SPARTAN Leathers

Spartaness playing with colors

Here is one of Spartan Leathers Customers playing with color.
Spartaness_1pc_rainbow.gif

I got my SIDI Vertigo's in on Tuesday. They are absolutely awesome and beautifully crafted. They are just about the only reasonably priced full boot that has an adjustable calf. I got them from my favorite local shop for $285.
vertigo_blackblack_1917_detail.jpg

My wife has been a little embarrased because i have been wearing these every night with shorts for an hour or two to break them in. ;)

Just waiting for the custom suit now.

I missed this thread along the way. Thanks for all the information Brad! Looks like this is a great way to get the suit you REALLY want. I do agree with Joe though, get the best they offer in armor to supply the suit with.

One question? If you do have an off and the suit is damaged, can they/will they replace the damaged panels of the suit?

Boots look AWESOME! I really like the SIDI designs for race boots.

Last, again with Joe, you cannot beat a pair of Held gloves with the kangaroo palms. I have a pair of Held Steve's that Currently (the other Joe) gave me when I got back into motorcycles in 2006. I've been wearing them every season and they have "Held" up better than any other glove I've ever owned in the past. You can pick up a dime from a concrete floor with those gloves. :tup:

I got my SIDI Vertigo's in on Tuesday. They are absolutely awesome and beautifully crafted. They are just about the only reasonably priced full boot that has an adjustable calf. I got them from my favorite local shop for $285.

My wife has been a little embarrased because i have been wearing these every night with shorts for an hour or two to break them in. ;)

Just waiting for the custom suit now.

That's exactly what my boots looked like before I crashed them. :) But, there is only a very small tear in the toe now.

I do agree with Joe though, get the best they offer in armor to supply the suit with.

I definitely will.

One question? If you do have an off and the suit is damaged, can they/will they replace the damaged panels of the suit?

No but they have a recommended vendor for such repairs.

Last, again with Joe, you cannot beat a pair of Held gloves with the kangaroo palms. I have a pair of Held Steve's that Currently (the other Joe) gave me when I got back into motorcycles in 2006. I've been wearing them every season and they have "Held" up better than any other glove I've ever owned in the past. You can pick up a dime from a concrete floor with those gloves. :tup:

Way out of my price range right now. I have tried them on and they are amazing.

Isn't the hump on the back also for fall protection as well, or is it just aerodynamics?

I just posted the pics of my new (well new to me) leathers in the Bar Section.
I am looking at them right now and I can vouch for this statement. The hump definitely provides some protection. Mine is soft foam and I think it would provide a lot of protection along the upper back and neck. The leather overlay gives it support and strength. I also think that it would help your head from being snapped completely backward.
I think I would insist on the hump on any future set of leathers I buy just for the protection aspect of it. Plus mine is not a HUGE hump so I don't look like a hunchback! :) LOL I understand the aerodynamics but some of the humps that I have seen have gone a little overboard IMO :)

Yep, that was me a few months ago with my Alpinestars :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

Yep, that was me a few months ago with my Alpinestars :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

One great thing about these boots is they hold their value. I have been watching these Sidi boots on Ebay and they are drop less than $100 from their new price (when they are in good shape). That makes them a pretty good investment.
Personally I would rather buy new boots. LOL Feet get pretty stinky!! :)

Suit is here!

Suit (and gloves) just arrived. I have to say I am very impressed with the suit. It is EXACTLY what I ordered and I love it. Build quality is superb. I am eager to get opinions from some of our track riders on our Hill Country ride in April. Word of warning, the flash on the camera makes the gunmetal look much more silver than it actually is. Looks cool though!

Packaging was AOK....
5354d1298066895-spartan-leathers-img_0544.jpg

Oh yeah!
5355d1298066895-spartan-leathers-img_0545.jpg

Kangaroo Palm Spartan Gloves (they just happened to be on top) so those got photographed first.
5356d1298066895-spartan-leathers-img_0547.jpg

Suit out of packaging. Yep, my knees will be there. Pucks included to the right just off camera.
5357d1298066895-spartan-leathers-img_0548.jpg

.....and stretched out on the table.
5358d1298066895-spartan-leathers-img_0549.jpg

just a few odd shots. I like the embossed logo.
5359d1298066930-spartan-leathers-img_0550.jpg

5361d1298066930-spartan-leathers-img_0552.jpg

5362d1298066930-spartan-leathers-img_0553.jpg

5363d1298066930-spartan-leathers-img_0554.jpg

Zippered vents in the upper arm.
5360d1298066930-spartan-leathers-img_0551.jpg

Last edited:
and more photos....

You can order with larger vent holes if you like.
5364d1298067675-spartan-leathers-img_0555.jpg

High quality zippers and a revers zipper for potty breaks. This is a little more accurate color representation in the first photo.
5365d1298067675-spartan-leathers-img_0556.jpg

5366d1298067675-spartan-leathers-img_0557.jpg

My call sign. Thanks for the suggestion FZ1inNY! This is the large hump. You can get it in no hump, medium or large.
5367d1298067675-spartan-leathers-img_0558.jpg

Finally stretched out with a vew of the back.
5368d1298067675-spartan-leathers-img_0559.jpg

Last edited:
Back