SPARTAN Leathers

Suit $699. Keep in mind it is their entry level suit. they have much more expensive ones.

I got lucky on the gloves. Regularly $99. I paid $65 for a pair that had a defect. Turns out they ran out of the clearance gloves and gave me another good pair at no additional cost. They have a higher end pair of gloves, the ones reviewed by WebBikeWorld for $199 with stingray and kangaroo leather.
Did your gloves have Kangaroo palms?

You know. Now I am not sure. They ran out of the closeout glove I ordered so they gave me the new regular pair at no extra charge. A few weeks ago the description for the regular pair said Kangaroo Palm. Now I see no mention of Kangaroo and the price is $10 less.

Spartan Charge Gloves [Charge Gloves] - $89.99 : Spartan Apparel, www.SpartanLeathers.com

This is the link to the closeout item I had ordered. So now I am not sure if mine have kangaroo palm. They still have Blk/Bl and Blk/Red. $50
Spartan Charge Gloves - $50.00 : Spartan Apparel, www.SpartanLeathers.com

Here is a link to the high end glove.
Spartan SL-1 Gloves - $199.99 : Spartan Apparel, www.SpartanLeathers.com

Either way I love the gloves. They are a tad tight on the palm. I need to condition them and break them in a bit.

Last edited:
You know. Now I am not sure. They ran out of the closeout glove I ordered so they gave me the new regular pair at no extra charge. A few weeks ago the description for the regular pair said Kangaroo Palm. Now I see no mention of Kangaroo and the price is $10 less.

http://www.spartanleathers.com/main/store/gloves/spartanchargeglovesHere is a link to the high end glove.
Spartan SL-1 Gloves - $199.99 : Spartan Apparel, www.SpartanLeathers.com

Either way I love the gloves. They are a tad tight on the palm. I need to condition them and break them in a bit.

The important thing is that you like them.

They look like very clean, simple leathers with nice details--look great on you! If the quality of the leather and stitching is up to par, you have a great set of leathers there.

Confirmed! My kangaroo palm closeouts were replaced with the new model that does not use kangaroo leather. Oh, well! They are comfy and now my wife (animal lover) can sleep at night.

Finally got my Forcefield T-Pro back protector in. It was on back order. At least I have not had a reason to use the suit yet. Soon enough though!

5595d1300318580-spartan-leathers-dsc02690.jpg

Here is the outside (impact side) of the back protector.
5596d1300318580-spartan-leathers-dsc02691.jpg

Here is the inside (facing my back).
5597d1300318580-spartan-leathers-dsc02692.jpg

Here is a shot with a quarter to get an idea of the thickness. It is a little thicket that the simple foam pad that comes standard with the suit.
5598d1300318580-spartan-leathers-dsc02697.jpg

Last edited:
Confirmed! My kangaroo palm closeouts were replaced with the new model that does not use kangaroo leather. Oh, well! They are comfy and now my wife (animal lover) can sleep at night.

The difference in the kangaroo palm would be the same as having sex with or without a rubber. I hope that helps. :)

Wore the suit for about 2 hours tonight to break it in a bit before it's maiden voyage on Sunday, April 10th. I need to go pick up some under armor tomorrow night.

Also wore the Spartan gloves for a while and conditioned them. I like the fit with the suit better than any of my other sets of gloves.

Back