Should I buy a 2002 FZ1?

I just picked up a Gen 1 02. I traded my 06 KLR straight across for it and although it was not quite what I was looking for, a few trips arround the block in the cold have me convinced that I may hold onto her for the comming season. It does not have the low end of My last street bike a Buell XB12S but it has a hellacious top end

Welcome !!

Another Gen-I owner !! :welcome: Raymond . . .. great trade! And, if you want even more low end punch on your '02: drop the front 1-tooth and raise the rear sprocket 1,2,or3, teeth !! WALA , , , instant dragster :woot:
Just one of the many ways to improve the low end grunt and probably the least expensive, biggest improvement one can make for shear acceleration.
I am running -1, +1 on my '01 now but I am planning on going back to my favorite. -1, +3. Either way, the performance is stunning when compared to the stock gearing.
WELCOME aboard:party0011:

Nice bike and great price!

Commenting on handlebar buzz:

Get the stock bar end weights. If they don't have the grips in the right place for the bar ends to work, simply move them.

Another trick I did to my FZ6 (and will be doing with my FZ1 build) is getting 06/07 bars (flat feel, easier angle on the elbows and wrists) and fill them with lead BBs. It added a lot of "heft" and did WONDERS for the vibration. With stock bar ends I barely feel any vibes.

Also with these bars, the bike seems to handle better, or at least feel more nimble. The best mod I have ever done to any bike I've owned.

-Gabe

Back