picasaweb.google.com/103236...CLmMjqa_9LaNkQE#slideshow/5622021476649826130

2011 All the Way to Monterey and Laguna Seca from AZ

https://picasaweb.google.com/103236087598437918425/LagunaSecaMotoGP_July242011#slideshow/5634632588107882146

Thanks for all the advise!

Cheers,
Gary

Thanks Lindy, yes I'm real lucky out here in AZ. The summers are BRUTAL but 8 mo are great!

Didn't realize how much I missed my streetbike til I got the F1~

nice looking bike Gman. and nice pictures too. and welcome to the forum. and i hope I can get my hands on such a bike when i can get my plans executed to travel through the USA. and ...

Thanks guys, went on a ride yesterdaY:
HOLY MOLY!

Ended up going down to Tucson, Mt Lemon last minute via Hunt Hwy. I tried to tell these guys “it was a long ride” to no avail…

Dude thought it was a 4 hr jaunt and they were meeting around 11:30!

Well 280 miles, 6.5 hrs later I survived—barely. First time riding with these guys, might be my last. Dangerous passes up and back down the mountain. Double yellow around corners is not my cup of tea. Even though I got suked in and was taking my own chances but nothing like that.
Looking back—it was stupid.

They wanted to take I-10 back now the guy was weaving in & out of traffic @ 80+, the move he put between tow 18 wheelers was frightening to watch.
(Tucson traffic SUCKED!) we missed the back way up River road.

I might just be better off riding with Jan on the back to keep my competitive ego in check, too many freaken cages.

I’m too old for this kinda reckless riding, with the late start they did not stop once to take a break (I did).

On the plus side the road was a lot of fun and it got freagen cold @ the top. 39 deg!

Here’s a few pics 12 miles from the top.

Mt%252520Lemon11_25_11.jpg

Mt%252520Lemon11_25_11a.jpg

Old school/new school combo
At least my old school Hurricane pant leathers fit, although the jacket didn’t… lol

Mt%252520Lemon11_25_11b.jpg

Mt%252520Lemon11_25_11d.jpg

Thanksgiving%25252011_24_11e.jpg

Thanksgiving%25252011_24_11o.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics

Thanks for posting the pics. Most times I ride solo just for that reason. I always know my way to and from where we plan to go and if I see that kind of stuff begin to happen I head on my merry way. It's way too dangerous to get sucked into that kind of ride. I'm glad you made it back without incident.

Back